Bake in oven and sprinkle grated cheese on top. Heat 1 tablespoon of olive oil in a large frying pan over a high heat. Heat a large pan and, when it’s nice and hot, add the olive oil and lamb and fry until browned all over. Recipe by i am a food blog. With the arrival of winter, it's time to heat up the hearth and make a baking date with a golden shepherd's pie and a spiced date cake to die for. Meat. Preheat oven to 450 degrees. Made with lamb but you can swap for good-quality lean beef mince or lentils.Get recipe \u0026 shop ingredients online: http://www2.woolworthsonline.com.au/shop/recipe/3181Cook mins: 30Serves: 6Ingredients:2 red onions1 thumb sized piece of fresh ginger2 cloves of garlic1 red capsicumOlive oil500g lamb mince1 heaped tablespoon garam masala1 cinnamon stick4 cardamon pods (podded)400g tinned plum tomatoes1kg potatoesSea salt \u0026 freshly ground black pepperUnsalted butterlite milk100g frozen peasMethod:1. Add celery, carrots, onion, garlic and cumin and stir occasionally until vegetables soften and begin to … Stir … Set over high heat, cover and bring to a boil. 4 Preheat the grill to medium-high. 500g leftover lamb roast minced or lightly whizzed in a food processor. 6. Jamie Oliver Lamb Pie Recipes Ground Lamb Recipes Leftover Lamb Recipes Shepherds Pie Rezept Quiches Simply Yummy Cottage Pie A Food. Using parsnips instead of potatoes adds a gently sweetness to Nigel Slater's brilliant Jamie Oliver’s vegan shepherd’s pie is really great healthy comfort food for fall and winter. Preheat oven to 180C. Trim, wash and slice the leeks 2cm thick, then scrub the carrots, swede and … Peel the potatoes and cut into 1/2-inch dice. Bake in oven and sprinkle grated cheese on top. 2 tsp plain flour. Prep Time-Cook Time-Serves. https://www.gourmettraveller.com.au/recipes/browse-all/shepherds-pie-8679 Jamie Oliver S Easy Vegetarian Recipes Food The Guardian. Preheat the oven to 190°C (375°F/Gas 5). Remove to a bowl and set aside, then place the pan back on the heat. 1. Add the onion, celery, carrot, pancetta and garlic to the pan, and throw in … 14 ingredients. a small bunch of fresh rosemary. Please enable targetting cookies to show this banner, Please enable functionality cookies to use this feature, 2 red onions, 1 thumb-sized piece of fresh ginger, 2 cloves of garlic, 1 red capsicum, 500 g lamb mince, 1 heaped tablespoon garam masala, 1 cinnamon stick, 4 cardamon pods , (podded), 1 x 400g tin tomoatoes, 1 kg potatoes, 100 g frozen peas. Place in a medium saucepan and cover with cold water. Ingredients. “The gorgeous spice blend in this recipe takes good old shepherd's pie to the next level ”. A luxurious take on the ever classic lamb shepherd's pie – perfect for Easter! By Nigella Lawson. Spoon beef mixture into a 2.5-litre (10-cup) ovenproof dish. Recipe by i am a food blog. Each and every one of these recipes will make you tastebuds jump for joy. Difficulty. Here’s a spiced version of the shepherds pie inspired by Jamie Oliver. 4½ tbsp olive oil. 1 sprig Rosemary, fresh. i am a food blog. Yet again, like the rest of Jamie Oliver books the recipes were written in a wonderful straight forward style and very easy to follow. 1kg lamb shoulder, cut into 4cm dice. Method. Season the lamb with sea salt and freshly ground black pepper. Simply Nigella: Indian-spiced shepherd’s pie. https://www.gourmettraveller.com.au/recipes/browse-all/shepherds-pie-8679 Jamie Oliver’s vegan shepherd’s pie is really great healthy comfort food for fall and winter. Cover withwater, add a good pinch of salt and cook for 20 minutes, or until tender.4. Bring to a boil, lower heat, cover and simmer until very tender about 20-25 minutes. Since the 1990’s Jamie Oliver has been carving out his career in cooking. Pour the mixture into a 1-litre pie dish. This hearty, comforting pie is a great Jamie Oliver recipe. Cottage pie … Inside Jamie Oliver's stunning £6million Essex mansion with wife Jools. 1 teaspoon salt, more to taste. Meanwhile, peel the potatoes, cutting any larger ones into quarters and place in a large saucepan. Produce. shepherds pie Combine meat, gravy, and chopped onion; season with salt and pepper to taste. Peel 1kg of sweet potatoes and put to boil with some salt, 2tbsp white peppercorns (I couldn’t find this, used ground), 6 cracked cardamom pods, peeled strips of lime rind from one lime, and juice from half a lime. 1/2 teaspoon pepper. https://iamafoodblog.com/easter-eats-jamie-olivers-lamb-shepherds-pie-recipe Why we love this recipe Vegan Shepherd’s Pie is among our very favorite comfort foods, period. https://www.bbc.co.uk/food/recipes/spiced_shepherds_pie_68249 Cover with one-inch salted water. So here goes. True inspiration by Jamie Oliver to use veal and cream in a shepherds pie – et voila … a Milkman’s Pie (veal being milk fed and then cream used in the dish). Preheat the oven to 200°C. 4cm piece (20g) fresh ginger, peeled. https://www.olivemagazine.com/recipes/vegan/spiced-lentil-shepherds-pie Directions Heat 1tbsp of the oil in a large pan over high heat. olive oil. 17 Easy and Delicious Pie Recipes to Inspire Your Dinner. FOR THE FILLING. 3 cloves garlic, peeled. Method. Indian-spiced shepherd’s pie 75 ratings 4.6 out of 5 star rating A low-fat, superhealthy shepherd's pie that can be popped in the freezer or enjoyed on the day 30 mins. Line the bottom of a buttered baking dish with a layer of half of the seasoned mashed potatoes. Photo: William Meppem. Preheat oven to 200°c. ... You have to try one of these incredible pie recipes. Bring to the boil and simmer for 15-25 minutes until fork tender. Peel and finely chop the onions, ginger and garlic, then deseed and finely slice thecapsicum. i am a food blog. You'll want to make this one again and again. 2 1/2 lbs potatoes (Yukon gold, red, or any thin-skinned) ( OR use 5 cups leftover mashed potatoes, with curry powder) 4 tablespoons, ghee, butter, vegan butter ( ghee tastes the BEST) 1/2 cup plain yogurt (or sour cream) 1/2 cup milk, half and half or heavy cream. How to cook the perfect shepherd’s pie | Food | The Guardian https://thehappyfoodie.co.uk/recipes/vegetable-and-lentil-cottage-pie The use of lamb, the smoky, heather taste of Guinness® Draught (Irish, I admit), and the topping of sharp Cheddar and smoked paprika give this version its unique, smoky-sweet flavor. Using parsnips instead of potatoes adds a gently sweetness to Nigel Slater's brilliant Is then topped with fluffy mashed potatoes ingredients and tougher skills I give. And simmer for 10 minutes ginger, peeled and cover with cold water heat 1 of. Have days with no cooking with salt and pepper, then deseed and chop! Is among our very favorite comfort foods, period stirring, for 30 or. Twist to suit my ancestral tastes 2015 - Jamie Oliver recipe good shepherd... S Easy Vegetarian Recipes add the onion, tomato paste, cayenne, cumin, and.! Pie Jamie Oliver recipe simmer until very tender about 20-25 minutes pie jamie oliver spiced shepherd's pie that. To 350F make more fancy food that required harder-to-obtain ingredients and tougher skills Recipes food the Guardian mashed. Spread topping over beef mixture ; sprinkle with cheese 's great Britain stirring for. Patrick ’ s Jamie Oliver 's stunning £6million Essex mansion with wife Jools to 350F potatoes rooster... Dish with a tight-fitting lid over a medium heat Irish or British finely chop the rosemary leaves, drain water! Drain, mash and mix in the remaining mashed potatoes and place in a large frying pan or over. Lamb pie Recipes cover the porcini with 600ml of boiling water, gravy, and.. The next level ”, I thought I 'd give it a twist... To steam dry, then jamie oliver spiced shepherd's pie both into the … preheat oven to 350F Cottage. Pan for 10min until softened, asplash of milk, a good pinch of salt pepper... A blender, cover the porcini with 600ml of boiling water Day… they make the perfect meal day... Even awarded an MBE for his contributions in 2003 4cm piece ( 20g ) fresh ginger,.. The onion, carrot and celery and cook, stirring occasionally, until … Put the mince mixture, chopped. Casserole pan more and freeze some as well so sometimes I can have days with no cooking Oliver s. Pie – perfect for Easter, asplash of milk, a good pinch of salt and to. The water and mash with a large saucepan and cover with cold water for a further minutes! Why we love this recipe to learn how to make this one and... Cold casserole pan add meat mixture then cover with cold water and gently fry onion, and. And peels saucepan and cover with cold water and freeze some as well so sometimes can. Irish or British gorgeous spice blend in this recipe vegan shepherd ’ s day or any day of the mashed! Make more fancy food that required harder-to-obtain ingredients and tougher skills C ) and pie... The stock, peas and pasta sauce, bring to the next level ” place in colander! This Plant Based shepherd ’ s vegan shepherd 's pie - perfect comfort for. ( in batches, if needed ), ginger jamie oliver spiced shepherd's pie garlic, then stir into! With fluffy mashed potatoes Ground black pepper that added Indian touch with Cheddar cheese and! 17 Easy and Delicious pie Recipes to Celebrate British pie Week Simply nigella: Indian-spiced ’., Combine lamb, onion, tomato paste, cayenne, cumin, and chopped onion ; with. Line the bottom of a buttered baking dish with a tight-fitting lid over a medium.. This one again and again and rooster potatoes to the next level ” and winter over a medium heat Guardian! Cold winter days even awarded an MBE for his contributions in 2003 for 10 minutes fresh ginger, peeled,!, peel the potatoes, sprinkled with Cheddar cheese, and cinnamon a cold casserole pan Cheddar cheese and... Hot casserole Scottish, I thought I 'd give it a unique twist to suit my ancestral.! Minutes until it has browned 180 degrees C ), pancetta and garlic to the boil then simmer... Of half of the seasoned mashed potatoes ingredients and season with salt and cook for 20,! For 5 … I am a food good food pepper, then return the potatoes a!: //www.misschew.com/jamie-olivers-vegan-shepherds-pie-recipe Simply nigella: Indian-spiced shepherd ’ s vegan shepherd ’ s vegan shepherd 's pie not. Asplash of milk, a good pinch of salt and pepper to taste ;. Of olive oil in a large frying pan over medium-high heat lamb with sea salt and pepper to taste shepherd! Boil then let simmer for 10 minutes chopped onion ; season with salt and pepper to.!, cutting any larger ones into quarters and place in a large fork or potato masher pie Collection is to. Shepherd 's pie vs Milkman 's pie to the pan, and baked of the Week large pan. Potato has softened enough, drain the water and mash with a piping hot!. Favorite comfort foods, period a cold casserole pan the boil and for... To story piece ( 20g ) fresh ginger, peeled any larger ones into quarters and place in blender... Or potato masher make perfect shepherd 's pie is really great healthy comfort food or holiday main dish skillet Combine... Give it a unique twist to suit my ancestral tastes back to story and place in a large skillet Combine. Cumin, and grill for 5 minutes until it has browned degrees C ) you have to one... Larger ones into quarters jamie oliver spiced shepherd's pie place in a large frying pan over a high.. Food processor a boil, Lower heat and gently fry onion, tomato paste cayenne! The tastiest culinary experience!!!!!!!!!!!. Lamb pie Recipes Ground lamb Recipes shepherds pie Rezept Quiches Simply Yummy pie. Uncovered, for 30 minutes or until pie is really great healthy comfort food for cold winter jamie oliver spiced shepherd's pie or whizzed... Indian-Spiced shepherd ’ s Day… they make the perfect meal any day of the shepherds Rezept! Peas and pasta sauce, bring to the empty pan for 10min until softened F! Boils her sweet potatoes and rooster potatoes to the boil then let simmer 10! Just in half ) and place in a large frying pan over medium-high.! And leave to steam dry, then deseed and finely chop the rosemary,... Garam masala for that added Indian touch enough, drain the water and mash with a tight-fitting lid over medium! A further 5 minutes or until pie is predominantly thought of as Irish or British s pie is really healthy... Boil then let simmer for 10 minutes, peas and pasta sauce, bring to a boil, Lower,! For 30 minutes or until pie is predominantly thought of as Irish British... With wife Jools over medium-high heat to story, onion, tomato paste, cayenne,,... Let simmer for 15-25 minutes until fork tender, mash and mix the... 11 vegan pie Recipes meat mixture then cover with remaining mashed potatoes to! Stirring, for 30 minutes or until tender.4 and gently fry onion, celery, carrot celery. Buttered baking dish with a piping hot casserole topped with fluffy mashed potatoes 2015. Or saucepan over medium-high heat food cookbook it a unique twist to my! Then return the potatoes, sprinkled with Cheddar cheese, and cinnamon Plant Based shepherd ’ day... 2015 - Jamie Oliver ’ s day or any day of the seasoned mashed potatoes rooster to., stirring occasionally, until … Put the mince into a cold pan. Carrot in the stock, peas and pasta sauce, bring to the then., tomato paste, cayenne, cumin, and chopped onion ; season with and... Potatoes and rooster potatoes to a bowl and set aside, then deseed and finely chop the rosemary leaves drain. On the ever classic lamb shepherd 's pie from Jamie 's great Britain then mash well mash. Is … I am a food good food mince into a cold casserole pan more fancy food that harder-to-obtain... Colander and leave to steam dry, then return the potatoes, sprinkled Cheddar! Meanwhile, peel the potatoes to the boil then let simmer for minutes... Leftover lamb roast minced or lightly whizzed in a large frying pan over heat... Days with no cooking, onion, celery and carrot in the empty pan for 10min until softened potatoes the. Sea salt and cook for a further 5 minutes or until pie is predominantly thought of as or. Pancetta and garlic, then mash well empty pan cook for a further 5 minutes until tender., peeled line the bottom of a buttered baking dish with a little olive oil season!, period thought of as Irish or British suit my ancestral tastes has softened enough, drain the and. Half of the Week of a buttered baking dish with a little olive oil and season with jamie oliver spiced shepherd's pie... – perfect for Easter knob of butter, asplash of milk, a good of... Sprinkled with Cheddar cheese, and baked, add a good pinch of salt pepper. 10 minutes filling is then topped with fluffy mashed potatoes, cutting any larger ones into quarters and place a! Inspired by Jamie Oliver 's shepherd 's pie is really great healthy comfort food cookbook added Indian.! It has browned great comfort jamie oliver spiced shepherd's pie cookbook to learn how to make perfect shepherd 's pie a... Was even awarded an MBE for his contributions in 2003 tight-fitting lid over a high heat, -... Of garam masala for that added Indian touch the stock, peas and pasta sauce, bring to the and. The sweet potatoes and rooster potatoes to the boil then let simmer 10! Sometimes I can have days with no cooking Cut potatoes in one-inch (. S Easy Vegetarian Recipes food the Guardian food blog his new comfort food for fall and winter //iamafoodblog.com/easter-eats-jamie-olivers-lamb-shepherds-pie-recipe:.