We chose Vetoquinol Viralys L-Lysine Supplement – Powder as our favorite overall pick. They’re designed for cats of all ages and sizes, but check with your veterinarian first. I saw in some reviews cats would choke on it and it has never happened thankfully. Changes to routine such as traveling or vet visits could lead to immune system challenges. The paw-fect option for cats who need a boost of immune support, respiratory health support or who have conditions that are responsive to lysine. L-Lysine is an amino acid that supports the ideal health of your cat. She specializes in all things dog, but her passions are canine nutrition and holistic health. For both people and cats, L-lysine is a way to manage and control herpes effectively. Please try again. The body does not make it, so this important protein builder has to be obtained through the diet. Flavored with fish and poultry to entice your cat, this l-lysine supplement comes in a powder so you can easily add it to your cat’s food. The powder form is easy to give to your cat, and each scoop contains half the recommended amount of l-lysine. Kittens: Give 1 chew, twice daily. I think this gives him a chance to pay attention to the shift in texture while he chews. Vetoquinol Viralys L-Lysine Supplement – Powder Key Features: The best l-lysine chews for cats is VetriScience Laboratories Vetri Lysine Plus, which is formulated and manufactured in the USA. I had the Lysine gel but 2 of the cats wouldn't eat it. Veterinarians prescribe and recommend lysine as part of the treatment regimen of this disease. Foster and Smith L-Lysine Soft Chews. These chews offer 125 mg of lysine per chew, as well as 25 mg of dimethylglycine. Lysine may also be used for cats that are experiencing allergies. The convenient 3-ounce squeeze tube has 500 mg of lysine per teaspoon. DRS. In order to navigate out of this carousel please use your heading shortcut key to navigate to the next or previous heading. This amino acid is present in every cat’s body, but some cats do not have enough of it to ward off infections and illnesses. Supplement your kitty's diet with these tasty L-Lysine chews to promote immune system function, respiratory health and everyday well-being! L-lysine supplement for cats, supports normal eye function, respiratory health, strong immune system. We checked out powders, gels, chews, and pastes. You may remember back a few years ago when many of the major so called "high end" pet food countries used products from China that caused kidney failure in many dogs and cats leading to their death. His congestion seems better which is what I hoped for. These supplements contain a generous amount of the amino acid, L-lysine. It's true that many cats can be picky eaters but even the fussiest felines will devour these delicious chicken liver-flavored chews! It plays a crucial role in the immune system, hormones, collagen formation, nutrient absorption, and the production of enzymes and antibodies. Amino acids are important in the production of the antibodies cats need to maintain normal immune system response. She loves to use writing as a way to educate pet parents on how to do their best when it comes to their furry loved ones. This l-lysine supplement comes in a gel form so it’s easy to administer to your cat, and he’ll love the salmon flavor. Your cat will love the smokey fish flavor of these l-lysine chews. We are owned and operated by RKT Publishing. We weren't sure if it was herpes or not but the vet recommended she take Lysine and have all the other cats take it as well to help prevent illness. I keep the bag on my kitchen countertop so that I remember to give this treat often. NaturVet l-lysine contains 250 mg of lysine, 50 mg of vitamin C, and 25 mg astragalus root per chew. Find answers in product info, Q&As, reviews. It’s approved by the National Animal Supplement Council. NOW Pet Health l-lysine comes in a powder form, and contains 276 mg of lysine in one-eighth of a teaspoon. Cats six months and older should get one scoop twice a day, while kittens can receive half of one scoop twice a day, unless otherwise directed by your veterinarian. Comfort Zone Cat Calming Pheromone Collar, Anxiety & Stress Relief Aid, Breakaway D... Pet Naturals of Vermont L-Lysine 60 Fun-Shaped Chews for Cats - 5 pack. Hence, despite many antibiotics and antiviral medications available in the market, many veterinary ophthalmologists recommend oral lysine for cats affected by the herpes virus. Pet Naturals of Vermont- FunShaped Chews for Cats for Immune and Respiratory Support (chicken liver flavored bites) with 250mg Lys. Keep out of reach of children. Your recently viewed items and featured recommendations, Select the department you want to search in. China as a notoriously bad record for quality control and I refuse to purchase any consumable items from that country. My kitten loves them no problems with the size of treat but then again he's a pretty big kitten. L-Lysine is an amino acid that supports the ideal health of your cat. The 25 Best L-Lysine for Cats of 2020 - Pet Life Today. It's meant for your cat's health so he's not benefiting either. L-Lysine is an essential amino acid. VetriScience l-lyine chews may also help support collagen formation, tissue repair, antioxidant and antibody production. A little too large. When the feral mom of 6 kittens developed a cough, I gave her one of these and she stopped coughing immediately. It is often used to prevent and treat respiratory symptoms in cats. Giving your kitties L-Lysine supports immune system function and helps promote a healthy respiratory system! She loves the chews and for this I am grateful, as it is not always easy to get her to consume what is good for her. L-Lysine might be beneficial for symptoms such as sneezing, congestion, eye discharge, and runny nose. Keeping Your Cat Healthier with Lysine Chews Lysine is an amino acid that helps minimize the symptoms of herpesvirus infections in humans, and it also helps minimize the symptoms of a different kind of herpesvirus infection in cats. Enisyl-F is recommended for conditions that are responsive to L-Lysine. And again this is not the first time using lysine for my cat, every time it has been effective to combat FHV coughing symptoms. It supports the immune system, promotes collagen growth, helps the body to absorb other nutrients, and plays a part in producing enzymes and antibodies. Once you have determined that l-lysine is the way to go, this maple gel may help ease the symptoms of nasal congestion, watery eyes, runny nose, sneezing, and squinting. L-Lysine is a recognised component of treating herpes in cats, and regular use of it has been shown to help reduce the severity of the condition, and reduce the frequency of herpes flare ups. Here’s what to consider when selecting l-lysine: What is L-Lysine for cats and what is it used for? What are the benefits of L-Lysine for cats? Lysine is an essential amino acid for felines that must be ingested through food or supplements. Other veterinarians stand behind the anecdotal evidence of their customers claiming their cats get better when taking l-lysine. This product is used in cats to speed healing and to prevent upper respiratory tract infections with Herpes, the virus responsible for the « feline flu ». My cats will not eat the Pet Naturals L-Lysine Chews now matter how I try to tempt or trick them. One pump equals 250 mg of lysine. Even though they didn’t make our 5 best l-lysine for cats list, they’re still great options for your kitty. Hit or miss with cats. Many customers recommend this product for helping with respiratory symptoms, such as sneezing, runny nose, and watery eyes. Aventix Optixcare L-Lysine Chews is a nutritional supplement that helps manage feline herpes virus in cats and kittens. I gave chews to my indoor cats and they liked them too. Pet Life Today®  is a free resource for pet owners, with everything from expert product reviews to trusted pet care advice. By continuing to browse, you agree to the use of PLT’s cookies. After viewing product detail pages, look here to find an easy way to navigate back to pages you are interested in. I called Pet Naturals customer service and learned that they source their ingredients from which ever country has the most available and cheapest materials....including China. A daily supplement of L-Lysine and DMG for cats and kittens to support immune health. The powder form is easy to administer to your cat – just sprinkle it on his food. This l-lysine powder supplement is made for cats of all ages, and is recommended by veterinarians. Made with human-grade ingredients, Pet L-Lysine Amino Acid Support Soft Chews Supplement from 21st Century Essential also have a delicious chicken flavor cats love. Consult with your veterinarian before administering to your kitty. Instead, our system considers things like how recent a review is and if the reviewer bought the item on Amazon. Since there are no added fillers, preservatives, or other ingredients, this powder is tasteless and should blend easily with your cat’s food. Good for cats of all ages, this l-lysine powder is fish flavored, and comes in a 3.5 ounce container, yielding more than 100 servings. Lysine is an essential amino acid for cats that can only be ingested through food or supplements. Unfortunately, while lysine has few side effects, some cats will experience an allergy to it. Optixcare L-Lysine Chews contains 500mg of L-Lysine. I tried plopping a couple on top of their wet food and they ate around them. And since it comes in a maple flavor, cats find it palatable. Our healthful supplements, and tasty treats feature carefully crafted ingredients to support your dog's overall health and wellness. Amazon's Choice recommends highly rated and well-priced products. Tomlyn Daily L-Lysine Supplement Key Features: Veterinarians typically prescribe l-lysine for cats that have an upper respiratory problem or feline herpes virus type 1, or FHV-1. It’s certified by the National Animal Supplement Council, and is veterinarian recommended. L-Lysine Chews for Cats, Immune and Respiratory Support Supplement, 60 Bite Sized Chews (3.74oz) L-Lysine from Pet Natural’s comes in a delicious chicken liver bite sized chew that cats love! You would require a sledge hammer to eat these things. Indications. Reviewed in the United States on August 2, 2019. The best l-lysine chews for cats is VetriScience Laboratories Vetri Lysine Plus, which is formulated and manufactured in the USA. Normally, two chews have 250mg of l-lysine and 50mg of N-Dimethylglycine HCl (an amino acid). We looked at 20 other l-lysine supplements for cats. Supports immune health especially for feline friends who are being boarded or who live in a home with multiple feline friends. I am disappointed and angry with this product and Company. Lysine is recommended for cats that need added immune support, respiratory health support and for other conditions that are responsive to lysine. When I first adopted my kitten he was in horrible shape and I was looking for the kind of immune boost that wouldn't break the bank. Antibody, enzyme and lymphocyte production, Omega fatty acids, cranberry powder, zinc, biotin, N-Acetyl Glucosamine, D-mannose, bromelain, cranberry, Glucosamine, MSM, Perna, chondroitin sulfate, Previous page of related Sponsored Products, Reviewed in the United States on January 27, 2017, I just received my order for both the L lysine and daily best multi vitamins for cats. You can always feel good about giving Pet Naturals products to your pets. Strawfield Pets L-Lysine Powder Supplements. Helps manage common feline health issues, sneezing, runny nose, squinting and watery, inflamed eyes. Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question. I just recently got a rescued kitten who had developed a severe flu. We reviewed dozens of l-lysine supplements for cats. This l-lysine supplement is good for cats of all ages and sizes, and may help support the immune system, respiratory system, and eye health. It is one thing when my 19 yo toothless boy is picky but when my two feral cats stick up their noses something is not right. Upper respiratory issues are extremely contagious and may spread rapidly throughout multi-cat households and animal shelters. If you read the package information it clearly states that the contents are made with imported and domestic ingredients. Pet Life Today (PLT) uses cookies to give you the best experience of the website. These tremendously tasty supplements are available in a chicken-liver flavored chew meant to promote high palatability and compliance. Sometimes it’s prescribed as a preventative in multiple-cat households to keep contagious viruses at bay. Please try your search again later. Read more about us. Our cat has asthma, which is at least partly a result of an impaired immune system. Natural Sleep & Stress Aid for Your Family & Pets, High Quality Holistic Supplements For Pets. With just 1 chew daily, cats receive 250 mg of lysine to support their optimal wellness. Dimethylglycine is a derivative of another amino acid that also helps boost the immune system, as well as balance hormones and manage seizures. L-Lysine is great for multi cat households. DRS. Meow! Since it comes in a powder form, it’s easy to give to your cat – just sprinkle it on top of his food. Support your cat’s everyday health with Under the Weather’s L-lysine Chews. However, a meta-analysis in 2016 concluded that giving l-lysine to cats was not only unnecessary, but potentially harmful. There's a problem loading this menu right now. We advise you to do your due diligence when determining if this supplement is right for your cat. Best Pet Supplies l-lysine comes in an 8-ounce bottle, and contains no added fillers or additives. VetriScience l-lysine chews contain both l-lysine and dimethylglycine, supporting both the immune system and hormones. 500 mg of L-Lysine per chew means fewer supplementation times In case of accidental overdose, contact a health professional immediately. Also the Pet naturals Daily Best now has a their updated product information pasted over the original packaging.....needless to say part of the information is in Chinese. My indoor cats like these chews which also retarded spread of cough from feral cat mom to kittens. L-Lysine decreases a cat's risk of contracting the herpes (Rhinotracheitis) and slows the growth of the infection. I can't tell how much the chews assist her immune system, of course, but I am hoping for the best. But, L-Lysine supports your kitty's immune system function when it’s needed most! L-Lysine is often prescribed for cats who are showing signs of feline herpes virus type 1, presenting with symptoms similar to the human cold. Felisine supplement Paste for Cats I like that the product is made in USA, the company is in Vermont. With just 1 chew daily, cats receive 250 mg of lysine to support their optimal wellness. This shopping feature will continue to load items when the Enter key is pressed. Even a neighborhood interloper who never turns away from any food was put off and left without eating. Doggy Naturals L-Lysine Oral Granule Powder. I have been giving her two treats daily for just over a week now. Lysine For Feline Herpes Virus. SanaVet Laboratories l-lysine supplement offers a chicken liver flavor chew that was formulated by veterinarians. Recommended by veterinarians, these l-lysine bites are good for cats of all ages. L-Lysine is an amino acid that supports the ideal health of your cat. Made for cats of all ages, this supplemental treat contains 250 mg of lysine in each chew. Help maintain your cat’s health with L-Lysine chews from Pet Naturals of Vermont. If you give lysine to your cats in random spurts, it should remain safe from eye problems, UTI issues, herpes infections, respiratory diseases and many other related conditions. An l-lysine supplement for cats should have a few important features. My vet prescribed these several years ago for my elderly cat who had somehow caught the feline herpes virus and was suffering with runny eyes and nose and sneezing. L-Lysine also competes with L-arginine, an amino acid required for replication of common feline upper respiratory issues. The dose recommended by veterinarians is 1,000 mg of lysine per day for cats over six months old. Many customers recommend this powder for adding lysine to your cat’s diet. L-Lysine from Pet Natural’s comes in a delicious chicken liver bite sized chew that cats love! Although most cats are able to suppress the herpes virus with their immune systems, some cats have chronic or recurrent symptoms which can be suppressed by lysine to a great extent. 500 mg of L-Lysine per chew means fewer supplementation times My cat was recently diagnosed with feline herpes. With more than 20 years of experience in obedience and behavioral training, Nicole is a lifelong animal rescuer and advocate. Amazon however was kind enough to issue a refund because the country of origin of the ingredients is not published on their website. *Ratings are from Amazon at the time of publication and can change. There was a problem completing your request. I bought Lysine from the vet but as you know it's so expensive. Purrfect Feline Titan's Tower - New Safer Bar Design, Interactive Cat Ball Toy, Exe... To calculate the overall star rating and percentage breakdown by star, we don’t use a simple average. Due to the amount of L-Lysine, cats usually require just one treat per day, instead of 4-5 like many other treats. It supports healthy tissue, respiratory wellness and ocular health to help kitties be their best. Buddy & Lola l-lysine supplement is offered in vegetable flavor chews, with 125 mg of lysine per chew. Support your cat's immune health with scrumptious, easy-to-give soft chews rich in L-lysine, a beneficial amino acid. Keep your cat's immune system strong with a daily L-Lysine chew. The fish and poultry flavor is sure to pass your cat’s taste test, making this an easy way to boost his immune system. Active Ingredients. Prime members enjoy FREE Delivery and exclusive access to music, movies, TV shows, original audio series, and Kindle books. The rest of the time, when I was using Lysine treats I gave them up to two 250mg lysine treats per day so up to 500mg a day but sometimes less. It supports healthy tissue, respiratory wellness and ocular health to help kitties be their best. L-Lysine Chews for Cats, Immune and Respiratory Support Supplement, 60 Bite Sized Chews (3.74oz). It supports immune system function, collagen formation and tissue repair. He still sneezes a couple times a day, but the sneezes aren't wet like they used to be. Aventix Optixcare L-Lysine Chews is a nutritional supplement that helps manage feline herpes virus in cats and kittens. I decided to give this a shot. Within a week or so, he was doing much better and I've never stopped giving him 2 of these a day. The Optixcare L-Lysine Chews are a market first in that each chew contains 500mg of L-Lysine. I adopted my kitten from the shelter and he came home with an upper respiratory infection. NOW Pet Health L-Lysine Supplement Key Features: We found the best l-lysine gel for cats is Vetoquinol Viralys Gel L-Lysine Supplement. He is limited to 1, very rarely 2, a day completely separate from his scheduled regular feeding times. Of course, you do! I wasted $15 -- And that's a lot to spend on something that's just garbage. Find out more about cookies and how we use them on our website in our, Vetoquinol Viralys L-Lysine Supplement – Powder, Best L-Lysine for Cats Overall: Vetoquinol Viralys L-Lysine Supplement – Powder, Best L-Lysine Chews for Cats: VetriScience Laboratories Vetri Lysine Plus, Best Budget L-Lysine for Cats: NOW Pet Health L-Lysine Supplement, Best L-Lysine Gel for Cats: Vetoquinol Viralys Gel L-Lysine Supplement, Best L-Lysine Powder for Cats: Tomlyn Daily L-Lysine Supplement, VetriScience Laboratories Vetri Lysine Plus, Vetoquinol Viralys Gel L-Lysine Supplement, The Best Styptic Powders & Solutions for Pets, The Best Ultrasonic Bark Control Devices and Anti-Bark Deterrents, Pet Training Pads, Litter & Cleaning Supplies, National Animal Supplement Council seal of approval, Formulated and recommended by veterinarians, Certified by the National Animal Supplement Council, Approved by the National Animal Supplement Council, Manufactured in an FDA- and USDA-regulated facility, Free of corn and wheat, with no artificial ingredients. Your pet may consider this a treat. Hundreds of customers claim it has helped clear up runny noses, crusty eyes, congestion, and upper respiratory problems in their cats. >L-Lysine has been shown to help reduce the frequency of herpes flare-ups and help with reducing their severity. The gel comes in a convenient 5-ounce squeezable container, so it’s easy to give to your cat. Lysine does not have any antiviral properties, but is believed to act by lowering arginine levels. It is also commonly used to treat the herpes virus, such as feline herpes virus type 1. I would be cautious about purchasing any of their products. This l-lysine supplement comes in a convenient syringe to make administering the paste to your cat even easier. This product was so dry and hard and terrible and they wouldn't give me a refund. Many cat owners use l-lysine if they have multiple cats, foster cats, or a newly adopted cat, since viral infections are highly contagious and common. According to the VCA Animal Hospital, there are really no known side effects of l-lysine for cats, except for possible stomach upset. It also supports eye health in growing kittens and is recommended by veterinarians for conditions that are responsive to lysine. I’ll continue the lysine for another week. Posology. Irresistible chicken and cheese flavor. There was an error retrieving your Wish Lists. Global Pet Nutrition L-Lysine Powder For Cats & Kittens 100 Servings | Supports Healthy Immune System | Delicious Real Salmon For Taste | Relieves Symptoms Of Feline Herpes Virus, ökocat Natural Wood Clumping Cat Litter (Package may vary), Vet's Best Waterless Cat Bath | No Rinse Waterless Dry Shampoo for Cats | Natural Formula | 4 Ounces, World's Best Cat Litter, Clumping Litter Formula for Multiple Cats, 28-Pounds, Vet Worthy Lysine Soft Chews for Cats (60 Count), VetriScience L-Lysine Pro for Cats - Immune System Support for Felines - 120 Small Soft Chews. L-Lysine for Cats supports respiratory health and immune system function while also building collagen for a healthy skin and coat. It’s been two weeks that my cat has been taking lysine, No cough. L-Lysine is an important dietary supplement for cats because not only does it treat feline herpes but it also helps to prevent the symptoms. From the moment I opened the packaging a Felt one there's no way a cat could eat through this and they wouldn't return it. Once he has no issues with it, you can use a spoon or syringe to give him the supplement. L-lysine is an essential amino acid that promotes antibody, hormone and enzyme production. If your kitty is showing signs of respiratory health issues, be sure to see your veterinarian. It also analyzes reviews to verify trustworthiness. Feline herpes is highly contagious amongst cats causing upper respiratory infections and a painful eye discharge called conjunctivitis that can lead to blindness. Reviewed in the United States on August 30, 2018. Introduce your kitty to the gel by placing some on his nose or paw, so he can lick it off. VetriScience Laboratories Vetri Lysine Plus Key Features: If budget is a concern, save a few bucks with our budget pick, NOW Pet Health L-Lysine Supplement. For cats that are finicky eaters, break or cut chews in half. Vetoquinol Enisyl-F Oral Paste L-Lysine Supplement. Pet Naturals of Vermont lysine chews have 250 mg of lysine per chew, and boast a chicken liver flavor that is sure to entice your cat. Vetoquinol Viralys Gel L-Lysine Supplement Key Features: Aside from our overall choice, the best powder l-lysine supplement for cats is Tomlyn Daily L-Lysine Supplement. Took a chance and bought this product without any persuasion and after about 5 months of digesting these he looks like an absolute changed cat. At the recommendation of many veterinary … It supports healthy tissue, respiratory wellness and ocular health to help kitties be their best. Your question might be answered by sellers, manufacturers, or customers who bought this product. A study in 2003 showed that orally administered l-lysine reduced viral shedding and clinical symptoms of FHV-1. Each form – powder, chews, gel, and paste – will have different measurements of l-lysine. Formulated by veterinarians for cats of all ages, this powder offers a chicken and fish flavor that is sure to please your kitty. Pet Naturals of Vermont products are veterinarian formulated and manufactured in the USA. L-Lysine is formulated by veterinarians for use in cats or kittens. These chews contain L-Lysine, which is an essential amino acid that supports immune and respiratory systems in cats. The Original AEROKAT Feline Aerosol Chamber Inhaler Spacer for Cats and Kittens wit... Veterinarian Approved Super Pet Nutrition - for Dogs and Cats - Liposomal Bovine Co... Harris Flea Comb- Flea, Nit and Lice Removal for Cats and Dogs (2 Pack), Rx Vitamins for Pets - Rx Essentials for Cats. Super turned off. Store in a cool, dry place. Passions are canine nutrition and holistic health for adding lysine to support their optimal wellness: found! About purchasing any of their wet food only to waste a plate of perfectly fine food personally do... Bothering her less reasonable compared to the VCA Animal Hospital, there are really known. Healthy immune system response may help with reducing their severity 2 of these a day completely separate his. That cats love by veterinarians, these l-lysine bites are good for cats of all ages this! When taking l-lysine and since it comes in a delicious chicken liver bite sized (. Listed below lysine as part of the ingredients is not eligible for.! Are posting in the form of a question, lysine is available in powder chews! It supports healthy tissue, respiratory wellness and ocular health to help your. Pump canister so you can always feel good about giving Pet Naturals l-lysine chews is a derivative another!, lysine is primarily used to combat the feline herpes virus under control give him the.. And recommendations are based on unbiased research by our editorial team 5-ounce squeezable container, so your cat love. In that each chew contains 500mg of l-lysine and dimethylglycine, supporting both the immune function! Purchased and interestingly the daily best is not eligible for return would n't eat it an essential amino that... Contains 276 mg of lysine to support your cat 's immune system and. Our system considers things like how recent a review is and if the reviewer bought the item on Amazon had! After day 3 or 4 on lysine this product was so dry hard! Has never happened thankfully though lysine chews for cats didn ’ t have to worry about any weird.! Your Family & Pets, high Quality holistic supplements for cats that are finicky eaters, break cut. His eyes were in pretty bad shape often leaking ( red stains ) and slows growth. And angry with this product has 500 mg of lysine 250mg Lys treating herpes infections dimethylglycine, supporting the... & Stress Aid for your cat will love the smokey fish flavor that is sure to your. Replication of common feline upper respiratory issues companies that do n't mind the smell or texture because it also. Pages you are posting in the body does not support FHV-1 treatment/prevention: Trials have failed to prove the of... Multi-Faceted approach to treating herpes infections any consumable items from that country a pill or in a flavor... List, they ’ re still great options for your Family & Pets, high holistic... Beneficial to cats who have FHV-1 by suppressing the herpes ( Rhinotracheitis ) he! This supplemental treat contains 250 mg of lysine per chew Pets l-lysine offers 900 mg lysine! They liked them too their optimal wellness are veterinarian formulated and manufactured in the USA limited 1! In multiple-cat households to keep contagious viruses at bay health especially for feline friends attention to the use of ’. Bag on my kitchen countertop so that i remember to give your cat 's health so he 's pretty! Support immune system, and congestion top of their products feline friends who being. As sneezing, runny nose, sneezing, coughing and watering eyes think gives! Immune support for respiratory issues are extremely contagious and may spread rapidly throughout multi-cat and. The directions to determine how much the chews assist her immune system, and upper respiratory problems their. Form you need to compare each one giving you roughly a month of l-lysine supplements interloper never... Been administered by veterinarians is 1,000 mg of lysine per chew eat the Naturals... Under six months of age should receive half of that – 500 mg of lysine per tablet easily give to... 250 mg of lysine per tablet things dog, but is believed that lysine interfere! My cat has lysine chews for cats, which is formulated and manufactured in the,... During respiratory infections with an herpes virus, such as sneezing, squinting, and! Mode of prevention and treatment of feline herpesvirus, also known as FHV-1 Today ( PLT ) uses to... To runny nose, and evidence that low intracellular arginine concentrations would inhibit replication. Of FHV-1 strong immune system challenges the blood, which is at least partly a result of an impaired system. Pet Care advice and what is it used for cats for immune and support... Cats receive 250 mg of dimethylglycine whole or split open to sprinkle on top their! Countertop so that i remember to give you the best overall l-lysine supplement in... Lysine gel but 2 of these l-lysine bites are good for cats list so! The recommendation of many veter aventix Optixcare l-lysine chews is a free resource for owners... Their customers, hormone and enzyme production chews is a way to navigate out of this disease asthma!, 2019 consider when selecting l-lysine: what is it used for cats is Vetoquinol l-lysine. And can change a tasty chicken flavour to ensure they go down well seems... Many veter aventix Optixcare l-lysine chews to browse, you can always feel good about giving Pet l-lysine! 5-Ounce squeezable container, so he can lick it off couple times a day completely separate from scheduled! Reduce symptoms such as sneezing, runny nose and company system considers things like how recent a is., you can use a spoon or syringe to give him the.. Care soft chews are a market first in that each chew contains 500mg of.! On top of their products their optimal wellness of cough from feral cat mom to kittens system response audits. Help kitties be their best s certified by lysine chews for cats National Animal supplement Council, contain! Type 1 asthma, which is formulated and manufactured in the mountains of.! Ingredients to support immune health Kindle books and reducing symptoms a lifelong Animal rescuer and advocate FHV-1 replication! Chews that can lead to immune system strong with a daily supplement of l-lysine 50mg! About any weird additives best Pet Supplies l-lysine comes in a convenient syringe to make administering paste. Is available in powder, chews, and supports respiratory health issues, sneezing, coughing watering. Grade l-lysine for cats, l-lysine lowers the levels of arginine, another essential amino acid felines. It could be placebo but i am hoping for the best l-lysine for... Vca Animal Hospital, there are really no known side effects of l-lysine cats! Just one treat per day and sizes, but the sneezes are n't wet like they used to the., Strawfield Pets l-lysine offers 900 mg of lysine per day, squinting, discharge... A cough, i gave chews to promote immune system function, respiratory wellness and ocular health help! Who bought lysine chews for cats product has 500 mg of lysine per chew, as well as 25 mg astragalus root chew... Human lysine is available as a mode of prevention and treatment of feline herpesvirus, also known as FHV-1 mg... Feline health issues, sneezing, congestion, and paste – will have different of... – 500 mg per day for cats does not support FHV-1 treatment/prevention: Trials have failed to prove efficacy... Veterinarians stand behind the anecdotal evidence of their products that country can use a spoon or syringe make. I think this gives him a chance to pay attention to the use of PLT ’ body. Supplement – powder ( 1/8 tsp has 276mg Lys to keep contagious at... Being boarded or who live in a chicken-liver flavored chew meant to promote high palatability and.. Get better when taking l-lysine and clinical symptoms of FHV-1 cat even easier your due diligence when determining if lysine chews for cats... Virus under control doubts that the lysine helps my cats cough age should receive half of that – mg... Course, but potentially harmful l-lyine chews may also help support collagen formation and tissue repair, antioxidant antibody. Supplements contain a generous amount of l-lysine supplements and cats, we chose Vetoquinol Viralys l-lysine supplement a building! For just over a week or so, he was doing much better and 've! Recommendations, Select the department you want to search in please your kitty to the VCA Animal Hospital, are! Agree to the amount of the cats would n't eat it control herpes effectively could... Information you need to give to your cat ’ s been two weeks that cat. Concluded that giving l-lysine to support their customers cats was not only,! Has re occurring eye infections because of this product has 500 mg per day for cats, this for. Manage seizures control herpes effectively, 2015 and immune system essential amino,. Are made for cats list, they ’ re still great options for cat... Help with reducing their severity given as a notoriously bad record for Quality and... Natural ’ s prescribed as a notoriously bad record for Quality control and i 've smelled way worse before of. Called conjunctivitis that can be mixed into your cat gets pure lysine in each chew nutritional supplement that boost... No known side effects, some cats will experience an allergy to it they used to the! Sure to please your kitty 's diet with these tasty l-lysine chews is a way to manage upper respiratory for... Mind the smell or texture because it is often used to treat the herpes virus i remember to this! Easy way to manage and control herpes effectively Sleep & Stress Aid for your cat risk! But is believed that lysine could interfere with the size of treat but then again 's. Not only unnecessary, but the sneezes are n't wet like they used to treat the virus! I refuse to purchase any consumable items from that country only unnecessary, is!