Despite not having preservatives it keeps well (it's already fermented, so what can happen to it?). Hikari Shinshu White Miso, 400 g . I am not a connoisseur of miso though, only simple pleasure in miso at sushi restaurants. Japan's #1 brand of organic miso, and the best tasting on earth. This is an excellent red miso--great that it is also organic and GMO free. This item was delicious, mild flavor, slightly cloudy broth. Hikari red miso is the real deal. I'm sure you can come up with much more. This miso has a great funky flavor, almost like the umami flavor of super-sharp cheddar. This is the first time I have bought miso paste. We made a "Red Miso Porterhouse" also "Red Miso Roasted Cauliflower" Yummy. No cholesterol. Each of our Hikari Miso natural and organic products brings you vitality in every sip and bite. All Natural Miso paste is currently available in select stores only. Hikari Miso was established in 1936 in the Shinshu region of Japan, which has been known to offer the perfect environment for producing high quality miso. 5 / 5. This is an excellent red miso--great that it is also organic and GMO free. Family owned and operated since 1936. I like the taste of it so well, I lick it from the spoon after adding it to my casserole. You can still see all customer reviews for the product. Those miso paste brands are all tasty, handly in many circumstances, and easy to buy. I have been buying this product for years. It has about 12 packs per product which will make a mug of soup each. I recommend! I'm not a miso expert by any means but I've been cooking more Asian cuisine at home these days. After viewing product detail pages, look here to find an easy way to navigate back to pages you are interested in. Delivery to UK, EU, and USA* only. • Take dashi mixture off heat, add miso mixture and stir well. From well-known Japanese kitchen staples from rice and noodles, to freshly baked goods, matcha and sake, shop from Japan Centre’s extraordinary range of over 3,000 different products on the UK's favourite Japanese food site. After viewing product detail pages, look here to find an easy way to navigate back to pages that interest you. This is a genuine Amazon review, giving my review for Hikari Organic White Miso Paste 500 grams. I have been making my own Miso Paste, and was extremely reluctant to try a prepared version. This tan-colored organic miso paste comes in a half … I have been eating various brands of Miso for over 45 years. Insist on authentic organic Hikari miso from the Japanese Alps every time. You can edit your question or post anyway. I'll just point out, that I've never tried Miso Paste (or possibly even regular Miso) before trying this product. Or add some to chunks of cooked chicken to make a salad or wrap. In fact, I'm going to experiment with this and yeast flakes to see what cheesiness I can come up with. Very good product. This page works best with JavaScript. Reviewed in the United States on July 15, 2019. 2,544 global ratings | 756 global reviews. You can still see all customer reviews for the product. It ranks right up there with the very best misos I have ever eaten. It’s available in Costco in a 2-pack with 17.6 oz each. Hikari Organic Miso Paste. Just a tiny bit adds a lot of flavor to broth. If you know about miso, you add it to the end of your recipe, after it is cooked but ready to eat. After evaluating and analyzing in detail more than 7,814 customer satisfaction about Best Miso Paste Brand, we have come up with the top 10 products you may be interested in Best Miso Paste Brand.We have ranked the best brands from Artificial Intelligent and Big Data, as you see … I got it for a recipe and had to guess which color/flavor I would want to use for it (not knowing anything about Miso). Disabling it will result in some disabled or missing features. There's a problem loading this menu right now. Prime members enjoy Free Two-Day Shipping, Free Same-Day or One-Day Delivery to select areas, Prime Video, Prime Music, Prime Reading, and more. The package was broken and leaking when it arrived (thankfully it was in a plastic bag.) Insist on authentic organic Hikari miso … Tried it for my ginger miso apple cider vinegar sweet salad dressing, ended up having to add far more sugar than usual, but THEN it seemed as good if not better. Top subscription boxes – right to your door, See all details for Hikari Organic Miso Paste, Red, 17.6 oz, © 1996-2020, Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates. No mold or spoilage, and placing the miso in another container seems to have salvaged it. You simply squeeze the paste into your cup, add hot water and stir. Comes in a plastic container which says to keep refrigerated after opening. Makes a good miso soup. Put it together with some roasted cauliflower and sauteed kale for a real treat. Reviewed in the United States on March 30, 2017. To calculate the overall star rating and percentage breakdown by star, we don’t use a simple average. Serve immediately. Very good! Your recently viewed items and featured recommendations, Select the department you want to search in. I don’t know much about Miso. It has macro-biotics which are very good for our health. Hikari Reduced Salt Miso Paste - Mutenka Cup 16 x 750g Full Case ProductUpdates; The 10 Best Miso Paste Brand of October 2020; The 10 Best Miso Paste Brand of October 2020. Since it clearly wasnt refrigerated for shipping, and was now open, I tossed it. Hard to find miso locally so I am very happy I could get this and make a couple of great dishes. Out of Stock. Disabling it will result in some disabled or missing features. Placing faith in other reviewers advice for red paste, I am content with my selection. Reviewed in the United States on April 23, 2014. A collection of the best miso recipes straight from Japan! I started with miso soup, using the standard white miso paste I bought from an organic company (Westbrae) at Wegmans. Read honest and unbiased product reviews from our users. Box came smushed and with 2 little kids I didn't have the energy to deal with exchanging it, but the contents were fine and taste good. To make simple and tasty miso soup: • Bring 1L of water to the boil. A little goes a long way, because it is quite salty. Hikari Organic White Miso Paste has a wonderful taste. It can be hard to find miso of any kind, but particularly red miso, where I live. You can find those recipes online. Item number is 767351. Hikari Organic White Miso Review This is a white miso paste of Hikari Miso. • Mix 1/2 cup hot dashi broth mixture with 1/2 cup miso paste. It has a delicious miso flavour with the addition of some nori. Try a little mixed in with brown rice and tomatoes for a wonderfully-flavored vegan meal. £2.85. I've bought this several times. And I wanted it organic and with live culture. Used it to make vegan feta and it is so so good! Instead, our system considers things like how recent a review is and if the reviewer bought the item on Amazon. Get it today with Same Day Delivery, Order Pickup or Drive Up. Bring a subtle savoury flavour to your dishes with this mild white miso paste. The Hikari Miso Organic White Miso is: – Made of 100% Organic Rice & Soybeans – Additive free – Gluten Free – No GMOs – No MSG – Product of Japan. Reviewed in the United States on August 9, 2016. Reviewed in the United States on January 31, 2018. Read honest and unbiased product reviews from our users. One person found this helpful Find delicious miso and shio koji recipes, and recipes by world-famous chef Nobu Matsuhisa. But we were not at all disappointed in this miso.It has a richer flavor than the yellow miso. Still haven't gotten around to trying that recipe, so I can't say how well it works just yet, but I have tried this product. Hikari Organic Miso Paste, Product of Japan. Good quality, no preservatives, fine price. I've used it in everything from soups to salad dressings with good results. Expiration date on mine reads Feb-2-18. Also, the package said to keep it refrigerated. • … Read honest and unbiased product reviews from our users. I also bough the Clearspring Organic White Miso paste from Amazon, and after having tasted them both for two weeks, the Hikari Organic wins by far. Wow, the flavor is strong and very salty (in a good way, if you prefer that, like me). This, added to hot liquid, seems to take forever to begin to melt and mix in as compared to the aka I am used to. Prime members enjoy FREE Delivery and exclusive access to music, movies, TV shows, original audio series, and Kindle books. It also analyzes reviews to verify trustworthiness. A waste of money. Tasty miso, four stars. I'd buy it again. If you manage to make a nice dashi, adding this miso paste will really hit the spot in the mornings and be just the thing during afternoon slumps when you want to have a savoury snack. Reviewed in the United States on January 7, 2019. The 2-pack is priced at $6.69. Japan Centre offers the largest selection of authentic Japanese food, drink and lifestyle products in Europe. Find helpful customer reviews and review ratings for Hikari Organic White Miso Paste - 1 tub, 17.6 oz at Amazon.com. No trans fat. Your recently viewed items and featured recommendations, Select the department you want to search in. Free shipping on orders of $35+ from Target. Reviewed in the United States on December 12, 2015 This Miso Paste has the excellent rich depth of flavor, and the satisfying taste of your homemade version. Find helpful customer reviews and review ratings for Hikari Medium Sweet White Miso Paste 400 g (Pack of 5) at Amazon.com. It is super thick, too, and I wasn't aware that the 2 had different textures? Easy detailed instructions. Family owned in the Japanese Alps since 1936, in the most ideal environment in the world for natural fermentation. Folks who say "Yech" or other negative comments just don't seem to know much about miso and what it is supposed to taste like. The Asian store closest to me sometimes has it, but the price is the same as here and I like that this one is free of preservatives. Read reviews and buy Hikari Minute Miso - 10 oz at Target. Instead, our system considers things like how recent a review is and if the reviewer bought the item on Amazon. (Best White Miso) This white miso is made of USDA certified organic rice … Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question. We'll probably go back to the locally available organic yellow miso (when this runs out, which will be a while) since we can buy it for ten dollars less for the same weight. These are just a few of the ways I've tried it. Mix well until it becomes a smooth mixture. Reviewed in the United States on August 8, 2020. If you're into making Miso soups from scratch or simply want to add some additional flavor to the pre-packaged microwave soups, this product is what you need, Reviewed in the United States on March 20, 2015. Classic tofu and wakame seaweed miso soup, miso roast chicken, savory miso pot roast, honey grilled miso corn, sesame miso salad dressing and more. Best Miso Paste For Soup of November 2020: Comparisons, AI Consumer Report, and Reviews. Reviewed in the United States on April 6, 2017. This page works best with JavaScript. There are 25 calories in 3/4 tbsp (12 g) of Hikari Miso Miso Soup. Find out my list below: Best Overall: HIKARI Japan Organic 17.6 oz White Miso Paste The Red Miso is hard to find, so we resorted to trying to buy it on the Internet. OUT OF STOCK. Try grilled corn with honey miso butter, grilled vegetables with miso sauce, and more. It is completely natural with absolutely no additives—it’s naturally delicious! Minus one extra star for the damage when shipped in its own box, as the damage seems to partially be the fault of the brittle plastic container. Hikari Organic Instant Miso soup with Malted rice KOJI - 10 meals set of 4 tastes - Healthful Reduced-salt Miso soup with Chopsticks 4.3 out of 5 stars 64 $12.50 - $55.99 Minus one star for being pricey and Minus a second star for being made out of rice rather than Soy. Find helpful customer reviews and review ratings for Hikari Inaka Miso 400g at Amazon.com. Folks who say "Yech" or other negative comments just don't seem to know much about miso and what it is supposed to taste like. After evaluating and analyzing in detail more than 11,443 customer satisfaction about Best Miso Paste For Soup, we have come up with the top 10 products you may be interested in Best Miso Paste For Soup. Seeking a simple miso base for broth soups at lunch, without hassle of driving around town. As Miso goes, it's not bad. As such, I am not sure if I just don't like "red" as much, or if this brand is just very very strong. In 1988, we started manufacturing organic miso. Contact your local market to find out if they carry Marukome miso paste. Our All Natural Miso paste is made with only 4 ingredients: rice, soybeans, filtered water, and salt. Tend to be on the weak side. Discover the health benefits of traditional fermented miso, straight from the Japanese Alps. I’m just getting into Asian cooking. I'll be buying red miso from now on and find that it adds a good touch of flavor without needing to add extra salt to soups, stews, and noodle dishes. Just want you need for your red Miso soups, Reviewed in the United States on June 20, 2017, Most of the pre-packaged Miso soups that come with the flavoring packet just lack that extra oomph in flavor. Add 1 1/2 tsp of instant dashi granules. It ranks right up there with the very best misos I have ever eaten. Easy detailed instructions. Hikari Miso is a Japanese miso manufacturer which is focusing on selling organic miso paste overseas. I decided it was time to try stronger flavored red miso so I purchased this on Amazon. Get full nutrition facts for other Hikari Miso products and all your other favorite brands. Along with the red miso, I often see this product online in America. To calculate the overall star rating and percentage breakdown by star, we don’t use a simple average. I let my son test it, and he likes it too. Hikari red miso is the real deal. Authentic Miso is preferably made with soy. Hikari Organic Miso Paste, White $10 All of the chefs we spoke to say that white miso paste is a must-have for home cooking. Based on hundreds of years of Japanese miso making tradition, it's "Tradition You Taste." There are the best 15 miso paste brands that I find superior on the market. Cooking with Miso Miso is one of the oldest convenience foods. This is exactly the heart warming, savoury, deep flavour I was yearning for since our breakfasts in Japan. Have had it for well over a week and have used it pretty much daily and have hardly made a dent... so that's a definite justification for the cost. It also analyzes reviews to verify trustworthiness. Please make sure that you've entered a valid question. I wouldn't purchase this again. Package was slightly crushed and leaky, but the additional plastic wrapping was intact. Email me when back in stock Our best-selling white miso. Probably the way to go is to scoop the miso out of this container and put it in a more secure one, but I'm lazy. Very good flavour and quality. A great collection of traditional miso paste recipes for side dishes straight from Japan! © 2008-2020, Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates, Hikari Organic White Miso Paste - 1 tub, 17.6 oz, See all details for Hikari Organic White Miso Paste - 1 tub, 17.6 oz. Miso soup, of course, but there are dozens of ways to weave the umami of miso into your marinades, salad dressings, fun dips and […] This is my first foray into red, I usually buy light. It's not too salty either. So I bought this "paste" to add some "extra oomph" to the red Miso soups I enjoy. It's pretty good but I'm a salt fiend and the flavor was fairly mild and not very salty. Hikari Reduced Salt Miso Paste - Mutenka Cup 16 x 750g £63.99. Alternative for expensive restaurant miso, Reviewed in the United States on December 7, 2014. The Paste is very dense and heavy. Seems good but I have nothing with which to compare. The top tends to come off if it's jostled in the fridge, which is annoying. The one downside is that the plastic container it comes in isn't great for storing it. It doesn't have the strongest flavor, but it's very pleasant. 15 reviews. Centuries old in tradition, Hikari Miso products make food sing in your modern kitchen, even if it’s at your office. Fast, FREE delivery, video streaming, music, and much more. United States on January 7, 2019 paste, I am very happy I get! Sip and bite August 8, 2020 Delivery and exclusive access to music, movies, TV shows, audio. Or wrap tradition, it 's very pleasant miso has a richer flavor than the yellow miso unbiased product from. Form of a question other Hikari miso natural and organic products brings you vitality in every sip and.. Out of rice rather than Soy loading this menu right now Japanese Alps since 1936, the! Online in America product for years reviewed in the United States on April 23, 2014, almost the! Hot dashi broth mixture with 1/2 cup hot dashi broth mixture with 1/2 cup miso paste series, and the... Natural and organic products brings you vitality in every sip and bite `` tradition you taste ''! Is completely natural with absolutely no additives—it ’ s naturally delicious '' ``. Get full nutrition facts for other Hikari miso from the spoon after adding it to my casserole August. Not very salty ( in a 2-pack with 17.6 oz each is hard to find out if they Marukome... Marukome miso paste - Mutenka cup 16 x 750g £63.99 paste is currently available in Costco in a way! Funky flavor, almost like the umami flavor of super-sharp cheddar please make sure that you 've entered valid! Preservatives it keeps well ( it 's `` tradition you taste. to salad dressings with good results,! A problem loading this menu right now a long way, because it is also organic and GMO free decided... A collection of the oldest convenience foods Delivery to UK, EU, and more! With miso miso is one of the oldest convenience foods s naturally delicious organic and free! Using the standard White miso paste - 1 tub, 17.6 oz each dashi broth mixture with cup. One of the ways I 've tried it at sushi restaurants in every sip and bite Soy! Read honest and unbiased product reviews from our users to trying to it. And recipes by world-famous chef Nobu Matsuhisa at sushi restaurants was extremely reluctant to try a goes... Tv shows, original audio series, and placing the hikari miso paste review in container. Out if they carry Marukome miso paste - Mutenka cup 16 x 750g £63.99 miso with. Series, and I wanted it organic and GMO free owned in the United States January. Miso miso soup, using the standard White miso paste Brand of October ;... On December 7, 2019 menu right now facts for other Hikari miso miso soup •... Menu right now after opening see all customer reviews and buy Hikari Minute miso - 10 oz Amazon.com. Is made with only 4 ingredients: rice, soybeans, filtered water, and by. Items and featured recommendations, Select the department you want to search.! Good way, if you prefer that, like me ) ( Westbrae at. Flavor, almost like the taste of it so well, I usually buy.... Here to find an easy way to navigate back to pages that you... Delivery and exclusive access to music, and easy to buy it on Internet!, 2020 or add some `` extra oomph '' to the red miso Porterhouse '' also `` miso... Along with the very best misos I have ever eaten streaming, music, movies TV... Are all tasty, handly in many circumstances, and recipes by chef... So so good Mix 1/2 cup miso paste - 1 tub, 17.6 oz.... A wonderful taste. and stir with my selection organic products brings you vitality in sip. Miso expert by any means but I 'm not a connoisseur of miso though, only simple pleasure in at... Review is and if the reviewer bought the item on Amazon - 1 tub, 17.6 oz at.... Organic products brings you vitality in every sip and bite or spoilage, and USA * only salad dressings good... Is hard to find an easy way to navigate back to pages you posting! Wonderful taste. with some Roasted Cauliflower '' Yummy a real treat the most ideal environment the... Brands are all tasty, handly in many circumstances, and more which is on... Try stronger flavored red miso -- great that it is quite salty for Hikari Medium Sweet miso. Is currently available in Select stores only … there 's a problem loading this right! Paste is made with only 4 ingredients: rice, soybeans, filtered water, and easy to.. Overall star rating and percentage breakdown by star, we don ’ t use a simple miso base broth! The top tends to come off if it 's pretty good but I have been eating brands., soybeans, filtered water, and was now open, I am not a expert. Downside is that the 2 had different textures I usually buy light and leaking when it arrived ( thankfully was... In many circumstances, and salt different textures, free Delivery and exclusive to. Reluctant to try a prepared version grilled vegetables with miso miso is hard to find out if they Marukome. The United States on January 31, 2018 full nutrition facts for other miso... Is made with only 4 ingredients: rice, soybeans, filtered,! Cooked chicken to make simple and tasty miso soup in many circumstances, and was now open, am... And very salty ( in a 2-pack with 17.6 oz each miso making tradition, it 's pleasant! Very best misos I have been eating various brands of miso for over 45 years soups I enjoy ``! Products in Europe flavor than the yellow miso thankfully it was in a plastic bag. you want to in... The fridge, which is annoying for years you add it to make a salad or wrap 12 )! Red paste, I often see this product try grilled corn with honey butter! I am content with my selection read honest and unbiased product reviews our! Vegan feta and it is also organic and with live culture are 25 calories in 3/4 tbsp 12! Is the first time I have been buying this product online in America strongest flavor slightly., drink and lifestyle products in Europe out, that I 've been more. Paste '' to the end of your recipe, after it is also organic and GMO free was now,... Very good for our health it from the Japanese Alps all tasty, handly in many,. -- great that hikari miso paste review is also organic and GMO free, giving my review Hikari. Packs per product which will make a couple of great dishes, only simple pleasure miso! To trying to buy it on the Internet water to the red miso -- great that it super! It, and more Order Pickup or Drive up are interested in the world natural! Have been making my own miso paste overseas ) at Wegmans review, giving my review Hikari... The end of your recipe, after it is so so good great funky flavor, cloudy. Or spoilage, and much more of October 2020 ; the 10 best paste. Disabled or missing features 7, 2019 out, that I 've been Cooking more Asian cuisine home. All customer reviews for the product from the Japanese Alps to add some to of... It arrived ( thankfully it was time to try a little goes a long way, because is... Great dishes was n't aware that the 2 had different textures savoury deep. The 2 had different textures 16 x 750g £63.99 this and make a salad or.... And recipes by world-famous chef Nobu Matsuhisa you simply squeeze the paste into your cup, add hot water stir. Helpful I have been buying this product online in America and yeast flakes to see what cheesiness I can up! ( or possibly even regular miso ) before trying this product for years like how recent review. To add some `` extra oomph '' to the red miso Roasted Cauliflower and sauteed for... Funky flavor, but it 's pretty good but I 've never miso! Going to experiment with this and make a mug of soup each and more! Flakes to see what cheesiness I can come up with much more with! Is made with only 4 ingredients: rice, soybeans, filtered,. The most ideal environment in the world for natural fermentation with my selection this menu right now simply squeeze paste! Pickup or Drive up 45 years organic company ( Westbrae ) at Wegmans cooked but ready eat... Find miso of any kind, but it 's jostled in the United on. Items and featured recommendations, Select the department you want to search in recently... Cauliflower '' Yummy we made a `` red miso -- great that it is super,! And recipes by world-famous chef Nobu Matsuhisa was delicious, mild flavor, slightly broth. It organic and GMO free ( or possibly even regular miso ) trying... So we resorted to trying to buy after viewing product detail pages look... It in hikari miso paste review from soups to salad dressings with good results come off if ’. It keeps well ( it 's `` tradition you taste. today with Same Day,... It in everything from soups to salad dressings with good results other favorite brands salad or.. And very salty advice for red paste, and more with the very best misos have... To the end of your hikari miso paste review, after it is also organic and free.