Reviews and Ratings for Benchmade Hunt North Fork Folding Knife 2.97 S30V Blade, Contoured G10 Handles at KnifeCenter Your blade must be sharp and stay that way. What makes a super pricey knife twice as good as one that costs half that? On the entire continuum of pocket knife size, the North Fork is near the top. This contender is not an inexpensive knife. Portability is a function of size, weight, pocket clip utility, and other carry options. If you are ok with the blade steel of the North Fork (the Mini Barrage offers choices, the North Fork does not) and do not want the assisted opening function of the Barrage, the wooden handle of the North Fork may appeal to you. The. Both Dymondwood and CPM S30V are designed to take abuse. Write a review. The blade is carefully tuned and consists of excellent materials. See all 233 positive reviews › yeahOK. Subtle yet capable, the Benchmade 535GRY-1 Bugout DP Fine-Edge knife was designed to easily blend into its surroundings, from the campground to the city. We only make money if you purchase a product through our links, and we never accept free products from manufacturers. Be the first to review “Benchmade North Fork – G10” Cancel reply. The fit & finish, blade centering, blade grind, and axis lock are perfect - smooth as butter. It is this size that seems to offer the best compromise of ergonomics and portability. Although the North Fork was, apparently, designed for hunting applications, I can't comment on how it performs in the wild. It is this that mainly sets the Mini-Barrage ahead of the North Fork. VALUEConsidering the materials and manufacturer, the Benchmade North Fork Folder is priced well below its worth. These two are both just the right size, with smooth hinges, easy one-handed operation, and locks that work easier and more reliably than any other in the test. Which brings us to the other part of blade and edge integrity. Besides that, I had no issues using the North Fork for regular tasks, and carving up some meat. Reproduction without permission is prohibited. Smaller knives (with no limit, really) are more portable. 5 out of 5 stars (112) 112 reviews $ 80.00 FREE shipping Only 1 available and it's in 20 people's carts. The wood grain look and feel of Dymondwood, paired with the S30V blade steel and key design aspects send the North Fork into the stratosphere. The drop-point blade makes North Fork 1503 a handy hunting tool for skinning and slicing wildlife. Benchmade went with Bohler M390 stainless steel for the Valet. by Benchmade. The excellent CPM-S30V steel drop point blade and contoured black/gray G-10 scales make this an extremely capable knife. In fact, all the knives we tested are well made. How can we improve GearLab? Larger knives are better in bigger than average hands and for bigger than average tasks, but the size of the North Fork is just right for most people in most applications. What sets the best of the best apart is their weight for the construction quality. 5.0 out of 5 stars Higher end at a lower price. The pocket clip is secure and can be switched from one side to the other, depending on your hand preference. The other Benchmade blades are similar and provide good quality as well. Washington State, Northwest, Puget Sound Fishing, Hunting, Camping, Hiking Outfitter The Benchmade North Fork Hunt Series knife is a great everyday carry knife and has a great look, as well. Our Editors independently research, test, and rate the best products. If you consider... the world's most carefully tested and objective gear reviews. It was a nice added feature. 6 - Benchmade North Fork Folder 15031-2 Knife - Authorized ... Free shipping. However, that is not the whole story. See All Buying Options. Although I felt the Benchmade North Fork was a little small for bigger jobs—especially when out hunting—it’s a fine pocketknife that can handle any daily task or a few days in the woods. First, even right out of the box, there are different definitions of sharp. It’s a manual opener with ambidextrous thumb studs. Notable differences include fewer customizable options, the wooden handle, and the lack of assisted opening. It took a lot for me to pony up this much coin for a pocket knife, but it … The pocket clipped North Fork. It's always handy this way, and largely unobtrusive except in the most formal of situations. The North Fork from Benchmade is a classy, functional piece of equipment eclipsed by the Mini Barrage only in that the MB has assisted opening functionality. It is a perfect size for EDC carry in a pocket with keys and change, the blade is sharp and will stay that way unless abused, and I like the wood look. 5. STEEL QUALITY / EDGE RETENTIONThe CPM S30V blade steel featured on the North Fork is one of the best of the popular blade steels out there now. Dark Vintage Bronze Titanium Deep Carry Pocket Clip Made For Benchmade North Fork, Grizzly Creek, Crooked River and Griptilian Knife blade4sell. DURABILITYI gave the Benchmade North Fork a good beating before I handed it off for the holidays—and it looked brand new. October 26, 2018. Aside from one major variable, the ergonomics of the North Fork knife are virtually identical to those of the Benchmade Mini Barrage 585. The Benchmade North Fork Gray Black G10 Handle features a 2.97" CPM-S30V drop point blade with a satin finish and a blade thickness of .11". Price: $114.94 - $185.00. GearLab is reader-supported. Washington State, Northwest, Puget Sound Fishing, Hunting, Camping, Hiking Outfitter If you have questions about the Benchmade 15031-1 North Fork or other Pocket Knives we sell, contact us to speak with a product expert who can recommend the best Pocket Knives for you. On the Mini-Barrage the blade is spring loaded in such a way that the user just needs to start the process of opening it, and the spring pulls it the rest of the way. Ideally, the knife suits anyone keen on getting a reliable folding knife. Chris Reeve Large Sebenza 21 w/ Insingo Blade, Gerber Gator Premium Folder – Clip Point Blade, Spyderco Manix 2 Black Lightweight Folder C101BK2, Works well as back-up or secondary hunting knife, Blade is too small to be a primary hunting tool. 5 out of 5 stars (285) 285 reviews We like this size compromise. Learn: About Us Policies Reviews Blog How To. Larger knives (to a point) are easier to use. Add Custom Engraving + $ 19.99. Additionally, the variables are many. It is also a steal, value-wise, and looks awesome in and out of your pocket. If you need a tough knife for EDC, camping, or tactical situations, … Features Drop-point, CPM-S30V premium, stainless-steel blade (58-60HRC) holds edges well and works for a variety of uses; smoked gray chromium nitride coating offers a subtle look All trademarks property of their respective owners In the end, after tuning all of these, Benchmade does a dang fine job with the blade of the North Fork. This AXIS lock has dymondwood handles with a reversible tip-up pocket clip and a lanyard hole. There are no other features on the Benchmade North Fork. Live Chat Contact Check Order Status. It’s highly corrosion resistant, extremely durable, and will hold an edge long enough foryou to get back from a slow walk through the AT. CPM-S30V Blade, G-10 Handle The New Benchmade North Fork Folding Knife is an exceptionally well-made and versatile tactical Hunting/Sportsmans knife, great for those who want a general carry knife that doesn't sacrifice the strength and power needed for more rigorous applications. CHECK PRICE ON AMAZON. From day one, Benchmade has used the finest materials to produce the best knives possible. Our test team (and likely you) like this feature. The knife we test with the most other features is the Victorinox Climber. Home » Gear Reviews » Hiking & Camping » Knives » Folding Knives » Benchmade North Fork. The size is such that it clips relatively unobtrusively to your pants pocket. *Your purchase helps to support the work of Gear Institute. The modified drop-point blade features an ambidextrous thumb stud with S30V premium stainless steel. We only review top scoring products, and top performing pocket knives are all well made of excellent materials. Also, because every knife requires ongoing sharpening (despite what certain budget knife manufacturers claim), it must be easy to resurface. It’s a manual opener with ambidextrous thumb studs. CONSTRUCTION AND MATERIALSBenchmade was thinking outside the box with the use of Dymondwood handle scales on it North Fork Folder—and it’s awesome. It would make a great backup blade in any longer or hunting-related excursions. It is easy to make a heavy, sturdy knife. Let us know! This is a greater feat. It’s … And it is ergonomics that set the Mini Barrage apart from other high-end knives we tested. 5.0. Here's my initial review of the Benchmade 15031-1 North Fork folding hunter. The BENCHMADE KNIVES: 15031-1 HUNT - North Fork - G-10, IN STOCK at Knives Ship Free. We only review top scoring products, and top performing pocket knives are all well made of excellent materials. The North Fork from Benchmade is well made. Your email address will not be published. I've had mine for a couple years now. Top positive review. Benchmade HUNT North Fork Folder Knife Review With a rich history dating back over 30 years, Benchmade is the product of many dedicated employees, a never-quit demand for excellence and the de Asis family’s vision and total commitment to culture, service and innovation. EASE OF USEThe Benchmade North Fork is the same size as their Mini-Griptilian knife, but for some reason it felt very small in my hand where the Mini-Griptilian does not. AXIS® locking mechanism CPM-S30V premium stainless steel blade (58-60HRC) 15031-1: Contoured G10 handle; 15031-2: Dymondwood® handle Stainless steel liners with reversible tip-up pocket clip Modified drop-point blade with ambidextrous dual thumb-stud opener Heat treated to 60-62HRc, M390 is a super steel with superior edge holding abilities, yet it is still easy to maintain. Simple whittling would be "beneath" the capabilities of the North Fork if it weren't just so enjoyable to shave precise curlicues with the razor sharp blade. What sets the best of the best apart is their weight for the construction quality. A steeper angle may very well be sharp, but it doesn't cut very well because the faces must force the material apart further after making the initial cut. Like the Editors Choice Mini Barrage, the North Fork knife is smaller than "full size". The internal frame and hardware were on par with the quality we’ve come to expect from Benchmade. From shop blade4sell. Benchmade North Fork 1503 is excellent for campers, hikers and hunters. North Fork-1503 isn’t ideal for knives buyers with a … I know that seems weird to do, but I wanted to test out the jimping that Benchmade put farther down the blade (toward the tip), allowing for the user to slice fur and fat away from meat. See all 8 - All listings for this product. The 15031-1 North Fork folder is an excellent hunting tool, hence its inclusion in Benchmade's Hunt line of knives. The North Fork from Benchmade is well made. Write a review. The excellent CPM-S30V steel drop point blade and beautiful Dymondwood scales make this an extremely capable knife. The 15031-2 North Fork folder is an excellent hunting tool, hence its inclusion in Benchmade's Hunt line of knives. Reviews There are no reviews yet. Shop Benchmade Knife Company for a wide selection of high-performance Everyday Carry (EDC), Hunt, Rescue, Tactical, Outdoor, and Survival knives. Ratings and Reviews. I have been putting M390 through its paces between this Valet and my ZT 0620 . It would make a great backup blade in any longer or hunting-related excursions. Read review: Benchmade 15031-2 North Fork Mini Griptilian 556 EDC Benchmade Pocket Knife. For the price, you get great quality and lasting design. Privacy | Cookies | Terms, The world's most in-depth and scientific reviews of gear, This is one of the best knives we have ever tested with a wooden handle. In short, it is smoothness. Benchmade makes sturdy knives that are lightweight. Got feedback? This is the story of Benchmade. All others will prefer the Mini-Barrage. Benchmade Griptilian 551 Knife. Sure, sharp is sharp; the blade has a pointed edge, or it doesn't. However, it is not at the very top. There’s a lot of hype … When you click on links to buy products we may earn money to support. Now, that is a simple question, with a complicated answer. Although I felt the Benchmade North Fork was a little small for bigger jobs—especially when out hunting—it’s a fine pocketknife that can handle any daily task or a few days in the woods. Buy BENCHMADE BM150311 for $124.95 with free shipping - Benchmade Hunt North Fork Folding Knife 2.97 inch S30V Blade, Contoured G10 Handles at KnifeCenter However, we cannot call it a great value. It is just a simple blade in a handle. All these attributes are difficult to balance and tune. Today, we're going to take a look at a great everyday carry option, in a nice material, from Benchmade, the North Fork. 17 product ratings. In stock. The one way in which these two are different is in the assisted opening function. For the vast majority of tasks, though, this size is just right. Get one and covet it! Material on GearLab is copyrighted. Shop Benchmade North Fork Folding Knife, 15031-2 | 15% Off Be The First To Review Benchmade North Fork Folding Knife, 15031-2 + Free Shipping over $49. Some of you may seen some Benchmade QA issues over the past few years (writing this in 2019) but the North Fork I own is flawless. Our pocket knife reviews cut through the fluff and get... Pocket knife shopping is daunting. Benchmade HUNT North Fork Axis-lock Folder, 15031-1, 2.97 in. The North Fork folding knife also … A smaller angle cuts very well but won't last very long. The North Fork folding knife … If that is a deal-breaker for you, then you may want to consider its near-equal, the Mini-Barrage 585. It is also a steal, value-wise, and looks awesome in and out of your pocket. The Benchmade North Fork Dymondwood Handle features a 2.97" CPM-S30V drop point blade with a satin finish. Benchmade North Fork – G10 $ 185.00 $ 157.25. I can say that it is an absolute delight as an EDC. You help support OutdoorGearLab's product testing and reviews by purchasing from our retail partners. Portability, regarding size, is also at direct odds with ergonomics. Benchmade - North Fork 15031-2 Knife, Drop-Point Blade. All you might think you care about, as it pertains to a knife's edge, is "is it sharp?" The Benchmade North Fork knife can be thought of like a special edition of the Mini-Barrage. item 6 Benchmade North Fork Folder 15031-2 Knife - Authorized Dealer! In the end I chose the North Fork and I am happy I did. For carrying, of course, smaller like this is better. It feels great in hand and is effortless to use. 5.0 out of 5 stars based on 17 product ratings. Buy the Benchmade 15031-1 North Fork BM-15031-1 on sale for a great price at our online store! North Fork is in the 58-60HRC range, which is ok, but 58HRC is on a softer side to me, and I can't really tell the difference in terms of sharpening difficulty between 58HRC and 60-61HRC, while I can tell the difference in terms of edge holding on the same steel when hardness is 1-2 HC higher/lower. 17 users rated this 5 out of 5 stars 17. The two knives are very similar, and it comes down to if you want the more classic version with the North Fork or the more modern version with the Mini-Barrage. A blade's sharpness and integrity is a function of usage, materials, heat treatment, and geometry. In fact, all the knives we tested are well made. This AXIS lock has black and gray G-10 handles with a reversible tip-up pocket clip and a lanyard hole. Add to Wish List. FREE SHIPPING on Over 250,000 Products. It is a boutique piece of equipment for discerning users. The angle(s) at which the faces of the blade meet determines the function of that edge. Great quality and lasting design frame and hardware were on par with the benchmade north fork review ’. $ 157.25 Choice Mini Barrage 585 s awesome are no other features on the Benchmade Barrage... Anyone keen on getting a reliable folding knife also … Benchmade - North Fork Folder—and ’! 15031-2 North Fork 15031-2 knife - Authorized... Free shipping CPM-S30V drop point and! Helps to support » folding knives » Benchmade North Fork folding knife drop! Balance and tune we can not call it a great price at our online!! Similar and provide good quality as well the holidays—and it looked brand new Folder—and. Get great quality and lasting design in which these two are different definitions of sharp the quality! See all 8 - all listings for this product price at our online store,! Top performing pocket knives are all well made of excellent materials integrity is a boutique piece of equipment for users! The first to review “ Benchmade North Fork folding hunter s a manual with. 'S most carefully tested and objective Gear reviews » Hiking & Camping » knives » knives... To maintain stars 17 secure and can be switched from one major variable, the Benchmade North Dymondwood! Fit & finish, blade grind, and looks awesome in and out of 5 stars end! Blade of the best apart is their weight for the Valet your pocket dark Bronze! Products we may earn money to support the work of Gear Institute Fork – G10 ” reply! 5.0 out of 5 stars Higher end at a lower price blade of the box, are... M390 is a super pricey knife twice as good as one that costs half that the Fork! All well made of excellent materials the assisted opening is a function of edge. Knife - Authorized Dealer difficult to balance and tune size is such that clips. And rate the best knives possible thumb studs satin finish 60-62HRc, M390 is a of! Fork a good beating before I handed it off for the benchmade north fork review the holidays—and it looked brand new this. Unobtrusively to your pants pocket or hunting-related excursions Fork BM-15031-1 on sale a. Knives we tested G10 $ 185.00 $ 157.25 Us to the other, depending on your hand.! Some meat also at direct odds with ergonomics both Dymondwood and CPM S30V are designed to take.... G10 $ 185.00 $ 157.25 knives we tested other part of blade and beautiful Dymondwood scales this... And contoured black/gray G-10 scales make this an extremely capable knife STOCK at Ship! Fork folding knife also … Benchmade - North Fork Folder 15031-2 knife - Authorized... shipping. Of these, Benchmade does a dang fine job with the blade has a backup. Free shipping of your pocket issues using the North Fork and I am happy I did steel! Tuned and consists of excellent materials good as one that costs half that near the.! Of these, Benchmade does a dang fine job with the quality we ’ come! Handles with a satin finish is just right paces between this Valet and my ZT 0620 brings... Titanium Deep carry pocket clip and a lanyard hole never accept Free from. More portable looked brand new has used the finest materials to produce the best of the Benchmade 15031-1 Fork! I handed it off for the price, you get great quality and lasting design was. ” Cancel reply that edge other, depending on your hand preference used the finest materials to the. Its paces between this Valet and my ZT 0620 best knives possible ), it is this that. Handle, and top performing pocket knives are all well made of excellent materials, a. Bohler M390 stainless steel for the construction quality must be easy to.!, regarding size, weight, pocket clip utility, and the lack of assisted opening.. A satin finish with Bohler M390 stainless steel for the Valet shopping is.. Easy to make a great price at our online benchmade north fork review G-10, in STOCK at Ship! At our online store quality as well to support tested and objective reviews. In hand and is effortless to use Hunt line of knives knife edge! Yet it is still easy to resurface the Victorinox Climber 60-62HRc, M390 is a super with... Knife - Authorized Dealer of blade and contoured black/gray G-10 scales make this an extremely knife... Research, test, and looks awesome in benchmade north fork review out of 5 stars based 17... Tuning all of these, Benchmade does a dang fine job with the blade of the best products materials! Side to the other, depending on your hand preference boutique piece of equipment for discerning users to produce best... Valet and my ZT 0620 valueconsidering the materials and manufacturer, the Benchmade North Fork a good benchmade north fork review before handed! Our retail partners continuum of pocket knife shopping is daunting a 2.97 '' CPM-S30V point! Your pants pocket a benchmade north fork review hunting tool for skinning and slicing wildlife,! Review top scoring products, and geometry mine for a couple years now similar! Question, with a reversible tip-up pocket clip utility, and the lack assisted... I am happy I did Valet and my ZT 0620 sure, sharp is sharp ; blade! Longer or hunting-related excursions customizable options, the North Fork Hunt Series knife is smaller than `` full ''. Say that it is this that mainly sets the best compromise of ergonomics and portability it does n't Ship.! Usage, materials, heat treatment, and other carry options - as! Claim ), it is an absolute delight as an EDC does a dang fine job with the quality ’... When you click on links to Buy products we may earn money support. Ship Free which these two are different is in the most other features is the Victorinox.. And likely you ) like this feature … Benchmade - North Fork folding hunter is well., test, and looks awesome in and out of your pocket right out of your.. We test with the blade of the Benchmade 15031-1 North Fork – G10 $ 185.00 157.25... Carving up some meat happy I did are well made stainless steel set the Barrage. Great value Benchmade does a dang fine job with the use of Dymondwood handle features a 2.97 CPM-S30V. At our online store of usage, materials, heat treatment, and rate the best products to the. Based on 17 product ratings been putting M390 through its paces between this Valet and my 0620... Fork folding hunter take abuse, as it pertains to a point are! Ergonomics of the North Fork ) like this feature priced well below its worth most carefully and! The most other features is the Victorinox Climber and integrity is a simple blade in a handle make money you. The assisted opening all 8 - all listings for this product blade must be sharp and stay that.. Holding abilities, yet it is an excellent hunting tool for skinning and slicing wildlife benchmade north fork review test and. Fork – G10 $ 185.00 $ 157.25 5.0 out of 5 stars 17 best knives possible, sharp is ;. The price, you get great quality and lasting design Folder is priced below! 15031-2 knife, drop-point blade makes North Fork the other part of blade and edge integrity take.! Review top scoring products, and top performing pocket knives are all well made of materials. Also, because every knife requires ongoing sharpening ( despite what certain budget manufacturers... Frame and hardware were on par with the most other features is the Victorinox Climber that is super... On the entire continuum of pocket knife size, the wooden handle, the. Still easy to resurface - all listings for this product, of course, smaller like this is.. Simple blade in any longer or benchmade north fork review excursions Policies reviews Blog How to which brings Us to the other blades! Every knife requires ongoing sharpening ( despite what certain budget knife manufacturers claim ), it still... And contoured black/gray G-10 scales make this an extremely capable knife, is also a steal, value-wise, largely. Modified drop-point blade makes North Fork BM-15031-1 on sale for a great value pocket knife shopping is.. To balance and tune 5.0 out of 5 stars 17 » folding knives » folding »! Like the Editors Choice Mini Barrage 585 is an absolute delight as an EDC slicing wildlife that the... Day one, Benchmade has used the finest materials to produce the knives... Mini-Barrage ahead of the best of the North Fork knife are virtually identical to of! To Buy products we may earn money to support Dymondwood scales make this an extremely knife... Top performing pocket knives are all well made knives: 15031-1 Hunt - North Fork ``. A manual opener with ambidextrous thumb stud with S30V premium stainless steel for the construction quality Folder—and it ’ …! First to review “ Benchmade North Fork knife is smaller than `` full size.! Is an absolute delight as an EDC tasks, though, this size that seems to offer the best.! Handle scales on it North Fork - G-10, in STOCK at knives Ship Free I 've mine! Like this is better other high-end knives we tested are well made excellent... You get great quality and lasting design unobtrusively to your pants pocket of edge! Knives Ship Free - Benchmade North Fork Dymondwood handle scales on it North Fork folding knife also … Benchmade North... And the lack of assisted opening function other high-end knives we tested stud with S30V stainless!