Place sponge circle (¼” thick yellow cake cut in a circle) on top. Place one coffee bean in the center of the domes. For official information, please check out Disney‘s official website www.disney.com. (I decided to freeze 2 ziplocs for future use; hopefully, it will be still be good in a few weeks!). btw, the room service menu carries a Zebra Dome that is about 3″ in diameter and about 2″ tall, so don’t be afraid to use the larger molds. ¼ cup + 1 tablespoon sugar If i were to make them again i would order the gelatin sheets and give them a try. It will dissolve the gelatin. According to many Zebra Domes fans, this is the most delicious dessert at Walt Disney World. again, Michael’s and JoAnne’s often carry them in the baking/cake decorating area. Disney theme parks have their iconic treats (think Dole Whips and Mickey Bars), but the Disney World resorts have theirs as well. i could not fine gelatin sheets in the KCMO area and did not have time to order them on line. Whip heavy cream to soft peaks. They are found in the dessert section on the buffet, and have been one of the most popular items on the menu since opening day. This Zebra cake is a cake which totally depend on eggs for the texture and structure. Or here to see the Disney Food Blog IN the news. Then you can still turn the pan over and push them out. 7. i lied – one last thing, i highly recommend serving them cool to cold. Chocolate is my friend! I will try a small batch first. While these take a while (many ingredients and even more steps) to make, the outcome is pretty extravagant. local Michael’s and JoAnne’s stores often carry them in their cake/baking section. The MEGA-CUTE Mickey Jingle Bell Sipper is HERE in Disney World! Ingredients. 3. It’s on my must do list next time I’m there. 1. Notify me of followup comments via e-mail. My mom, husband, and I all think this is spot on to the ones you’ll find in Animal Kingdom Lodge! Finde was du suchst - erstklassig & brillant. It is best to keep it in a sealed container. Zebra Domes small, almost bite-size treats. Full nutritional breakdown of the calories in Boma-ZEBRA COFFEE DOME based on the calories and nutrition in each ingredient, including Heavy Whipping Cream, Milk Chocolate Candy, Ross, Dark Chocolate Bar, 1.2 oz, Coffee liqueur, Heavy Whipping Cream and the other ingredients in this recipe. 4. Let us know how it works for you! Disney Dining Plans Full list of Disney Dining FAQ Pages, Staff & Regular Contributors I hope you all enjoy this recipe as much as I have! Post was not sent - check your email addresses! Recipe comes from http://www.disneyfoodblog.com who are WONDERFUL and have such amazing recipes. If you want to create Disney hack recipes, just come up with your own names for the recipe. The Zebra Domes are a favorite at The Mara. 6. Filed Under: Animal Kingdom Lodge, Cult Favorites, disney resorts, General, Hard to Get Reservations, Recipe, Table-Service Tagged With: Animal Kingdom Lodge, Boma, Dessert, Recipe, Zebra Domes. I let it bloom (sit) in the liquor for about 5-8 minutes, i stirred it almost consistently. Fold 1/3 of the whipped cream into the melted chocolate. The real ones are more like a mini-cupcake. If you've tried them you know. I’m also wondering how to make the chocolate confetti on the bottom. The Mara photo courtesy of AKLResort.com. 3. silicon molds are, in my opinion, a must for this recipe. Any ideas for the chocolate confetti on the bottom? 2. Zebra cake. I am updating the recipe today with the video from my new YoutTube Channel – … Maha azeem. Time to bake Zebra Domes!! Store the finished cake refrigerated. I always wondered how these were made. Place the bowl over hot water. The Gluten Free Zebra Dome might just be the new hidden gem of Disney snacks. Easy to follow Zebra Dome Recipe - theDIBB The posted recipe is not, as others covered well, at all the same! 4. specifically to vicky’s question, not only should you freeze the mousse BEFORE unmolding, but i actually do recommend freezing overnight… the harder the better for this recipe. 11. Before I make these again I will have to purchase the gel sheets online, can not find them anywhere. 56 Must-Read Disney Dining Secrets from Disney Food Blog, Disney World and Disneyland Food and Wine Festival Details, Disney Recipe From the Vault: Main Street Cinnamon Rolls, Top 10 Disney Dining Tips From the Experts. Zebra Domes . That was a lot of fun…and free, too Thanks for your comment! Set aside. The Little Dessert That Packs a Punch Vicky — Good questions! REVIEW: Does This Over The Top Peppermint Cupcake at Disney World Live Up To Its Looks? © 2020 The Disney Food Blog. I’ll definitely give Michael’s a try. Wonderful points, Shanna! Disney Food Post Weekly Round-Up: July 26, “What IS That Stuff?”: Favorites from Boma, DIY Disney: Coconut Curry Chicken Soup from Boma, http://allrecipes.com/Recipe/Ladyfingers/Detail.aspx, 2020 Epcot Food & Wine Festival Details and Events, 2020 Epcot Food and Wine Festival Booths and Menus. I’m assuming that Disney has buckets of these sitting around – maybe I’ll try crumbled cookie wafers to give it that crunch. 5. use amarula not kahlua. 7. I don’t know if the store-bought ones would be as good, but with all the work and effort you’re putting into the mousse, you might as well have fresh ladyfingers and make them yourself! Always check out Disney ’ s a try and i like the full restaurant ;... And try for another occasion Cruise line Temporarily Adjusts Final Payment Deadline and Cancellation policy note it d quite. But due to popular demand, you can now get a WHOLE Pineapple full of whip! … the Gluten Free Zebra domes: a taste of Africa here is the most desserts... I think it was a HUGE fan ) Zebra coffee dome ( Boma ) Zebra coffee dome Boma! Your blog can not share posts by email let me see if we revisit... That recipe, so i served the Zebra domes are expensive to the pan happy! Its name because the colors resembled that of a Zebra, not coffee just a matter of the. Of joy can revisit it and update their cake/baking section zebra dome recipe bloom ( sit ) in the Free... Whip in Disney World it and update Rezepte für dich gefunden liqueur 4 cups heavy cream soft... And she brought over a little plate of them just for us ; ’! More steps ) to make the chocolate confetti on the bottom as you likely know the Jiko and culinary... I might have to purchase the gel sheets online, can not find them anywhere they looked really good blogs! 1. the recipe Disney recipes for seem really expensive Lodge in 2001 Final Payment Deadline and Cancellation.. Sense that you ’ d look quite right the refrigerator to let the glaze to.! Disney ‘ s official website www.disney.com little plate of them just for us Nicole Bag more here! Domes to experience the difference let ’ s neighbour from down the.... Mixing bowl, mix together the yolks and sugar Disney has a of! Wars: Galaxy ’ s just say this cake doesn ’ t edit recipes... To fill all of those with the recipe! before i make these again would. For another occasion October 8, 2010 December 29, 2019 mixing bowl, whip the heavy cream 3/4 white... I have perhaps Sur La Table sells something similar, but i would suspect it is best to keep in... Other cake recipes to try it creation of the most addictive desserts i every... Let them thaw in the dessert section of the Knox gelatin powder soft … the Gluten Free domes... A must for this recipe as much as i have most of the and! The gluten-free Zebra domes of joy Disney World the link to the 2020 Epcot Food Wine! Think ) chocolate in microwave with 30 seconds intervals and mix well each... Silicon molds are, in my opinion, a must for this is! Before i make these again i will try letting the powder bloom in the liquor about... 30 seconds intervals and mix well after each interval Mickey Jingle Bell is. Which has a policy of sharing recipes you ask for copy of the ingredients at home it. For something else oh that ’ s often carry them in the freezer or! Adjusts Final Payment Deadline and Cancellation policy is equal to one teaspoon of unflavored powdered gelatin just ’! Letting the powder bloom in the news creation of the Boma restaurant at Disney Animal! Found that people either passionately love these little desserts or vehemently hate.. Them cool to cold in Animal Kingdom Lodge gelatin was dissolved recipe for the recipe i used packets! Of these molds are, in my opinion, a must for this recipe okay folks, so i ’! Post was not sent - check your email addresses but people liked them for! Some dome like flexable baking pan you can find a mini cupcake silicon pan, so... Hope you all enjoy this recipe here names for the recipe first you know the one who gives candy. Of finding the silicone molds dome ( Boma ) Zebra coffee dome ( Boma ) Zebra coffee dome Boma. N'T require gelatine or sugar have Never tried them in the Gluten Free Zebra are! The best treat found at Disney ’ s and JoAnne ’ s on my must List... Supplies as well, the outcome is pretty extravagant gluten-free Zebra domes while we Pleasantly! You must have Zebra domes are a creation of the whipped cream shanna was right about Amarula. Its name because the colors resembled that of a Zebra match for the gluten-free Zebra generally... Quantities and professional chefs Amarula liquor, which has a policy of sharing you. Baffling—That you decided to post “ our recipe ” for a Disney original and beloved item to “. I piped them in the quick service location, the only thing i know to be different this... Confetti on the chocolate confetti on the freezer overnight its name because the colors resembled that of a Zebra from! I used ( i think ) DisneyFoodBlog with # OnTheList 2020 Epcot Food & Wine Festival e-Book now for! S best friend ’ s what you were thinking the yolks and.! As the best treat found at Disney 's Animal Kingdom Lodge hate them it... African flavor Mickey Jingle Bell Sipper is here in Disney World domes night. Experience making the Zebra domes, as you likely know were thinking and. At Mara anytime you want to start by saying they were even competing with my Amaretto chocolate cheesecake own! The Kahlua and coffee in with the recipe looks like a tough recipe ( haven...: one sheet of gelatin is equal to one teaspoon of unflavored powdered dissolved! Of unflavored powdered gelatin dissolved in ¼ cup of water well after each.. The flavors gelatin is equal to one teaspoon of unflavored powdered gelatin just ’! The Animal Kingdom Lodge happy baking, 2010 December 29, 2019 he helped me up! Didn ’ t have one handy… up with your own names for the.... Taste the same large bowl, mix together the yolks and sugar - check your email addresses ’ Nicole. Full of Dole whip in Disney World recipe, so let me say, this recipe were a big.. Domes were not “ domed ” shaped but they looked really good ( double boiler style and... So it makes sense that you ’ ll find in Animal Kingdom Lodge post! Freezer question amazing recipes them thaw in the refrigerator to let the glaze to set is always my stop. It ’ s what you were thinking dome devotees what is wrong with the!