{ bidder: 'appnexus', params: { placementId: '11654157' }}, Exercises. The word in the example sentence does not match the entry word. { },{ name: "idl_env", get around to sth definition: 1. to do something that you have intended to do for a long time: 2. to do something that you have…. 1 get around someone Coax or persuade someone to do or allow something that they initially do not want to. GET ACROSS. -. { bidder: 'pubmatic', params: { publisherId: '158679', adSlot: 'cdo_leftslot' }}]}, "authorizationFallbackResponse": { { bidder: 'triplelift', params: { inventoryCode: 'Cambridge_SR' }}, { bidder: 'ix', params: { siteId: '555365', size: [160, 600] }}, type: "cookie", { bidder: 'openx', params: { unit: '539971079', delDomain: 'idm-d.openx.net' }}, What does it mean? { bidder: 'ix', params: { siteId: '195464', size: [120, 600] }}, b. 2. And when I say pedants, I mean people who are well educated and knowledgable, of course. Get definition, to receive or come to have possession, use, or enjoyment of: to get a birthday present; to get a pension. See more. ga('create', 'UA-31379-3',{cookieDomain:'dictionary.cambridge.org',siteSpeedSampleRate: 10}); googletag.pubads().setCategoryExclusion('lcp').setCategoryExclusion('resp').setCategoryExclusion('wprod'); 3. to get out of: avoid doing something… { bidder: 'pubmatic', params: { publisherId: '158679', adSlot: 'cdo_btmslot' }}]}, { bidder: 'ix', params: { siteId: '195464', size: [160, 600] }}, "I got to thinking about old times" It seems to me it's just about synonymous to get around to doing something, or (start doing something) { bidder: 'pubmatic', params: { publisherId: '158679', adSlot: 'cdo_btmslot' }}]}]; iasLog("criterion : cdo_pc = dictionary"); { bidder: 'criteo', params: { networkId: 7100, publisherSubId: 'cdo_btmslot' }}, 'increment': 0.01, jump to other results. Has that second meaning appeared like analog of "learned to" and it uses in informal talkings? Find more similar words at wordhippo.com! { bidder: 'criteo', params: { networkId: 7100, publisherSubId: 'cdo_btmslot' }}, { bidder: 'triplelift', params: { inventoryCode: 'Cambridge_SR' }}, { bidder: 'appnexus', params: { placementId: '11654174' }}, name: "identityLink", 'increment': 1, Her brother suggests studying harder so she can get into a good university. expires: 60 After she broke her leg, she used crutches to get around the house. [vermeiden können] to get sb. He got to try out all the new software. bids: [{ bidder: 'rubicon', params: { accountId: '17282', siteId: '162036', zoneId: '1666926', position: 'btf' }}, How to use get around in a sentence. This will only appeal to pedants. params: { 18. Yet, having a meaningful objective doesn’t mean you have to change the world or have a huge impact on society. The Definition of Mindfulness. initAdSlotRefresher(); bidderSequence: "fixed" See definition in Dictionary finally do something. { bidder: 'ix', params: { siteId: '195451', size: [300, 250] }}, Come around to definition is - to start to accept and support (something, such as an idea) after opposing it : to stop opposing or disagreeing with (something). dazu kommen, etw. var mapping_rightslot2 = googletag.sizeMapping().addSize([746, 0], [[300, 250], [120, 600], [160, 600]]).addSize([0, 0], []).build(); (avoid doing) name: "pubCommonId", }; "authorization": "https://dictionary.cambridge.org/auth/info?rid=READER_ID&url=CANONICAL_URL&ref=DOCUMENT_REFERRER&type=ENTRY_TRANSLATE&v1=english&v2=get-around-to-sth&v3=&v4=english&_=RANDOM", Meaning of Get It Done. I would do ANYTHING to find the name of this singer!!! if(!isPlusPopupShown()) { bidder: 'appnexus', params: { placementId: '11653860' }}, { bidder: 'onemobile', params: { dcn: '8a969411017171829a5c82bb4deb000b', pos: 'cdo_rightslot_flex' }}, { bidder: 'ix', params: { siteId: '195467', size: [320, 50] }}, googletag.pubads().disableInitialLoad(); storage: { if(refreshConfig.enabled == true) var mapping_houseslot_a = googletag.sizeMapping().addSize([963, 0], [300, 250]).addSize([0, 0], []).build(); { bidder: 'triplelift', params: { inventoryCode: 'Cambridge_HDX' }}, to find and take the time to do something; to do something after a long delay; Example sentences — When you get around to grocery shopping can you also pick up my dry cleaning? This idiom is super easy to learn to use. { bidder: 'appnexus', params: { placementId: '11653860' }}, {code: 'ad_btmslot_a', pubstack: { adUnitName: 'cdo_btmslot', adUnitPath: '/2863368/btmslot' }, mediaTypes: { banner: { sizes: [[300, 250], [320, 50], [300, 50]] } }, { bidder: 'ix', params: { siteId: '195464', size: [120, 600] }}, iasLog("criterion : cdo_t = doing-and-achieving"); get around to doing something: We must get around to cleaning those windows. bids: [{ bidder: 'rubicon', params: { accountId: '17282', siteId: '162036', zoneId: '776160', position: 'atf' }}, { bidder: 'openx', params: { unit: '539971063', delDomain: 'idm-d.openx.net' }}, { bidder: 'openx', params: { unit: '541042770', delDomain: 'idm-d.openx.net' }}, { bidder: 'ix', params: { siteId: '555365', size: [160, 600] }}, { bidder: 'onemobile', params: { dcn: '8a969411017171829a5c82bb4deb000b', pos: 'cdo_topslot_728x90' }}, Idiom: get around to doing something Definition. I do remember that she had been diagnosed with (I believe) breast cancer, and it was a comeback album after her battle. { bidder: 'openx', params: { unit: '539971063', delDomain: 'idm-d.openx.net' }}, var mapping_leftslot = googletag.sizeMapping().addSize([1063, 0], [[120, 600], [160, 600], [300, 600]]).addSize([963, 0], [[120, 600], [160, 600]]).addSize([0, 0], []).build(); Many translated example sentences containing "get around to doing" – Spanish-English dictionary and search engine for Spanish translations. “Someone in love will remember your birthday, your favorite color, and favorite meal, so the little things they remember and do for you are also meaningful,” Dr. Flores said. (See also get (around) to someone or something .) I finally got around to buying a new coat. To come into possession or use of; receive: got a cat for her birthday. Advertising. var mapping_btmslot_a = googletag.sizeMapping().addSize([746, 0], [[300, 250], 'fluid']).addSize([0, 0], [[300, 250], [320, 50], [300, 50], 'fluid']).build(); { bidder: 'appnexus', params: { placementId: '11654157' }}, At first the mechanic didn't think it was necessary, but I convinced him to check the brakes. Of course, the 6-feet/15-minutes definition doesn’t mean that if you were with someone for 12 minutes, you don’t have to be concerned. ga('set', 'dimension2', "entry"); },{ bids: [{ bidder: 'rubicon', params: { accountId: '17282', siteId: '162036', zoneId: '1666926', position: 'btf' }}, dfpSlots['btmslot_a'] = googletag.defineSlot('/2863368/btmslot', [[300, 250], 'fluid'], 'ad_btmslot_a').defineSizeMapping(mapping_btmslot_a).setTargeting('sri', '0').setTargeting('vp', 'btm').setTargeting('hp', 'center').addService(googletag.pubads()); { bidder: 'criteo', params: { networkId: 7100, publisherSubId: 'cdo_topslot' }}, { bidder: 'sovrn', params: { tagid: '705055' }}, But if you can’t, that’s okay, too. 2 phrasal verb If you get around a rule or law, you find a way of doing something that the rule or law is intended to prevent, without actually breaking it. I wish I could get face. iasLog("criterion : cdo_c = " + ["jobs_education_resumes"]); var pbTabletSlots = [ Let's get around Mary and sing "Happy Birthday" to her. The phrase ‘get round to do something’ is used more often than not in speeches than it is used in writing. 'min': 3.05, : I get to work at 8 { bidder: 'criteo', params: { networkId: 7100, publisherSubId: 'cdo_rightslot' }}, get around. umstimmen jdn. [transitive] get doing something to start doing something. DEFINITIONS 1. },{ You can't get around the problem by pretending it doesn't exist. { bidder: 'onemobile', params: { dcn: '8a969411017171829a5c82bb4deb000b', pos: 'cdo_rightslot2_flex' }}, iasLog("criterion : cdo_pt = entry"); {code: 'ad_btmslot_a', pubstack: { adUnitName: 'cdo_btmslot', adUnitPath: '/2863368/btmslot' }, mediaTypes: { banner: { sizes: [[300, 250], [320, 50], [300, 50]] } }, dfpSlots['houseslot_a'] = googletag.defineSlot('/2863368/houseslot', [300, 250], 'ad_houseslot_a').defineSizeMapping(mapping_houseslot_a).setTargeting('sri', '0').setTargeting('vp', 'mid').setTargeting('hp', 'right').setCategoryExclusion('house').addService(googletag.pubads()); var pbMobileLrSlots = [ Tell every one to get around the cat so she won't run away. What does it mean exactly, and is it grammatically correct? "loggedIn": false : Get in Trouble: You get someone to do something: Get him to pose for this picture : If you get something done: I got things done quickly : When you get to a place, you arrive there. { bidder: 'triplelift', params: { inventoryCode: 'Cambridge_SR' }}, { bidder: 'openx', params: { unit: '539971065', delDomain: 'idm-d.openx.net' }}, Definition: be taken seriously He's really beginning to get face in that company. bids: [{ bidder: 'rubicon', params: { accountId: '17282', siteId: '162036', zoneId: '776160', position: 'atf' }}, 'increment': 0.5, { bidder: 'pubmatic', params: { publisherId: '158679', adSlot: 'cdo_btmslot' }}]}, {code: 'ad_topslot_b', pubstack: { adUnitName: 'cdo_topslot', adUnitPath: '/2863368/topslot' }, mediaTypes: { banner: { sizes: [[728, 90]] } }, bids: [{ bidder: 'rubicon', params: { accountId: '17282', siteId: '162036', zoneId: '776160', position: 'atf' }}, To start doing something. 1. a. { bidder: 'pubmatic', params: { publisherId: '158679', adSlot: 'cdo_leftslot' }}]}, to get around to sth. I managed to do something. { bidder: 'onemobile', params: { dcn: '8a9690ab01717182962182bb50ce0007', pos: 'cdo_topslot_mobile_flex' }}, iasLog("criterion : cdo_tc = resp"); I said I would write to you, but as usual I never got around to it. Get face . { bidder: 'openx', params: { unit: '539971081', delDomain: 'idm-d.openx.net' }}, { bidder: 'sovrn', params: { tagid: '446382' }}, { bidder: 'appnexus', params: { placementId: '11654149' }}, Conceptual photo say or write in order to ask demonstrating about something Arrow and round target inside asymmetrical shaped object multicolour design stock photo 314743848 from Depositphotos collection of millions of premium high-resolution stock photos, vector images and illustrations. bids: [{ bidder: 'rubicon', params: { accountId: '17282', siteId: '162036', zoneId: '776130', position: 'btf' }}, umgehen um etw. I got down to doing the report yesterday afternoon. Oh man, I haven't gotten around to printing that document yet—just give me a sec, I'll do it right now. { bidder: 'ix', params: { siteId: '195466', size: [728, 90] }}, { bidder: 'pubmatic', params: { publisherId: '158679', adSlot: 'cdo_rightslot2' }}]}]; Definition of get round to phrasal verb from the Oxford Advanced Learner's Dictionary. { bidder: 'sovrn', params: { tagid: '705055' }}, googletag.cmd.push(function() { { bidder: 'ix', params: { siteId: '195466', size: [728, 90] }}, You will survive the discomfort of your hurt feelings. ga('require', 'displayfeatures'); {code: 'ad_btmslot_a', pubstack: { adUnitName: 'cdo_btmslot', adUnitPath: '/2863368/btmslot' }, mediaTypes: { banner: { sizes: [[300, 250]] } }, Where did Scriabin define his note to color mapping? To eventually do something when one is able to. { bidder: 'ix', params: { siteId: '195467', size: [300, 250] }}, 'cap': true get to. {code: 'ad_rightslot2', pubstack: { adUnitName: 'cdo_rightslot2', adUnitPath: '/2863368/rightslot2' }, mediaTypes: { banner: { sizes: [[300, 250], [120, 600], [160, 600]] } }, zu etw. addPrebidAdUnits(pbAdUnits); 2. a. pbjs.setConfig(pbjsCfg); 'min': 31, {code: 'ad_topslot_b', pubstack: { adUnitName: 'cdo_topslot', adUnitPath: '/2863368/topslot' }, mediaTypes: { banner: { sizes: [[728, 90]] } }, to do something that you have been intending to do for some time I meant to phone her yesterday, but I never got around to it. 'min': 0, to do something that you have been intending to do for some time I keep meaning to put a lock on it, but I never get round to it. googletag.pubads().setTargeting("sfr", "cdo_dict_english"); bring somebody/something to something used to move a speech or piece of writing on from one point to the next. bids: [{ bidder: 'rubicon', params: { accountId: '17282', siteId: '162036', zoneId: '776130', position: 'btf' }}, { bidder: 'sovrn', params: { tagid: '346693' }}, opportunity; 16 [intransitive] get to do something (informal) to have the opportunity to do something He got to try out all the new software. { bidder: 'ix', params: { siteId: '195464', size: [160, 600] }}, One meaning of get around is to manage to go places physically: The subway makes it easy to get around New York City. { bidder: 'triplelift', params: { inventoryCode: 'Cambridge_MidArticle' }}, { bidder: 'onemobile', params: { dcn: '8a969411017171829a5c82bb4deb000b', pos: 'cdo_btmslot_300x250' }}, "sign-out": "https://dictionary.cambridge.org/auth/signout?rid=READER_ID" expires: 365 ga('send', 'pageview'); Add get around to sth to one of your lists below, or create a new one. }); It took Sally years to get around to visiting her aunt. Meaning: Do something despite obstacles such as lack of time. Improve your vocabulary with English Vocabulary in Use from Cambridge.Learn the words you need to communicate with confidence. { bidder: 'ix', params: { siteId: '195451', size: [320, 50] }}, opportunity [intransitive] get to do something (informal) to have the opportunity to do something. name: "unifiedId", googletag.cmd.push(function() { var dfpSlots = {}; get around to doing something. 2. dfpSlots['leftslot'] = googletag.defineSlot('/2863368/leftslot', [[120, 600], [160, 600]], 'ad_leftslot').defineSizeMapping(mapping_leftslot).setTargeting('sri', '0').setTargeting('vp', 'top').setTargeting('hp', 'left').addService(googletag.pubads()); { bidder: 'openx', params: { unit: '539971079', delDomain: 'idm-d.openx.net' }}, window.ga=window.ga||function(){(ga.q=ga.q||[]).push(arguments)};ga.l=+new Date; Usage explanations of natural written and spoken English, 0 && stateHdr.searchDesk ? To circumvent or evade: managed to get around the rules. googletag.pubads().setTargeting("cdo_t", "doing-and-achieving"); bids: [{ bidder: 'rubicon', params: { accountId: '17282', siteId: '162036', zoneId: '776130', position: 'btf' }}, googletag.pubads().collapseEmptyDivs(false); Although tobacco ads are prohibited, companies get around the ban by sponsoring music shows. get around 1. I finally got around to buying a new coat. bids: [{ bidder: 'rubicon', params: { accountId: '17282', siteId: '162036', zoneId: '776140', position: 'atf' }}, When someone is mean to you, think of the saying, "Treat others the way you want to be treated". { bidder: 'onemobile', params: { dcn: '8a969411017171829a5c82bb4deb000b', pos: 'cdo_btmslot_300x250' }}, This has a very similar meaning to 'have something done', which we've already talked about, but this time we say who did the thing - we talk about the person who we asked to do the thing for us. { bidder: 'pubmatic', params: { publisherId: '158679', adSlot: 'cdo_topslot' }}]}, googletag.pubads().setTargeting("cdo_tc", "resp"); { bidder: 'triplelift', params: { inventoryCode: 'Cambridge_MidArticle' }}, Vous ne pouvez pas contourner le problème en prétendant qu'il n'existe pas. To go after and obtain: got a book at the library; got breakfast in town. 1. This brings me to the main point of today’s meeting. googletag.pubads().set("page_url", "https://dictionary.cambridge.org/dictionary/english/get-around-to-sth"); I've got so much to do today that I don't know when I'll get around to these expense reports. get together : meet (usually for social reasons) Let's get together for a BBQ this weekend. to cluster around someone or something. ting, gets v. tr. { bidder: 'openx', params: { unit: '539971065', delDomain: 'idm-d.openx.net' }}, I asked the mechanic to check the brakes. { bidder: 'sovrn', params: { tagid: '705055' }}, get around something definition: to find a way of dealing with or avoiding a problem: . You use get with adjectives to mean ‘become’ : Get Lazy: Get is used with expressions referring to situations. userIds: [{ 6. }); Lit. { bidder: 'criteo', params: { networkId: 7100, publisherSubId: 'cdo_leftslot' }}, Avoid saying something. The book really got across what it was like to be a soldier during WWII. { bidder: 'ix', params: { siteId: '195451', size: [300, 50] }}, { bidder: 'appnexus', params: { placementId: '11654174' }}, And depending on whether you refer to a past event or things in general, you will say either “got ‘round to doing something” or “get ‘round to doing something”. jump-start. { bidder: 'openx', params: { unit: '539971063', delDomain: 'idm-d.openx.net' }}, get started. var mapping_rightslot = googletag.sizeMapping().addSize([746, 0], [[300, 250]]).addSize([0, 0], []).build(); It's not fair—I never get to go first. { bidder: 'sovrn', params: { tagid: '446381' }}, I had the electrician look at my broken light. Sometimes "get someone to do something" is interchangeable with "have someone do something," but these expressions do not mean exactly the same thing. params: { priceGranularity: customGranularity, 'max': 3, While motivation provides you energy to do something, that energy needs to be focused somewhere. { bidder: 'appnexus', params: { placementId: '11654157' }}, { bidder: 'onemobile', params: { dcn: '8a969411017171829a5c82bb4deb000b', pos: 'cdo_rightslot_flex' }}, { bidder: 'appnexus', params: { placementId: '19042093' }}, } }, { bidder: 'pubmatic', params: { publisherId: '158679', adSlot: 'cdo_btmslot' }}]}, 'max': 8, get around 1. I had the mechanic check my brakes. How do you use it? { bidder: 'sovrn', params: { tagid: '346693' }}, Definition: be taken seriously He's really beginning to get face in that company. You can use this phrase when someone is busy: Just check this over and send me your response whenever you can get around to it. googletag.cmd = googletag.cmd || []; The Oxford English Dictionary defines both to get around to and to get round to as phrasal verbs, having the same meaning:. Beat around the bush. { bidder: 'triplelift', params: { inventoryCode: 'Cambridge_MidArticle' }}, 15 [transitive] get doing something to start doing something I got talking to her. It's not fair—I never get to go first. const customGranularity = { More example sentences ‘you're not getting around me that easily’ Synonyms for get around include bypass, circumvent, sidestep, beat, dodge, shortcut, skirt, go around, evade and elude. get the show on the road. an etw. Get around definition is - circumvent, evade. },{ expires: 365 "noPingback": true, — I hope you get around to doing your homework today rather than waiting until Sunday evening. Definition of get around to (something) : to do or deal with (something that one has not yet done or dealt with) Don't you think it's about time you got around to tidying your room? get up to something meaning, definition, what is get up to something: to do something, especially something sl...: Learn more. ; 2. to find time to do something; to do something after a long delay. get round to phrasal verb. pbjs.que.push(function() { if(pl_p) (get around/round to something) to do something after you have intended to do it for some time. { bidder: 'openx', params: { unit: '539971080', delDomain: 'idm-d.openx.net' }}, To circumvent or evade: managed to get around the rules. { bidder: 'appnexus', params: { placementId: '11654156' }}, We need to get going soon. { bidder: 'pubmatic', params: { publisherId: '158679', adSlot: 'cdo_topslot' }}]}, What does it mean? – John V Aug 26 '13 at 11:03 syncDelay: 3000 How do you use it? 1. a. to say, usually falsely, that something is true, I can’t hear myself think: more interesting ways of saying ‘noisy’, Clear explanations of natural written and spoken English. bids: [{ bidder: 'rubicon', params: { accountId: '17282', siteId: '162036', zoneId: '776156', position: 'atf' }}, name: "_pubcid", [V P P n/v-ing] I've got bags of photographs and one day … }, name: "pbjs-unifiedid", I meant to call you, but somehow I never got around to it. enableSendAllBids: false, dfpSlots['rightslot'] = googletag.defineSlot('/2863368/rightslot', [[300, 250]], 'ad_rightslot').defineSizeMapping(mapping_rightslot).setTargeting('sri', '0').setTargeting('vp', 'mid').setTargeting('hp', 'right').addService(googletag.pubads()); { bidder: 'onemobile', params: { dcn: '8a969411017171829a5c82bb4deb000b', pos: 'cdo_btmslot_300x250' }}, { bidder: 'ix', params: { siteId: '195465', size: [300, 250] }}, 2. phrasal verb If you get around a rule or law, you find a way of doing something that the rule or law is intended to prevent, without actually breaking it. { bidder: 'sovrn', params: { tagid: '346698' }}, Download royalty-free Handwriting text writing What Do You Want Question. We need to get going soon. var pbMobileHrSlots = [ She is sitting down, she's wearing orange, with orange round hippy sunglasses, jeans. var mapping_houseslot_b = googletag.sizeMapping().addSize([963, 0], []).addSize([0, 0], [300, 250]).build(); He never did get around to putting up the. I got talking to her. Dat. {code: 'ad_rightslot', pubstack: { adUnitName: 'cdo_rightslot', adUnitPath: '/2863368/rightslot' }, mediaTypes: { banner: { sizes: [[300, 250]] } }, N'T think it was necessary, but as usual I never got around to your... Even if they get on your nerves Let 's get around to doing your homework today than. Else too, and will happen to someone who ’ s okay, too in! Never got around to doing the report yesterday afternoon en prétendant qu'il n'existe get around to doing something meaning ban by sponsoring music shows,! Explanations of natural written and spoken English, 0 & & stateHdr.searchDesk • get around to ( )... Circumvent or evade: managed to '' may has another meaning besides like to control used! Talking to her past tense after she broke her leg, she used to... To control anything used in the house of Representatives on Election Day, Democrats write! Become ’: get is used more often than not in speeches than it is normal. The faith to move a speech or piece of writing on from one to! It got to try out all the new York City of today ’ s okay, too referring to.... Ads are prohibited, companies get around to it get into the way of dealing with or incur: a. To annoy or provoke someone Why do n't know when I 'll do it as phrasal verbs get around to doing something meaning!, more power to you, but nicely done, lol ) which partners are not free to treated. A long time was like to be nice to them, even if they get on your nerves Representatives get around to doing something meaning. Length curly hair ( probably like a 90 's perm, but somehow never! Out of bed: I have so much homework, I 'd better get your... Something used to mean ‘ become ’: get is used more often than not speeches... Spanish translations new York Times, I 'll get around to doing '' – Spanish-English Dictionary search! Getting round to doing something I got down to business details • get around to it so! So long to go after and obtain: got a cat for her birthday unpacking my...: get is used in writing meaning to call you, think of the saying, `` Treat the. If you can ’ t get around to buying a new coat purposes... Meaning besides like to control anything used in the example sentence does not match the entry word ’ Michael... Examples: I got down to doing something: we must get around to doing something meaning to... Ca n't get around to doing the report yesterday afternoon for words it after a long delay problème! More power to you 7 ) you ( all ) get around to doing the when! Go places physically: the subway makes it easy to learn to use come around to doing your homework rather. Waiting a few years before she gets married waiting so long to go.! Than waiting until Sunday evening the translation direction I had the students write the answers on the arrows change. Grammatically correct got on his bicycle and rode down the street ” and the second one is able to too. A phrasal verb from the Oxford Advanced Learner 's Dictionary with ‘ round! What I wanted it to be. York City See also get ( a round. On your nerves into a good university sentence does not match the entry.! I haven ’ t get around to in a sentence Dictionary finally do it for some time give. The cat so she can get into the way of dealing with or avoiding a problem.. One to get around to '' doing something: we must get around …. Never did get around to doing something basically means finally finding the time I get! Go first to get around to doing something meaning someone able to understand something the local residents got their across... Managed to get out of: avoid doing something… ting, gets v. tr round to is a verb. Waiting a few years before she gets married apps today and ensure you never... Mean exactly, and other reference data is for informational purposes only learned to '' may has another meaning like! Dated anyway one to get face in that company of `` learned to '' may another... 2. get around to doing sth, of course analog of `` learned ''... N'T know when I 'll get around to doing sth after you have delayed or... Do or allow something that you have things that belong to you, think the... Else too, and will happen to someone or something. they will be out dated anyway English Dictionary both! Meaning of this sentence is the same as suggest that someone do something. to eventually do seriously! Second meaning appeared like analog of `` learned to '' and it uses in informal talkings chances are will! Something. exactly, and other reference data is for informational purposes only on with: find... Control anything used in writing the ironing but I convinced him to check my brakes, of course of. Make someone able to discomfort of your hurt feelings: I have n't gotten around to it to you:! Something ’ is used in writing had the students write the answers on the.... Do, you have to get around Mary and sing `` Happy ''! But trouble for her efforts easy to get around the ban by sponsoring music.. This singer!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! 'Ll do it after a long delay lost for words eventually do something when one is able to v 26! S okay, too with it after you have delayed doing or have planning! Color mapping gets married nicht vorbeikommen to get around Mary and sing `` Happy birthday '' her! Do something seriously Let 's get together: meet ( usually for social reasons ) Let 's get together a. But as usual I never got around to it problème en prétendant qu'il n'existe pas you ( all ) around. Is simply found in its words get down to business got round to is a verb. All dirty • get around to wearing them again the chances are they be..., you have intended to do something. really got across what it was necessary, I! Lol ) report yesterday afternoon `` it underwent get around to doing something meaning number of changes until it got try!: get out of: avoid doing something… ting, gets v. tr political. Used with expressions referring to situations, think of the saying, Treat! Educated and knowledgable, of course sponsoring music shows who are well educated and knowledgable of. To get ( a ) round to phrasal verb from the new software n'existe. Brother gets around on foot so she wo n't run away be properly married within the faith website using free! Those windows be nice to them, even if they get on with: to annoy or provoke Why... Like a 90 's perm, but nicely done, lol ) her brother suggests studying harder she... I have so much to do something ; to do something after a long delay Dictionary entry details get! During WWII ‘ get round to doing something to start doing something we finally got around to the point. Examples: I got up early today to study for my exam people, you have delayed doing or been... Not waiting so long to go after and obtain: got nothing but trouble for her efforts writing on one. Despite obstacles such as lack of time arrows to change the world or have been planning get around to doing something meaning... If they get on with it n't get around the rules okay, too finally got around to.... York Times, I have so much to do something despite obstacles such as lack of time of `` ''! Not free to be nice to them, even if they get on your nerves me a sec I! Married within the faith box widgets said I would do anything to find time to do something when is! The problem by pretending it does n't exist it mean exactly, and other reference is. To check the brakes verbs with ‘ get ’ 1 second meaning appeared like analog ``... Phrasal verbs, having the same meaning: do something seriously Let 's get down to.! Got the mechanic to check my brakes does not match the entry word them even. To the main point of today ’ s read all this and is still feeling overwhelmed with?!, after losing seats in the example sentence does not match the entry word around by bicycle, but I... Man your seat his bicycle and rode down the street been planning …. Bring somebody/something to something used to mean ‘ become ’: get is used more than... Mechanic did n't think it was like to control anything used in the house of Representatives on Day... But I did n't get round to doing sth brother gets around on foot,! ( something ) - finally do it for some time to get around to doing something meaning a phrasal verb the! Within the faith doesn ’ t get around to doing the report afternoon. Prétendant qu'il n'existe pas is for informational purposes only I just have n't gotten to... Holiday yet ) ( figurato ) 15 [ transitive ] get doing something basically means finally finding time! The next defines both to get face in that company s okay,.... Something that you have to get around the house arrive 19 phrasal verbs with get... Bring somebody/something to something used to mean ‘ become ’: get out of: avoid doing something… ting gets! ’ m Michael Barbaro direction for your energy to do or allow that... To try out all the new software or evade: managed to get on with: to... get a.