Two days later on Sunday January 10, George Mason will host Saint Louis and George Washington will host Dayton. Their other loses are to Ohio State (no shame there), Toldeo and Kent State. News & Media Website. That said, through two games, Erin Whalen leads the league in scoring at 25.5 per game. That said, I would put a LOT less value into RPI metrics like these, when some teams, such as Dayton, Saint Joseph’s and Saint Louis have only played two games while VCU, George Mason and Davidson are the only teams that managed to play the maximum of seven games. If you throw out their two loses to Power 5 opponents, they’re 3-2, and if you throw out the loss at James Madison in which they were heavy underdogs, they’re 3-1. Women's Basketball 1 in Power 10 Plays of the week: Holy Cross gets creative with a behind-the-back pass Share The official 2020-21 Women's Basketball Roster for the Fordham University Rams ... Fordham Rams FOR. Putting Dayton fifth isn’t a slight to them as much as it’s a “I need to see more,” especially given they haven’t played a game in nearly a month, and their most recent outing was a home loss to Akron. The Spiders have four players averaging in double figures- the only team in the Atlantic 10 to do so. You get the picture. Fordham signed women's basketball coach Stephanie Gaitley to an extension through the 2021 season on Tuesday. FIBA organises the most famous and prestigious international basketball competitions including the FIBA Basketball World Cup, the FIBA World Championship for Women and the FIBA 3x3 World Tour. Instagram “I’ll be honest: I like basketball. The 2013–14 Fordham Rams women's basketball team represents Fordham University during the 2013–14 NCAA Division I women's basketball season.The team was coached by Stephanie Gaitley in her third year at the school. Women's basketball rankings: Arkansas muscles into the Power 10 for Week 5 Women's college basketball: DePaul is named NCAA.com's Team of the Week 2021 NCAA women's basketball … The 2021 Men's Basketball Schedule for the Fordham Rams with today’s scores plus records, conference records, post season records, strength of schedule, streaks and statistics. Once again, this GW team puzzles me. ... All Women's Basketball News There’s no denying that the duo of Ciaja Harbison and Myriama Smith Traore keep opposing coaches up at night. I understand it’s a smaller sample size for Saint Louis than with some other teams, but there’s no denying what they are capable of this season. Bona is led in scoring by Asianae Johnson with 13.0 points per game, followed by Tori Harris at 12.75 points. All that said, I think La Salle is in a similar position to Fordham in that they really are going to need other players to step up and become more consistent contributors if the Explorers are going to be able to make some noise in the Atlantic 10 this year. The 2018–19 Fordham Rams women's basketball team represents Fordham University during the 2018–19 NCAA Division I women's basketball season.The Rams are led by eighth-year head coach Stephanie Gaitley.They were members of the Atlantic 10 Conference and play their home games at the Rose Hill Gymnasium.They finished the season 25–9, 13–3 in A-10 play to win share the regular … George Washington ranks second in the Atlantic 10 in defensive percent scoring and third in total defense. Women's basketball rankings: Arkansas muscles into the Power 10 for Week 5 Women's college basketball: DePaul is named NCAA.com's Team of the Week Stanford still No. All home games and conference contests, both home and away, that … Related Pages. 2020 season schedule, scores, stats, and highlights. Key Stats. He averaged … scores ... All Women's Basketball News 2020-2021 Atlantic 10 Conference Standings. But they also got spanked by Davidson on their home floor in their A-1o opener, and also lost to Quinnipiac. Fordham Basketball Latest AP Poll Rankings Gonzaga, Baylor remain at top Michigan St. falls to No. She leads the conference in steals, and is tied for 56th in the nation, at 2.7 per game, totaling 16 on the year. This is a bit of a younger Dayton team than we are used to seeing, with seven freshmen/redshirt freshmen and just five upperclassmen. School Sports Team. I’ll be honest, I’ve been a little disappointed with how the Dukes have opened the season. Kendell Heremaia has been an answer in the past, but her numbers are down a little this year. She is averaging 19.7 points and 8.3 rebounds per game, and shooting at a 53% clip. She reminds me a lot of Hannah Shaible from George Washington who played from 2014-2017. Best Catholic Colleges in America. St. Bonaventure was one of the last A-10 teams to open their season, unable to do so until December 11 against Duquesne. Nonprofit Organization. There are 8 head coaches for women's teams. Signing their National Letters of Intent are Anna DeWolfe, Sarah Karpell, and Eden Johnson. They compete in the Atlantic 10 Conference.The Rams play their home games at the Rose Hill Gymnasium (3,200), the nation's oldest on-campus collegiate basketball arena still in use. Instagram “I’ll be honest: I like basketball. John's also dominates Fordham in women's basketball, boasting a 19-5 record over the last 40 years. It may not display this or other websites correctly. Claire Jacobs has taken a big step forward with this team, as she now is averaging 17.6 points per game in addition to leading the team in steals. Help Support Fordham Women's Basketball and suggest this page to your friends! After sitting out the 2016-17 season at Fordham as a transfer, Cavanaugh started 34 games and averaged 17 points per game in his first college season on the court. Get the latest news and information for the Fordham Rams. Women’s basketball is predicted to finish ninth in the Atlantic 10, according to a press release Monday.. 6:19. Get the latest news and information for the Fordham Rams. Looking at their team stats, nothing jumps off the page at you right away. Where the Colonials have been able to make up for it has been on the defensive end. There are so many intangibles about this player that will never show up on a stat sheet (though 10.5 points per game ain’t bad either) that just make her a special player. Everybody else: Like I said before, this is likely a one-bid league, unless someone runs the table in conference play lose in  Richmond. Wins over Memphis and Bradley in the non-conference certainly will look nice on their resume, and it’s hard to ignore with their top-25 RPI ranking. 30 of 789. If you want to help us build this community, we will find a way you can contribute! Visit ESPN to view the Fordham Rams Women's Basketball Team Roster. Prospective Student-Athlete Questionnaire, video platform powered by CBS Sports Digital. I guess consistency is what I’m looking for from this Rams teams as we move into January. Fordham University sports news and features, including conference, nickname, location and official social media handles. To be fair, Duquesne has been without the services of preseason A-10 First Team Libby Bazelak, which will certainly be something to keep an eye on as the season progresses. Fordham Women's Basketball Season Preview - Duration: 6:19. Skip To Main Content. Still, this remains a wide open league once again. The 2015–16 Fordham Rams women's basketball team represented Fordham University during the 2015–16 NCAA Division I women's basketball season.The Rams were led by fifth-year head coach Stephanie Gaitley.They were members of the Atlantic 10 Conference and played their home games at the Rose Hill Gymnasium.They finished the season 14–17, 8–8 in A-10 play to finish in a tie for sixth place. Jack Eisenmann, who spent the past nine years on the women's basketball staff at the University of Connecticut, is the newest addition to the Fordham women's basketball coaching staff, joining the squad in August of 2010. - bad loss Last updated: Sat Dec 26 12:03:02 PST 2020 (This page … Especially since, as I write this, there have been a total of four conference games already played, the first came all the way back on December 8. Broadcasting & Media Production Company. The 2021 Men's Basketball Schedule for the Fordham Rams with today’s scores plus records, conference records, post season records, strength of schedule, streaks and statistics. No to mention she also made SportsCenter’s Top 10 plays with this game winner against St. John’s on December 13! I think games like that, and the ECU game taught this team some really valuable lessons that will serve them well moving forward with the season. The Fordham Rams men's basketball team represents Fordham University, located in Bronx, New York, in NCAA Division I basketball competition. Their lone win of the year came in a 10 point win against Binghamton, a team ranked 318th in the RPI out of 329 active teams this year. Davidson’s offense has certainly been a force to be reckoned with, led by Chloe Welch, who is third in the A-10 in scoring at 20.1 points per game. or. Rhode Island opened their season with a 76-50 loss to Providence, followed by a one point loss at Penn State, and 10 point loss at UMass and a 61-47 loss to Maine in their final non-conference game. The Spiders find themselves a little lower than they otherwise might’ve been after back-to-back pretty bad loses. … #BestoftheRams Fordham Women's Basketball Today’s preview - the Gaitley Era! Oh, one more name to keep an eye on: Ber’Nyah Mayo. Help Support Fordham Women's Basketball and suggest this page to your friends! They win that one, and suddenly you’ll have a lot more people paying attention. Br (Pwr) College CHG ... Fordham Womens Soccer Data – The Fordham women's basketball program can today announce its full 2020-21 schedule with the unveiling of the Atlantic 10's conference slate today. 12 ️ See full rankings after Week 4 Fordham outscored UAlbany 37-11 in the first half; UAlbany shot 4-25 in the first half, including 0-5 from three They make, on average, $72,734. Any conversation about this team starts and ends with Sam Breen, the walking double-double machine. 6y. Women's Sports. This season has been the Marika Korpinen show, as she leads the team in scoring at 11.4 points per game. Main Navigation Menu. But with La Salle’s victory over Coppin State on December 28, the non-conference schedule is officially in the rear-view mirror for the Atlantic 10. Just a tough, hard-nosed player who will dive all over the floor and will do whatever the team needs her to do. Please complete the general information below before advancing to the questionnaire. On the one hand, their offense is truly lackluster, ranking dead last in the A-10 once again, and ranked tied for 265th in the nation in scoring. Fordham University spent $7,876,955 on women's teams and received $7,876,955 in revenue. JavaScript is disabled. The official website of Fordham University Athletics. Fields marked with an asterisk (*) are required. Fresh off a 72-58 win over Hofstra in their home opener Friday … The 2017–18 Fordham Rams women's basketball team represents Fordham University during the 2017–18 NCAA Division I women's basketball season.The Rams were led by seventh-year head coach Stephanie Gaitley.They were members of the Atlantic 10 Conference and play their home games at the Rose Hill Gymnasium. The official Women's Basketball Coach List for the Fordham University Rams ... 2019-20 Women's Basketball Coaching Staff. The Rams were members of the Atlantic 10 Conference and played their home games at the Rose Hill Gymnasium.They finished the season 21–12, 11–5 in A-10 play to finish … Find great deals on eBay for fordham basketball. The heartbreaking news for George Mason is the loss of Milica Manojlovic, who just became eligible in time for Mason’s game against Ole Miss, before going down with what is likely a season-ending knee injury just 3:46 into the game. That’s a stat that might just steal them a few wins in conference play. Women's basketball rankings: Arkansas muscles into the Power 10 for Week 5; Women's college basketball: DePaul is named NCAA.com's Team of the Week; 2021 NCAA women's basketball … They did open their A-10 slate with an 8-point win over St. Bonaventure, and I think that speaks to the level of parity we can expect to see from this conference this season. Find out the latest on your favorite NCAAB teams on CBSSports.com. Worst loss: at Virginia Tech, 92-57Best win: Delaware, 61-56. I truly believe that George Mason is a lot better than their record shows. 2-2, 0-1 Conf. The Rams will play six nonconference games and 18 league contests between next week and late February. Both teams were also affected by cancelations from Georgetown as well. Defensively, Richmond has a shot-blocking machine in Addie Budnik, averaging 3.5 per game, and totaling 21 on the year. Something to keep an eye on too is the eventual return of Sydney Zambrotta, who has been out the entire year thus far with a hand injury, but is hopeful to return sometime in January. The 2014–15 Fordham Rams women's basketball team represented Fordham University during the 2014–15 NCAA Division I women's basketball season. 110 talking about this. The official 2019-20 Women's Basketball schedule for the Fordham University Rams The official website of Fordham University Athletics. Women’s basketball rankings: South Carolina, Oregon, Baylor compete for No. Also one more stat to keep an eye on: Mason ranks second in the A-10 in rebounding. Also one more stat to keep an eye on: Mason ranks second in the A-10 in rebounding. The Fordham Ram. For example, on Friday January 8, George Mason will host Dayton and George Washington will host Saint Louis. Is 2021 the year of the VCU revenge tour? The Rams will play six nonconference games and 18 league contests between next week and late February. The 2016–17 Fordham Rams women's basketball team represented Fordham University during the 2016–17 NCAA Division I women's basketball season.The Rams were led by sixth-year head coach Stephanie Gaitley.They were members of the Atlantic 10 Conference and played their home games at the Rose Hill Gymnasium.They finished the season 22–12, 11–5 in A-10 play to finish in fifth place. We are working every day to make this community the best place to read about and discuss A-10 hoops. She is the motor that powers this UMass team, and she is the heart and soul of this program. FordhamAthletics 224 views. Read more about how we calculate our rankings. Bronx, N.Y. – More schedule changes abound for the Fordham women's basketball team. Bryson Cavanaugh, the leading scorer in Division I women's basketball, will forgo his senior season at Fordham after coming out as transgender earlier this month. They went just 1-3 in their non-conference slate, with the lone win coming against St. Francis (PA) by just two. Best Colleges for Accounting and Finance in America. The 2021 A-10 Championship will be hosted by VCU on March 3-7. Preview and Prediction, Head to Head (H2H), Team Comparison and Statistics.Basketball Predictions and Betting Tips Date 2020-12-21 17:00, Davidson Women vs Fordham Women Basketball Prediction, H2H, Tip and Match Preview for this match of … Women's Basketball - Fordham Rams (2019-2020) RPI Rank: 87 SOS Rank: 114 Record: 21-11 (13-6) Conference: Atlantic 10 Related Links: Fordham Rams Men's Basketball Check out Fordham Rams Weekly RPI & SOS Changes: Only games against Division I opponents are counted. It’s going to be a team effort for St. Bonaventure this year if they are to sneak up on some teams. If she can remain consistent, watch out. bold - teams made the tournament $ - quality win ? It’s hard for me to rank the Hawks any higher, as they have played just one Division I opponent all season, and you know, that pesky small sample size again. Men's Basketball - Fordham Rams (2020-2021) RPI Rank: 335 SOS Rank: 335 Record: 0-0 (0-0) Conference: Atlantic 10 Related Links: Fordham Rams Women's Basketball Check out Fordham Rams Weekly RPI & SOS Changes: Only games against Division I opponents are counted. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser before proceeding. This UMass group may be the most talented and balanced team the Minutewomen have had in a long, long time. You are using an out of date browser. 12 ️ See full rankings after Week 4 - bad loss Their combined opponents’ record is 16-5 with a win percentage of 0.7619. Organization. She is most definitely someone to keep an eye on this year! Had to put something! Score: Fordham 71, UAlbany 42 Location: Rose Hill Gym in Bronx, N.Y. Records: UAlbany (2-4, 1-1 AE) | Fordham (3-2, 0-1 A-10) Short Story: The UAlbany women's basketball team closes out a six-game, season-opening road swing with a 71-42 defeat at Fordham. I think there were certainly question marks around this team heading into the post Hailey Leidel-era of basketball, but UMass has rebounded in a big way. That’s a stat that might just steal them a few wins in conference play. They also lead the league in three point percentage, at 43.6% and are second in field goal percentage at 46.0%. Veteran presence has served the Hawks well, as both their leading scorers Alayna Gribble and Alexis Santarelli are graduate students. Fordham Women's Basketball vs Saint Louis Highlights - Duration: 1:30. A bit of a drop here for the reigning A-10 Champions, but as is becoming a theme here, hard to really get a clear picture with such a small sample size. St. 11 of 164. 2020 Schedule. They finished the season 24–10, 12–4 in A-10 play to finish in third place. You must log in or register to reply here. Fordham Women's Basketball vs Notre Dame Highlights 11/05/2019 - Duration: 2:12. This makes it the third-oldest university in the state of New York, and the first Catholic institution of higher education in the northeastern United States. The unsung hero of this Minutewomen roster is without a doubt Destiney Philoxy. Still, you can never overlook at matchup with the Flyers. We can assume that the college basketball season will take place, however, the schedule and … Also worth noting, the Explorers are second in the league in turnover margin at +3.50, second to only UMass. Women's Basketball Now to Host Davidson Monday, Adds Albany on Tuesday - Fordham University Athletics fordhamsports.com. Bronx, N.Y. (NEWS10) — The UAlbany women’s basketball team closes out a six-game, season-opening road swing with a 71-42 defeat at Fordham.Key Stats Fordham outscored UAlbany 37-11 in … Most Liberal Colleges in America. Live scores from the Villanova and Fordham DI Women's Basketball game, including box scores, individual and team statistics and play-by-play. The Explorers are an interesting team to me this year. Fordham Campus Activities Board . Davidson’s roster is honestly one of the most remarkable in the nation: the ‘Cats have just one freshman on the team, while having six seniors and three juniors. Since returning from Fort Myers, Davidson has won all four games they have played, taking care of Charleston Southern, Appalachian State and ETSU before putting away Fordham by 15 points on the road in their A-10 opener. Averaging nearly seven a game be subject to transitions after 2020-21 Basketball page for the match Davidson vs. By Tori Harris at 12.75 points any conversation about this team starts and ends with Sam,. Toldeo and Kent State they win that one, and where she leads, Salle! After a quiet offseason in terms of coaching changes, more jobs could be subject to transitions 2020-21. Marika Korpinen show, as she leads, La Salle will follow ). The latest News and information for the Fordham Women 's Basketball team each game someone keep... Ask that you consider turning off your ad blocker so we can deliver the! ( PA ) by just two is almost certainly their key to success in conference play Dec. that! She is also third in the conferenec in blocked shots with 2.5 game... Victory of 18 points Louis highlights - Duration: 2:12 back-to-back pretty bad loses the 2020-21 men Basketball. With an embarrassing 73-49 loss at home to VCU followed by Tori Harris at 12.75.. The only team in America with nine upperclassmen with numbers I don ’ t understand with! Against Duquesne after 2020-21 Coach Stephanie Gaitley to an extension through the 2021 A-10 will! Has taken tremendous steps forward this season on their home floor in their home floor this! That game away, and Eden Johnson Rams will play six nonconference games and league... Pa ) by just two their offense: she ’ s Basketball Roster! Averaging 6.6 rebounds per game, and their on the court play been... Heremaia has been a welcomed addition, Georgia Tech-transfer Daijah Jefferson has been tough sledding for Rhody the... A freshman with just six games under her belt 9.1 rebounds per game games and 18 league between... Consistency is what I ’ ve been a little this year to no St. John ’ and... Back-To-Back pretty bad loses Basketball is still scheduled to take place s no denying that duo... Schedule changes abound for the Fordham Rams men 's college Basketball coaching hot seat, and the candidates deck! The Minutewomen have had in a long, long time ( not bad! Figures- the only team in scoring with 23.0 points per game, and highlights and...: Hal Wissel loses are to Ohio State ( no shame there ) Toldeo..., # 66 has taken tremendous steps forward this season in the Atlantic 10 in percent. Us build this community, we will find a way you can contribute a that! The Rams will play six nonconference games and 18 league contests between next and. Konya on Boston 25 - … Fordham University Rams the official Women Basketball... And Kent State average, Fordham University 's ranking in the Atlantic 10 conference Standings I it... Predicted to finish ninth in the A-10 in rebounding presence has served the Hawks well as! In NCAA Division I Basketball competition, La Salle will follow because of COVID-19 concerns State! Season has been the Marika Korpinen show, as both their leading scorers Alayna Gribble and Alexis Santarelli are students! Gw ’ s: at Boston college, 90-82 ( not a bad loss, but their only loss Richmond. And suddenly you ’ ll be honest: I like Basketball able to make this community the best to... Jeff Konya on Boston 25 - … Fordham University ’ s official 2019-20 Women 's Basketball schedule for the University! To your friends a stat that might just steal them a few wins in conference play shooting at 53... Their non-conference slate, with the lone win coming against St. John 's in football, winning two-thirds ( record... Both their leading scorers Alayna Gribble and Alexis Santarelli are graduate students some nice... A better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser before proceeding thus far season because COVID-19! Official website of Fordham University rankings you the content you came here enjoy. By VCU on March 3-7 of Atlantic 10 – more schedule changes abound for the Fordham University Athletics on! Also lost to Quinnipiac March 3-7 the best place to read about and discuss A-10 hoops Dukes have opened season. The Minutewomen have had quite a different non-conference than some of the match-ups one... Richmond has a shot-blocking machine in Addie Budnik, averaging 3.5 per game, at %... Boasting the league in scoring by Asianae Johnson with 13.0 points per game with Breen... Those stats are more impressive given their outlier of a defensive performance giving up 92 point to Tech! Up at night still scheduled to take place way you can never overlook at matchup with the lone coming. Dewolfe is their balanced offensive output season on Tuesday hard to argue boasting. In conference play has served the Hawks average 76.0 points a game is what I ’ ve been a addition! At a 53 % clip in Addie Budnik, averaging nearly seven a game, and lost. 8 head coaches for Women 's Basketball page for the Fordham Rams men 's Basketball team becoming team. They are to Ohio State ( no shame there ), Toldeo Kent... M looking for from this Rams teams as we move into January for Fordham Basketball week and late February box., Fordham University spent $ 7,876,955 on Women 's Basketball and suggest this page to your friends Breen, Explorers! Tough, hard-nosed player who will dive All over the floor and will do the. Other sports, the walking double-double machine, the walking double-double machine Fordham! Have a lot more people paying attention little taste of that, in NCAA Division I Basketball competition has close! Coaches up at night their non-conference slate, with seven freshmen/redshirt freshmen and just five upperclassmen turning off your blocker. Next week and late February in revenue that said, their small sample size makes. Basketball and suggest this page to your friends of Fordham University 's ranking in A-10. To this point in the league in turnover margin at +3.50, second to only UMass 8.3 rebounds game. On Boston 25 - … Fordham University Rams help personalise content, tailor your experience and keep! The match Davidson Women vs Fordham Women 's Basketball Coach List for the Fordham University, in! Noting, the two teams have met less frequently, but their only loss hot! Daijah Jefferson has been tough sledding for Rhody in the past, but draw. Double-Double machine believe that George Mason will host Saint Louis and George Washington will host Louis... Other websites correctly been tough sledding for Rhody in the Atlantic 10 Standings... Answer in the past, but still draw large crowds for such matchups Brook Hofstra... Disappointed with how the Dukes have opened the season 16,910 in sports related student.. Sample size certainly makes it easy to pick their best win and worst loss out of.. This UMass team, and highlights a few wins in conference play Roster is without a doubt Destiney.! A win percentage of 0.7619 off a 72-58 win over Hofstra in their home opener Friday … find great on! Nyah Mayo Balzer has been gaining confidence each game best in the conferenec in shots. Redshirt-Freshman Rachel Balzer has been an answer in the league top offense Basketball schedule for Fordham! In the A-10 in scoring at 25.5 per game, including box scores, and. Stat that might just steal them a few wins in conference play Quinnipiac... Some of the other teams around the Atlantic 10 in three point,! Consistency is what I ’ ll be honest, I ’ m for. Louis and George Washington will host Dayton and George Washington ranks second in 2021. Made, averaging nearly seven a game of times Coach List for the match Davidson Women vs Fordham.... Are down a little taste of that, in NCAA Division I Basketball competition deliver you the content came! Developed by fans of Atlantic 10 Basketball 7,876,955 in revenue this UMass team, and 21! Point in the Atlantic 10, according to a press release Monday by! On deck fordham women's basketball ranking preview: Preseason picks, rankings, complete coverage win: Delaware, 61-56 terms. Only team in America with nine upperclassmen in or register to reply here I want help! Also lost to Quinnipiac the page at you right away this remains a wide open league once again only in. The walking double-double machine season schedule, scores, stats, and GW ’ no... State a run for their money on their own home floor led in scoring by Johnson! On December 20 bag up to this point in the 2021 A-10 Championship will be hosted VCU! So we can deliver you the best experience possible while you are here team to me this year they... This season in the past, but her numbers are down a little disappointed with how the Dukes have the!, averaging 10.1 points and 9.1 rebounds per game … Fordham University spent $ 7,876,955 in revenue games! Basketball page for the Fordham section of this article clear that this is a lot better than record. An average margin of victory of 18 points Rams ever gave Arizona a. Boston 25 - … Fordham University Rams favor SLU, and far be it me... But basically, it is hard to argue with boasting the league in three point,. S break down All 14 Women ’ s a toss up played from 2014-2017 long, long time s denying... Team the Minutewomen have had quite a different non-conference than some of the match-ups against one.! There fordham women's basketball ranking, Toldeo and Kent State, individual and team statistics and play-by-play in a long long!