Best regards. It has entirely replaced wood filler for me and I would reach for this product any day over wood filler. PC Products. You will have to scrape it off and re-do the fix. The hardener is a milky liquid that dries clear. Then I immediately went out to buy BONDO. I use bondo for cabinet stuff and PC wood for playfield. This home solutions wood filler from 3M comes from a brand name that consumers can trust. As with any other epoxy, both the consolidant and the best exterior wood filler consist of two parts, the resin (part A) and the hardener (part B). The hardener is a milky liquid that dries clear. PC-Woody 6-oz Tan Wood Stabilizer. Repeatedly saturate the rotted wood fibers to enable the deepest possible penetration. Wood filler also doesn’t cure or harden well enough in my experieince. Bondo® Wood Filler is a permanent, fully paintable repair material for a broad range of projects inside and outside the home. Joined Jul 25, 2002 Messages 1,404 Reaction score 53 Location Massachusetts. PC wood is nice because there's no odor, but it doesn't sand as nice as Bondo. Unlike Minwax or Bondo wood repair epoxy putty, which both harden very quickly, Woody's gives you plenty of time to apply and "tool' the mixed putty. Preparing decay zones for epoxy repair: My method uses a HEPA vacuum along with a 90° auto mechanic’s pick pulled across the grain. This epoxy is made from real wood and has many characteristics of wood. If you’re hesitant, this step-by-step repair will demystify the process. Best Wood Filler for Decks: PC-Wood Repair Epoxy Paste This is one of the best wood filler for decks and comes in two containers, blend the two and it creates a 2-part epoxy paste. While most folks, when talking about household tasks, use the terms “wood filler” and “wood putty” as one and the same. Thank you! I repaired some deeper scratches and a broken corner (left side) with Bondo on this LA Period Nightstand. Inevitably, wooden corners in and around your home will get chipped and damaged. This product does have a smell so work in a well ventilated area. It is a liquid that is brushed, sprayed or injected into the pores of the wood. This video shows application and the full process how I prep pieces for paint. Bondo is easy to handle but some people say it could melt your brain. I entirely stopped using wood filler a few years ago. Stay tuned for the first newsletter in the morning, straight to your inbox. I would consider it the best wood filler ever. PC Woody. PC Products. Would "Plastic Wood" (brand) work for you? The wood fillers and epoxies were all mixed and applied according to the manufacturer’s specifications. Aug 18, 2011 #1 I'm about to repair a couple of Nintendo cabs I have. While common wood filler may work for repairs inside your home, exterior repairs often require something that will stand up to the elements better. Take the wood hardener and identify the softwood patch you need to repair. Sandable, Stainable & Paintable. Here are the Top 6 Reviewed, 5 Best Hiking Boots Reviews for Men/Women – Most Durable & Comfortable, 10 Best Hand Blender Reviews: Super Fast and Easy-to-use Kitchen Gadgets, 5 Best Solar Charger Reviews for a Mobile Device That is Quick and Portable, 8 Best Garden Trowel Reviews: Versatile Tools for Gardening and More, 5 Best Soil Test Kits for Your Garden or Lawn – Reviews and Buying Guide, 6 Best Garage Heater Reviews: The Most Economic and Warm Heaters, 9 Best Water Filter Reviews: How to Enjoy Clean Filtered Water at Home, 8 Best Hatchet Reviews: Your Best Bushcraft Buddy for Outdoor Survival, 7 Best Heat Lamp Reviews: Create a Cozy Habitat for Baby Animals, 6 Best Gardening Shoes, Clogs, and Boots for Your Daily Gardening Tasks, 9 Best Electric Egg Cooker Reviews: Easy to Use Eggalicious Gadgets, 8 Best Oven Mitts Reviews: Protective Cooking Tools for Your Safety, 7 Best Scroll Saws to Create Superb Speciality Cuts, 9 Best Mechanical Pencils for High Precision Writing and Sketching, 5 Best Rain Barrel Reviews – Buying Guide and Recommendation, 6 Best Pond Pumps: High-Quality Pond, Fountain and Aquarium Pumps, 7 Best Camping Axe Reviews: Handy Survival Tool for Outdoor Adventures, 7 Best Thermos Flask Reviews: Convenient On-the-go Beverage and Food Containers, 7 Best Garden Hoe for Weeding & Heavy Duty – Product Reviews, Best Potting Soil for Any Plant – Buying Guide and Recommendation, 7 Best Deck Stain Reviews: Create Beautiful Long-Lasting Timber Surfaces, Fill small or large gaps between your floorboards and skirting boards, Smooth wood grain so that is ready to be painted or stained, Act as an adhesive to bond surfaces together, Repair ceramics, concrete, metal, and fiberglass surfaces, Also available as an indoor and indoor filler, Can crack and crumble if used to fill large holes, Kit contains an epoxy wood filter and a hardener, Fills and rebuilds missing sections of wood, Can be sanded, painted, stained, drilled, carved, sawed, nailed, and machined, Ideal for furniture restorers and cabinet makers, Curing time for inside repairs will depend on temperature, Can be used for a wide range of applications, Accepts stain and paint more naturally than other wood filler products, Fast drying in 15 minutes to a light tan color, Can be sanded, drilled, sawed, painted or stained in 25 minutes, Two-part epoxy system formulated for wood bonding and repairs, Ideal for woodworking, furniture, and home repairs, Provides a lasting permanent bond that is stronger than wood, Can be shaped, tapped, filed, sanded and drilled, painted and stained, If the temperature is below 40°F, the curing time will be longer, Fast drying time does not allow for adjustments, Permanently repairs, rebuilds, and restores damaged or rotted wood, Durable wood filler that will not shrink or crack, Can also be used on ceramics, concrete, metal, and fiberglass, Ideal for large restoration or repair projects, Highly resistant to sunlight, mold, dry rot, chemicals in fresh and saltwater, High viscous composition does not sag or drip, Permanently bonds to wood and looks like real wood, Can be sanded, hammered, drilled, screwed, stained and painted, Longer drying time allows for shaping and adjustments, Thick consistency can be difficult to get out of the tub, Can be used for scratches, cracks, and holes, Specially designed for interior repair jobs, Takes nails, screws, planing, sawing, drilling, and routing, Will not become permanent unless you apply a finish, Fast drying time may not be ideal for some applications, Use only stainless steel or plastic tools to apply the filler. You can see how I mix mine in the video. If you sand or take off an original finish but don’t want the wood grain showing through your painted finish this can hide that. Buy Now Amazon.com. … PC-Woody is a permanent wood You can paint or stain the epoxy and the repair should be invisible. Doesn’t dry very hard and can be easily dented and stay malleable with larger repairs. This is because of their high penetrating power. Primer may be needed to cover the dark red color so it doesn’t show through the paint. I entirely stopped using wood filler a few years ago. Sandable, Stainable & Paintable. If you are looking for an effective way to repair your wood, then this product is the answer. PC-Petrifier® Rotted Wood Hardener repairs wood damaged by insects or rot. Your email address will not be published. Elmer’s E855 3.25-inch Carpenter’s Wood Filler Tube, Abatron WoodEpox 2 Quart Kit, Part A & B Epoxy Wood Replacement Compound, J-B Weld 1.52-ounce WoodWeld Wood Epoxy Adhesive, Minwax 12-ounce High-Performance Wood Filler, Protective Coating P.C. It usually comes as a two-part formula that needs to be mixed and has a quick drying time of about 6 minutes, depending on the brand, and a longer curing time of 1-3 hours. Pinning is welcome! Wood filler vs. wood putty . In the photo above I used a white cream hardener so the color just looks gray instead of pink. PC-Woody is an epoxy paste formulated to replace missing and rotted wood. Be sure to watch the video to see me actually mixing and using Bondo on our exterior shutters. I need a product that will withstand the wear and tear that those areas see. Bondo works well for some people. Is Timbermate ok, I have lung cancer and cannot use bondo. Unlike Minwax or Bondo wood repair epoxy putty, which both harden very quickly, Woody's gives you plenty of time to apply and "tool' the mixed putty. This can be done in basically 2 ways. Jan 14, 2020 - Amazon.com: Bondo Brown Wood Filler 1 qt. 3M Bondo Home Solutions Wood Filler. PC Products Wood Repair Epoxy. « Guest Bathroom Demo | One Room Challenge Week 2, Bathroom Tile Install | One Room Challenge Week 3 ». The glazing putty dries relatively quickly and I find it is best for surface scratches and small dings. Accordingly, Bondo is a very stiff product when cured, which makes it well designed for auto bodies. Features. If enough hardener isn’t mixed in it will not properly cure. Most wood fillers aren’t as smooth as Bondo and some have bits of wood dust in them which make it hard to get a smooth, even fill that doesn’t look dimpled. A Sherwin Williams employee recommended it to me. This epoxy is made from real wood and has many characteristics of wood. Item #29910. Compare; Find My Store. Usually I resort to paint when there are furniture repairs. More Info and Images. The people that make PC Woody make PC Petrifier that does a great job. Sanding before it’s fully dry will result it it gumming up the sandpaper. There are some differences between the two products: Most notably, Bondo is marketed for a speedy repair and can be sanded in 15 minutes and painted in 25. 4 Posts . Bondo Home Solutions Wood Filler, Sandable in 15 min, 1.9 lbs with 1 oz Hardener $ 19.50 in stock . It is not recommended to mix PC-Woody® in teaspoon size increments or smaller, simply because of the likelihood of an ‘off-ratio’ mix. BANZ 00585 DAP Latex Wood … No mixing. The good: it’s water based and doesn’t have strong odors. Most wood fillers aren’t as smooth as Bondo and some have bits of wood dust in them which make it hard to get a smooth, even fill that doesn’t look dimpled. It did not color the wood and it turned really well. as of January 7, 2021 5:09 am . Shop PC Products PC-Woody 12-oz Dries Tan Multi-Surface Repair in the Surface Repair department at Lowe's.com. The other things this can do is minimize or hide open wood grain. _________________________________________________________________. Is there a preference and why. If you have questions or want to share the products you use of furniture repairs, leave them in the comments. J-B Weld 8257 KwikWood Wood Repair; 8. Be sure to follow the manufacturers directions for mixing and application. To fill wood, you need a product that is specifically designed to bend and flex the way wood does. Hope this helps. Item #188558. This works out really well when you are covering a larger area or one that requires more time for "detailing". Wood filler also doesn’t cure or harden well enough in my experieince. This epoxy is made from real wood and has many characteristics of wood. Discussion Starter • #1 • Jun 11, 2012. Interior/Exterior Wood Filler can be sanded, stained, painted, varnished, drilled, nailed and … PC-Woody 48-oz Dries Tan Multi-Surface Repair. PC-Woody is a permanent wood repair for interior and exterior applications. Alternatively, try an epoxy based wood filler, such as PC Woody Wood repair. PC Products. PC Products PC-Woody Wood Repair Epoxy Paste; 2. PC-Woody 12-oz Dries Tan Multi-Surface Repair. Have been going to try immersion soaking with possible vacuum of some pen blanks but never get to it. The glazing putty does take longer to dry than wood putty, no doubt, but warmer temperatures help. Step Three. Purchase more hardener separately because the combo kit only comes with a small tub that will not be enough for the whole can of filler. The thing I love about the glazing putty is that it sands smooth like glass! Apr 02, 2010, 08:46 PM #5; Brooks. This product gives more structure and you can rebuild chunked corners and large gouges. Remember, you don't always have to leave putty unfinished. 3M Bondo Home Solutions Wood Filler ; 5. If you have to use it, be sure to wear a mask with carbon filters, and a good dust mask when you sand. If you have to use it, be sure to wear a mask with carbon filters, and a good dust mask when you sand. If you have enough hardener in the mix, the mixture will start setting in a few seconds….I just kept working it in until the mixture hardened and stopped running. Damp and Dizzy member. Bondo is a little more costly, but as you’ll discover below, well worth it for the time it saves and the durability it provides! While it may have initially been designed specifically for … That same rigidity makes it a terrible choice to fill wood, which can move a lot with seasonal changes due to temperature and moisture content. I'm wondering what everyone uses to fill holes and patch on previously painted exterior wood. It sands to a perfectly smooth surface when applied correctly. Ceilings, Walls & Tiles. Personally I haven't noticedanythoingna anarg nargh i@1kk ^*snarfth Timbermate Maple/Beech/Pine Hardwood Wood Filler; 9. Save my name, email, and website in this browser for the next time I comment. If you have small repair jobs to do, Elmer’s … I believe a big reason is the fillers in it that bond to the surface and bond all the ingredients together. It comes in a quart with a cream hardener that you mix together before application. Bondo Home Solutions Wood Filler, Sandable in 15 min, 1.9 lbs with 1 oz Hardener $ 19.50 in stock . Why? Bondo Rotted Wood Restorer VS. Minwax high performance wood hardenerReviewversus PC-Woody 48-oz Dries Tan Multi-Surface Repair. Interior Exterior, Waterproof, Non Solvent, Permanent Repair in Natural Wood Colour. It resists dry rot, mildew, freshwater, saltwater, and UV light to hold up against different weather conditions and environments. Most wood fillers aren’t as smooth as Bondo and some have bits of wood dust in them which make it hard to get a smooth, even fill that doesn’t look dimpled. Woody Epoxy Paste, What is the Best Shovel for Digging? Minwax 42853000 Stainable Wood Filler; 7. Things like corners and edges of furniture that see wear and stress don’t last. This wood filler is suitable for vertical filling. It has a high resistance against cracking and has no shrinkage. PC Products 84113. Then I immediately went out to buy BONDO. A 1-quart can of Bondo Wood Filler with hardener costs about $14. Item #188558. It is also great as the final fill over the Bondo Body Filler. I find about a 1:3  ratio of hardener to filler works the best. PC-Woody formulation provides extended working time, for large and critical jobs, which allows the user time to reposition work or make changes. Directions: Area to be treated must be dry, free of dirt, dust and grease. PC Products PC-Woody Wood Repair Epoxy Paste. Generously apply PC-Petrifier® by pouring, spraying, brushing or sponging onto area to be restored. Please connect with our product and application support team at 877.666.2277 M-F 8am-4:30pm CT. It just doesn’t perform like I need it to. Decayed Wood Stabilizer seals and solidifies dry spoiled wood to forestall further wood harm in one simple coat. This large section of wood rot will be repaired with new wood and Bondo. If you are looking for an effective way to repair your wood, then this product is the answer. There are stainable wood filler products for wood furniture repairs where that surface will be stained.