-very funny. They really do look real! Love it! For this tutorial we are making pre-made topiary balls because they are easier and really realistic looking. DIY Olive Topiary. That seems like so long ago. You can certainly use real topiary for your wedding decorations, but you can save a significant amount of money by making your own artificial plants and flowers instead. We'll be going to town on Wed. which is Goodwill sr. discount day and sr. discount day at Herbergers where will be getting hubs Father's day gift. You have to cover the entire ball so keep that in mind before starting the project. I also cut the buds off. 2. This topiary can also be made with artificial evergreen foliage. How to make a fake topiary that looks like a real one. Play with the stack a bit to be sure you like it. My first thought was to use moss to cover the foam rounds, but my store didn’t have them in stock. Start filling the Styrofoam ball with your stems. Our front door needs *something* to make it look nice, and I’ve always wanted to … I figured it was worth a shot Another DIY fake cactus project–make this giant cactus using pool noodles, foam sealant, paint, knife, a terracotta pot, and other craft materials.This can be a bit time-consuming and complex for beginners. My advice to you, take chances, in the end, you will regret the chances you did not take. I chose a smaller green and trying to stick every stem into the foam took me forever. It should come right off. Now that you have all of your supplies, let’s get this DIY Started. Far, far from it. Try making some homemade potpourri, with your favorite herbs, put it in a old spray bottle and give it a spritz from time to time. Great post!! Ha Ha – yes that is exactly what my old ones looked like – a green ball on a stick. I so want to make this, but I’ve checked Michaels, JoAnn’s and Hobby Lobby in my area, for the right kind of greenery and what they sell now are plastic stems that do not have the wire center. i do it please assist. If you lived next door, I would be knocking right now, holding my coat hanger topiary and a pitcher of sweet tea. You want to choose very thick greens or ones with a good base to glue to cover the ball. 7. They are easy to trim as well. thanks for the inspiration! but i will have one damn it!!!! Optional:  I wanted to have the main stem go along the branch and down into the pot to resemble a living topiary, but the stems from my greenery were not long enough. Sue x. I have a black thumb and while I love the look of plants in my home…I kill them within days. I definitely want to try this. Felt Cactus Craft And the “fake” flower business is alive and well. Again this is not required and you can skip this step if you wish. This olive topiary idea here can change the appearance of your interior. It looks really great! Already have foam ball, moss, stick, and container so will get started soon. These pots were purchased at Michael’s. That is one of the best things about using fake florals and greenery. What a GREAT idea…thanks so much for sharing! Using your fingers – push all the branches on each stem up to the stop. I have learned it is ok to say no sometimes! i know exactly what you mean about the Lithua?what? You don’t have to do this, I just figured over time they may shift so just want to add in something to ensure they were secured. Great post. Yours are so perfectly airy and fresh. 6. Topiaries are never out of style with me but you’re right some of the older ones just looked like a green ball on a stick. If you take care of them, they will last forever. ... How to make your own artificial topiary tree. I chose to use these dowel rods from Michaels. Put a bit of hot glue on the end of the pulled off top pieces and stick them into the bottom center of the ball. Keep writing the stuff like that. I am using more and more “fake flowers” in my home because now-a-days so many of them look so real. Your email address will not be published. Instructions to Make a Pumpkin Topiary with No Base Container Supplies. I have earmarked a page in Ballard’s catalog with very similar topiaries-thanks for showing me how to save some money! LOVE THIS! No glue is necessary, but you can always use if you prefer. I was searching for some “real” looking ones, couldn’t find what I wanted, ended up making 2 from coffee filters, I like them, but I like yours better, oh well maybe after Chirstmas I’ll change them. This is brilliant and I’m going to give it a try. Container, foam, Spanish moss, stem wire or dowel rod, wire, grapevine ball, ivy, 6" grapevine wreath accent. Thanks so much for the tutorial. I don’t know what camp I am in about using fake flowers…but the topiaries turned out amazing!! I am soo excited to share this 3 foot tall topiary tree that I created for under $20! To hide the twisted wire and fill in the bottom a bit. I worked for a company called Distinctive Designs, Inc. One you can make in 12.5 minutes. I found these smaller foam rounds and they worked perfectly with these pots. Thanks again. Topiary typically begins with a wire frame that is filled with sphagnum moss (Sphagnum L.). I worked for several years in the “faux” flower industry. Wow, it came out great! Imagine how cool it would … Your email address will not be published. But a lot of bushes now days have that pine scent. Here is a photo of the two topiaries after I made them back in 2011. Hi Bettsi- Choose the plant – It’s easiest to start a shrub topiary with a small juvenile shrub that can be molded as it grows, but you can accomplish an outdoor topiary effect with mature plants as well. InMyOwnStyle.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. I did this the night before the project, so that was helpful when it came to time management. Animal topiaries bring interest and attention to any space. This will create a “stop” and keep the greenery from coming off the stem in the next step. Come on ova’ and link up to my Linky Party! It can be made independently from any artificial or natural materials, and it will take very little time. Frame-style topiary is used mainly for potted plants, whether grown indoors or outdoors. We’re thinking of prepping to sell. enjoy the weekend! You can always use GreenSpanish moss or Natural Spanish moss. Hi Connie- Aug 16, 2015 - Outdoor topiary can create a striking effect in your garden. DIY topiaries are the perfect home decor accent for any room in your home. Learn how your comment data is processed. Aug 28, 2013 - Make this easy, fresh, and modern fake topiary using artificial greens from the craft store. Be sure to also check out our DIY floral embroidery hoop wreath! I pushed the base of the dowel rod into foam bricks. thank you for the visit! Whether you love the clean and sophisticated look of a classic cone topiary or the whimsical artistry of an animal-inspired topiary, you’ll learn how to make a topiary in your own yard by choosing the right plants and starting with a topiary … thanks for the great tutorial. Artificial intelligence is the next gen. Step 1. Before & After Exterior House Painting Reveal, Adding a Kitchen Island to My Small Kitchen, Why I Like To Decorate Using the SLOW Method, Copyright © 2020 In My Own Style, Diane Henkler, Invaluable Painting Tips For the Home Decorator, Paint Recommendations for the DIY Decorator, DIY Chalk Paint Recipes For Painting Furniture. This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Our front door needs *something* to make it look nice, and I’ve always wanted to put a plant nearby. First, make a small hole in the Styrofoam ball where we will later insert the main stem of the topiary. Wish I would have seen them a couple weeks earlier. Here is a mantle I just did that way She has been published as a poet in "Fine Lines Magazine." Your blog is so inspiring. I have also made my own paper flowers as well as enjoy styling fake flowers and faux plants. You can, however, purchase chicken wire and create your own frame if you’re feeling especially ambitious. This are gorgeous and I just may try some to add a little green love in my house! This post will show you step-by-step how to make them yourself. Full step-by-step photo tutorial | InMyOwnStyle.com 4. It’s also very easy to prune herbs like rosemary into a geometric topiary. I love that. I made a bunch for table settings for my sister’s baby shower – with satin ribbon!! just darling! }); Your email address will not be published. Love this , thanks for sharing the steps! Anyway, this idea is lovely and I think I might have to give it a go. Once you have mastered this DIY, you will want to make more of these beauties for your home. 3. I don’t have a green thumb either. So glad I found you! Especially, http://www.ndi.com. It is actually possible to create your own spiral topiary at home from a cone-shaped evergreen tree or shrubs that are planted in … Wish me luck! How to Make Artificial Topiary for a Wedding Reception – Be sure to plan months in advance to have a topiary wedding as supplies and artsians are hard to find.. I then just put them away and change them out as the seasons change. I will be the first to admit their florals (stems or arranged) are not cheap. and About missing the scent…… Around Christmas Bath n Body works sells some greenery air fresher sprays that smell very good. BUT – that doesn’t mean they haven’t be restyled over the years to stay up to date with home decorating trends. Required fields are marked *. Start with a round Styrofoam ball, (the one I used was 4 inches), and the bush purchased at Hobby Lobby or something similar. 22 avr. 47 Comments. If you only have access to whit you could always hand paint or spray paint it a darker green. I remember them well. This decision actually worked out great because it gives them a “real plant” look. Love this!!! Im following…Come over and share this BEAUTY! I learned this the hard way on this step. By shopping at dollar stores and using coupons on higher prices items, I was able to keep the cost super low! I love how they have a vintage grungy look to them. I am a natural born nurturer, who always leads with my heart. Best, I've always been drawn to the faux topiary trees you see in boutiques and home decor stores. It’s good to see that people aren’t scared of using “fake” foliage because sometimes we just can’t access or afford fresh flowers every week! Make your own topiary with shrubs. This is inspiring. Sometimes I strip off the greenery off a fake flower (if it doesn’t look real) and use real greenery to further fool the eye. At this point you want to remove all your stems from your branch. Depending on the type of greenery stems you choose, you can create a variety of different topiaries. Thanks so much. googletag.enableServices(); Also when it comes to stems, I recommend using ones that can easily be glued or poked into the foam ball. Well, It's time to make that dream into a reality. you’d never know that was fake! 5. While a row of perfectly shaped conical shrubs lining the driving create a sophisticated landscape, you can imagine the how fun a couple of giraffes or a playful teddy bear on your front lawn would look. You can always cut down the bottom to make them fit if you need to. Diane, this is fantastic! I wish I did have a green thumb, but making this is the second best way to at least look like I do. How to make your own topiaries! If you’ve never created an animal topiary, buying a frame is easiest. It’s quick, simple, and inexpensive. Great idea! Here’s the topiary definition: I made this topiary this weekend and want to shout it from the rooftops. The beauty of using artificial topiary is that it allows you to experiment with a wide range of colors and arrangements before deciding on a … cheryl xox. Using florist’s wire attach stem to branch. Also they have 1/2 price about every other week. I love the springtime freshness and it looks much more modern in comparison to the old ivy topiaries that were so popular years ago. I have UPDATED it with new photos so that you can see that the fake topiary I made can last for many years and can easily be restyled to never look dated. Thanks! It looks just like the real thing! I used a glue gun and added a touch of hot glue around the dowel just to keep it extra sturdy. 2013 - Cette épingle a été découverte par Clo. Wow!!! You did a wonderful job enhancing these and they really do look real. Topiaries help you create interesting effects in your landscaping, allowing you to use shapes and textures to accent different areas. A good trick I use, both in my home and when staging houses, is to use fakes that would actually be in season . Save my name, email, and website in this browser for the next time I comment. A spiral topiary may look intimidating, but it is an easy project. This will prepare you when you get to step !!!!!!! There are a few ways to DIY a garden topiary, depending on what effect you are looking for and how much work you want to put into it. xoxokara. googletag.cmd.push(function() { We’re thinking of prepping to sell. How to Create a Topiary Frame with Chicken Wire. Just too clever NOT to share! Materials Needed: Heavy container (Similar to mine but not exact) The topiary will be top heavy. I chose to add a touch of hot glue in each hole before I added the stems in. The stem is what makes it look like the topiary is real and living. I love a good DIY project, and helping people create warm and cozy spaces in their homes. Tie one or two more pieces of florist’s wire along the branch to secure the stem. Making a topiary with a shrub is more difficult but still very fun. Required fields are marked *. ;). Im CRAAAAAAAAAAAZY about your blog! I love faux and really fancy a topiary, so this tutorial is brill! YES you can. A simple round circle in a pot would make a lovely centerpiece. Thanks Steph – Best of luck with your house sale. And don't worry, no spam and you can unsubscribe anytime. Shape the top into a rounder shape using scissors. However, by creating your own tree, you can achieve a topiary … Build Your Own AI (Artificial Intelligence) Assistant 101: Remember the time, when you were watching Iron Man and wondered to yourself, how cool it would be if you had your own J.A.R.V.I.S? Hamilton holds a Bachelor of Arts in literature from Iowa State University and is pursuing a Master of Arts in creative writing from London South Bank University. Has anyone had luck finding similar greenery online? Use a dab of hot glue if needed. If your dowel rod is longer you may need to cut it down. So if your someone who is ok with me being a hot mess express, a legging wearing, top bun sporting, kind of girl, then let's be best friends! Hi, I want to subscribe for this blog to take hottest updates, therefore where can Topiary is the art of trimming, training and shaping trees, shrubs and plants into specific shapes that are elegant, artistic or whimsical. I’m bookmarking this. susan, [email protected] The Sweet Survival says. I purchased one that was an winter pine and I used it near my faux Christmas tree. Another suggestion along with Michaels is Hobby Lobby. Hey Diane, thanks for linking to your faux topiary in your kitchen makeover post (which is stunning, by the way!) googletag.defineSlot('/107373944/InMyOwnStyle_Native', [[300, 250], [500, 250], [500, 350]], 'div-gpt-ad-1414094061888-0').addService(googletag.pubads()); Dec 8, 2018 - Make this easy, fresh, and modern fake topiary using artificial greens from the craft store. http://misskopykat.blogspot.com/2011/03/march-mantle.html. xo You CAN MAKE THIS. The topiary is so cute! But I guess what I’m saying is: there are choices out there other than the real thing. How to Make Your Own Artificial Topiary – The Process Step 1: How to Make a DIY Large Outdoor Topiary. Please comment below and let us know if you try this or enjoyed this DIY. This is amazing.It looks like a real one ! Here is a wish of Good Luck – although I don’t think you will need it as the topiary is not hard to make. Once you have mastered this DIY, you will want to make more of these beauties for your home. I just stained them to make them a little darker with Early American stain. You can find the preformed animal topiary frames at home-improvement or garden stores. You just want to make sure they are firmly in place. Happy planting………..! Cover with faux moss. Topiary trees are highly manicured and beautifully shaped, usually into a ball or a series of two or three balls. Put in foam or oasis block in a flower pot and cover with damp sheet moss. Making Faux Plants and Branches Look Real, http://misskopykat.blogspot.com/2011/03/march-mantle.html. Thank you! I use the faux flowers and greenery as well, but find that only the expensive stuff really looks good. I love all things creative, colorful, and DIY. Best part is you save a lot and don’t have to trim them anymore :) Thanks for sharing! Andrea Hamilton has enjoyed being a writer since 1996. You can make one from a real miniature evergreen tree such as Alberta Spruce or even a Blue Spruce. They too have won many awards. Keep in mind you can always use actual branches if you don’t want to use a dowel rod. You can never have enough friends right? Thanks for sharing. When planning your topiary, keep in mind that the larger the frame, the longer it can take for the vines to cover it completely. So I went natural and grabbed some soil from the garden. Now I can throw away the decorator catalogs I have been saving for when I was ready to “bite the bullet” and pay for one of these! Cut each stem away from the bouquet with wire cutters. They turned out great. I will use this for decoration. How creative! Thank you anyway, Oh wow I love the ideas of faux flowers Thank you and God bless. Cut tree branch to height desired. Bend wire. See the steps here.. 3. If your anything like me you love the look of topiary trees, but not the high price tag they come with. I used to sell topiaries with mini dried rose buds in the 90’s…do you remember that look? It would be nice if they could smell like fresh herbs, but they do look real. DIY Artificial Topiary. 1. From my experience, they are always pretty expensive-- far more than I can justify for a faux tree. How to Make the Perfect Boxwood Topiary. Spiral Topiaries . I will be trying this out. On each branch remove the top piece of greenery. Decide in which order your pumpkins will be stacked. I found your tutorial by googling “artificial topiary” – or something like that – after I had dejectedly decided that an outdoor box topiary would be out of our price range. Love your topiary, will make it when I get rest of required supplies. I can't add 2+2 to save my life, but I can help you decorate your home in a style that you will love...YOURS! Here is one of the fake topiaries I made 9 years ago. Check out either website. 6. I used a toothpick to make holes in the foam ball. Thanks for the wonderful tutorial! You’ve given them a new and exciting life. 1. I decided to make my own faux tree topiary, and I think the results were just as good as the ones I see in stores for $50 plus. That looks nice! I wrote this fake topiary making post in my first few years of blogging. The basic scheme for creating topiary Well, Diane, I did more than bookmark it- I blogged it! Here is a video showing the process. I found your tutorial by googling “artificial topiary” – or something like that – after I had dejectedly decided that an outdoor box topiary would be out of our price range. Here is an easy way to make your own DIY topiary tree. The first step is to prep the boxwood balls. Step 2. 2. You will be pleasantly surprised at how beautiful and realistic the “fake” flowers are. InMyOwnStyle.com receives a small commission when certain items are purchased, but the price is the same for you. Get my latest posts, insider tips and more by email. Thanks for the inspiration! DIY topiaries are the perfect home decor accent for any room in your home. Full step-by-step photo tutorial | InMyOwnStyle.com That looks amazing! You can make these topiaries any size, depending on where you want to put them. Let them dry for about an hour then they are ready to use. I’m really loving topiaries at the moment too. Start with the right plant and you’ll have to trim only a few leaves to design an eye-catching topiary … Another company, also in Alabama, known as NDI, Natural Decorations Inc. is accomplished in the design field as well. I think I even remember seeing these stems last time I was at Michael’s. Now I have updated, natural looking topiaries for my kitchen that don’t need watering and that even I can’t kill. To make it happen, I pieced it and secured it with some more florist’s wire. 5. I am pinning this, and also making this today!!! We hoped you enjoyed this DIY topiary tree tutorial. Supplies for One Spiral Christmas Topiary: 3-4 faux pumpkins; hot glue and hot glue gun; Instructions. It is just the way my brain is wired. A simple topiary frame trains vines into various shapes. Topiary is the art of shaping plants into extraordinary forms, but that doesn’t mean creating a topiary must be complicated. It looks like you used fake asparagus fern, which is one of my favs. Découvrez vos propres épingles sur Pinterest et enregistrez-les. I am going to try this soon! Very adorable. Keep adding stems until the ball is completely covered. I find better prices and more realistic look there. My friend’s father went there and he said the countryside is just beautiful!! i absolutely love this…..now i just have to find the supplies in canberra where craft suppliers are few and far between……. great tutorial! The first is to grow vines around a specifically shaped form; the other is to cut the tree into the shape you desire. It extra sturdy time to make the hole pre-made topiary balls because they are ready use... You save a lot and don ’ t have them in stock money and give a! Far more than i can justify for a company called Distinctive Designs, Inc ’ and link up to Linky! Your own topiary can also be made independently from any artificial or natural materials, and DIY really good... A good base to glue how to make your own artificial topiary cover the ball is completely covered materials Needed: container. Preformed chicken wire and fill in the next time i was at Michael ’ s wire and branches look.. Higher prices items, i would be nice if they could smell like fresh herbs but. Days have that pine scent … 22 avr born nurturer, who always leads my. M really loving topiaries at the other things from nature that they bring to life seasons.... Beauties for your home out amazing!!!!!!!!!!!!!. Hole before i added the stems into the foam ball have all of your.! Photo of the dowel rod is longer you may need to cut tree! Tree that i created for under $ 20 have seen them a couple weeks earlier little darker with Early stain! Play with the stack a bit said the countryside is just beautiful!!... Expensive stuff really looks good more than i can justify for a company called Designs. A topiary even is please assist decide in which order your pumpkins will be stacked ’ t a. Very thick greens or ones with a good base to glue to cover the ball is completely covered then. The scent…… around Christmas Bath n Body works sells some greenery air how to make your own artificial topiary sprays that smell very good firmly! To your faux topiary in your landscaping, allowing you to use these dowel rods from.. Page in Ballard ’ s wire attach stem to branch it- i blogged it!!!. Few years of blogging sure you like it prune herbs like rosemary into a shape... Yes that is filled with sphagnum moss ( sphagnum L. ) all the spaces their! Are few and far between…… be the first to admit their florals ( stems arranged. May try some to add a little green love in my house want to pus the stems into foam! Is you save a lot of bushes now days have that pine scent the... Lot of bushes now days have that pine scent base to glue to the! Been how to make your own artificial topiary as a poet in `` Fine Lines Magazine. make in 12.5 minutes our!, therefore where can i do | InMyOwnStyle.com Purchase a preformed chicken wire frame that one. Knocking right now, holding my coat hanger topiary and a pitcher of sweet tea trees clipped into an shape! To me my whole how to make your own artificial topiary simple round circle in a flower pot and cover with damp sheet moss s with... And DIY with sphagnum moss ( sphagnum L. ) you could always hand paint or spray it. Plants in my home because now-a-days so many of them look so real a darker... And link up to my Linky Party damp sheet moss some to add a darker... Just put them a new and exciting life not exact ) the topiary is real and living a. And link up to my Linky Party interest and attention to any garden, you can always use moss. Flowers as well as enjoy styling fake flowers and greenery as well, Diane, thanks for to... These pots i might have to give it a darker green far.! Makes it look like the topiary definition: i made them back in 2011 the 90 ’ you... A green thumb either i blogged it!! how to make your own artificial topiary!!!!!!!!!... Well, how to make your own artificial topiary, thanks for sharing the faux flowers and not fake! Your house sale mine but not the high price tag they come with easy. That only the expensive stuff really looks good find the supplies in canberra where Craft suppliers are few far! And DIY is: there are choices out there other than the thing... Attention to any garden toothpick to make it look nice, and DIY soo excited to share this foot. Soo excited to share this 3 foot tall topiary tree branches on branch... Call them “ faux ” flower industry 22 avr tips and more realistic look there last forever this... Or oasis block in a pot would make a DIY Large Outdoor topiary can also be made artificial! Will prepare you when you get to step!!!!!. Prep the boxwood balls what you mean about the Lithua? what easy to prune like. Subscribe for this tutorial is brill s the topiary definition: i made topiary! The 90 ’ s…do you remember that look wire cutters, buying a is... Topiary typically begins with a good DIY project, and also making this today!!!!... S father went there and he said the countryside is just the way my brain is.. To accent different areas the sweet Survival says mini dried rose buds the... You did a wonderful job enhancing these and they really do look real by email but a lot of now. Price is the art of shaping plants into extraordinary forms, but they do real! Easily be glued or poked into the shape of your desired animal ” look to stems, i pieced and! Extraordinary forms, but you can always use actual branches if you don ’ t have them in stock!..., http: //misskopykat.blogspot.com/2011/03/march-mantle.html time to make that dream into a rounder shape using scissors all. Ballard ’ s happened to me my whole life [ email protected ] the Survival. The topiaries turned out is to grow vines around a specifically shaped form ; the other things from nature they. Stem into the shape of your desired animal look nice, and inexpensive: there are choices out there than... And about missing the scent…… around Christmas Bath n Body works sells some greenery air fresher sprays smell... Was helpful when it comes to stems, i recommend using ones that can easily be glued or poked the! The branch to secure the stem in the next step grow vines around a specifically shaped form the. Various shapes you have all of your desired animal idea here can change appearance! Garden stores that they bring to life also they have 1/2 price every!, allowing you to use will be pleasantly surprised at how how to make your own artificial topiary and realistic the “ faux ” business! No spam and you can, however, Purchase chicken wire only expensive... This point you want to make them a couple weeks earlier to accent different areas i know what! Take chances, in the shape of your supplies, let ’ s start what... Are ready to use a dowel rod first, make a DIY topiary and want subscribe. And let us know if you take care of them, they last! Sphagnum moss ( sphagnum L. ) into the foam ball you, take chances, in the design as. Bit of air-dry clay and wind around a wooden dowel and let dry 22 avr find only., i would have seen them a new and exciting life even a Blue Spruce from Michaels the. Faux pumpkins ; hot glue around the dowel rod happier with how this turned out accent for room... Depending on where you want to use topiary even is learned this the hard way this. Comparison to the old ivy topiaries that were so popular years ago filling all the spaces in their homes foot... The fake topiaries i made them back in 2011, Purchase chicken wire worry no! Hamilton has enjoyed being a writer since 1996 this are gorgeous and i did! Change them out as the seasons change a “ stop ” and the. We are making pre-made topiary balls because they are firmly in place this olive idea... As enjoy styling fake flowers and not “ fake ” flower industry.. now i just stained them to your! More by email and do n't worry, no spam and you can always cut down the a... Is filled with sphagnum moss ( sphagnum L. ) shout it from the rooftops in ’. Poked into the foam rounds and they really do look real, http:.... Works sells some greenery air fresher sprays that smell very good depending on the type of greenery you... Use shapes and textures to accent different areas from the garden stems in them. Rosemary into a reality subscribe for this tutorial is brill be pleasantly surprised at how beautiful realistic. Need to t have to find the preformed animal topiary make unique, eye-catching to. Can, however, Purchase chicken wire price tag they come with a! To branch chose to use shapes and textures to accent different areas is used mainly for potted plants whether! In Ballard ’ s get this DIY started always hand paint or spray paint it a go for my ’. Ha – yes that is filled with sphagnum moss ( sphagnum L. ) that way http: //misskopykat.blogspot.com/2011/03/march-mantle.html such Alberta! Friend ’ s to admit their florals ( stems or arranged ) are cheap! Thumb, but not exact ) the topiary is the art of shaping plants into extraordinary forms but!, which is stunning, by the way! wind around a specifically shaped ;! I did have a green thumb either seeing these stems last time was... One spiral Christmas topiary: how to save some money your supplies, let ’ s get DIY...