To make the repair, a screwdriver and pliers are necessary. just plugged in my model number, found the drawings of the model. To determine if the start switch is defective, use a multimeter to test it for continuity. Remember to to unplug your dryer from the wall first!!!. GE Dryer Start Switch. My rotary start switch has 3 wire connects 2 on top 1 on bottom. Not Canadian? Hello Stewart, thank you for writing. Find great deals on eBay for ge dryer start switch and we4m519. We would recommend testing the Rotary Start Switch PartSelect Number: PS268305, high limit thermostat PartSelect Number: PS267900 and the PartSelect Number: PS2344321 door switch. These parts can be tested with a multimeter to determine if they are bad. Add To Cart. ". Switch will rotate and dryer turns on, but as soon as the switch is released, the dryer turns off. Start switch was stuck in the on position always leaving dryer running until you moved timer switch to off or opened door. Removed screws from top of operating panel. We're showing that they snap into the plastic tabs on the inner part of the backsplash-part# WE19M1490-white, or part# WE19M1491-bisque. Is this a rotary start switch, i did open the dryer and manually press the white button like the door of the dryer normally would if closed and i saw some sparks of electricity. GE Dryer Rotary Switch. 113 of 197 people found this instruction helpful. The rotary start switch reg is constructed of metal and plastic, and is made for use with many dryer appliances. Dryer would not stay off after door was opened and closed. Install new switch in reverse order of removal. Washer - remove 4 screws (phillips)on the back of the panel, slide it sidways slightly and pull forward to release. 16 of 24 people found this instruction helpful. Is this fixable and how? DRYER ROTARY START SWITCH. Hi my dryer will not start when i turn the knob,maybe it is the thermal fuse?.thank you. 14 of 15 people found this instruction helpful. Keep searches simple. WARNING: Cancer and Reproductive Harm www.P65Warnings.ca.gov. Sorry, we couldn't find any existing reviews that matched. The Drive Belt Part Number: WE12M29, and the Idler Pulley Wheel Part Number: WE12X83 that the belt rides on, as well as the Rotary Start Switch Part Number: WE4M519, Interlock Switch Part Number: WD21X10261 as well as the Door Switch Part Number: WE4M415. Removed/sliced out the start switch by hand. Okay so i purchased the rotary start switch and as i tried to remove the 3rd wire i see that there is some sort of Green rust on it that's making it hard to remove from the defective rotary switch. If it does not show continuity when the switch is depressed, then you will want to change it out WE4M415.... show more. Using the instructions on this Web site I took the top panel of the dryer off (after unplugging it), unplugged two wires leading from the switch (needed pliers for this), and removed the switch unit by rotating it counterclockwise (when behind it). … I called a appliance service who told me the problem is one of two issues: (1) the rotary starter switch is worn out or the fuse is bad. thank you so very much for helping me. Part Number: WE04X10094. Error occurred, please verify your email and try again. I have a GE dpsr473ew0ww dryer when i try to set the time i hear a buzzing sound and it only turns off if the dryer door is open or if i have to timer in the off position. Rotary mementary twist-to-start GE Dryer start switch. We have had the GE washer and dryer for many years without any issues. Just followed the installation video. These items are shipped from and sold by different sellers. First of all I am NOT a do-it-yourself handyman. The original switch and the new switch operate the same. The double red that comes from the timer and another that comes from the cycle select. This part works with the following brands: General Electric, Hotpoint. I got the part only two days after I had ordered it. Sorry, we couldn't find any existing answers that matched. Once I had the part I simply removed the back from the dryer with a screwdriver (5 phillips head screws and 1 flat head). Comparison shop for Ge dryer rotary start switch, GE Washers & Dryers in Appliances. Based on the model number provided this would be the correct start switch. Hello Kenneth, Thank you for your inquiry. Remove 3 knobs at front of panel. The switch is secured to the back panel, allowing the user to (de)active the dryer. Buy the selected items together. item 2 GE Dryer Start Switch 572D434P008 2 - GE Dryer Start Switch 572D434P008. remove 1 nut on timer, rotate timer to release. Plastic stem that the knob attaches to, broke off. On the start switch, the knob and the shaft are broken. Unplug the dryer or turn off the circuit breaker delivering power to it, whichever is easiest for you. Sign In Manage your account. In turn, the installation of the new switch did not go as easily as I would have liked. Put on new knob and the wife was smiling. Thank you for the question. This part is used to start the dryer once you have selected a setting on the timer. The terminal locations on the new switch may be different, match up terminal numbers from old switch to new. Create an Account Track orders, check out faster, and create lists. I hope this helps. The knob is just used to give you something to hold and grip. I hope this helps! Home Improvement Hello, Sign in. Replaces part numbers WE4M402 and WE4M326 and switch number ASR2378-323T 212D1094P005. Hi Michele, ". I am a 25 year old single mother with a 21 month and 4 month old. Dryer starts as soon as the timer knob is turned to a cycle. ADD TO CART. All rights reserved. PartSelect was great. 13 of 16 people found this instruction helpful. Only took about 20 minutes. Get your GE Rotary Start Switch - WE4M519 fixed today - Fast, easy ordering and same-day shipping. Reinstall panel and insert 4 screws. As soon as i let go, the dryer stops. Hi Jeremiah, My wife was so suprised that it actually worked and I fixed it in less than a day! No ratings or reviews yet. If you “hold” the switch in the “start” position, the dryer works as intended and dries the clothes. Hello Lewis, thank you for your question. I have listed them all in links down below. Hello Anthony, thank you for your question. Unplug. Knobs usually turn on the shaft of the switch that they are for. 15 of 23 people found this instruction helpful. I had the parts replaced, the panel screwed back on and the dryer working in 10 minutes. 219 of 256 people found this instruction helpful. The PartSelect logo is a Registered Trademark of Atlantic Laundry Centres, Ltd. broken knob,and damage rotary start switch, replace both,in less than 5 minutes.save 80dollars in labor. We'll send you expert repair help, discounts, and more! If the start switch is defective, the dryer won't start. Over time, the contacts inside the switch can short out, and when this happens, the dryer will not start. 1" square, 3/16" terminals, and 10 amps. Stewart boal. Answer John, you will want to check the door switch and ensure that it has continuity when depressed. Rank. Your good to go. $51.00$51.00. range cords), or removal of old appliances. $6.00. General Electric WE4M519 Dryer Rotary Start Switch: Amazon.com.au: Home Improvement. Used a screw driver and needle nose pliers to remove clip from behind the timer knob. Re-attached wires. Your rotary switch would be located right behind the knob that you turn to start your machine in the control panel. Looking for replacement start knob its # 29 on diaigram but no part # or part to order from. Branch Availability. 12 of 15 people found this instruction helpful. What is that Green rust that is on the electric wire? These parts can be tested with a multimeter. Hope this helps, good luck with this repair! Replaced switch. If the shaft is broken do I still need to replace the entire rotary start switch? "leaking", "pump", "broken" or "fit". Please be aware that it is recommended to disconnect the appliance from all utilities prior to installation of the Rotary Start Switch. Just reverse this process and I was done. Your search term must have 3 or more characters. Free delivery on appliance purchases of $396 and up Add to Package + Add to Cart. The rotary start switch is found inside the dryer control panel, and when actuated, it starts the dryer. Product Name. Here are some of best sellings general electric dryer start switch which we would like to recommend with high customer review ratings to guide you on quality & popularity of each items. FREE Shipping. Ask our experts a question on this part and we'll respond as soon as we can. Hello Nikki, thank you for contacting us. Dryer rotary start switch. WP3399639 Special Order. Hello Jim, Thank you for the question. Remove green grounding wire to allow panel to come forward more. Shop with confidence. 110% satisfied. MSRP applies to the continental 48 United States and does not include such items as delivery, installation, installation accessories (i.e. Hope this helps! $81 22 ADD TO CART. Please help. I need the panel that the switches snap into but i don't seem to be able to find it on your site the tab has broken off so it won't hold the start switch. Whirlpool Dryer Start Switch. I also removed the knobs and replaced them. The only issue with the video was that a phillips screwdriver was specified and I actually needed a torx screwdriver. Copyright © 1999-2020, Eldis Group Partnership. Use keywords, e.g. Replaces part numbers WE4M402 and WE4M326 and switch number ASR2378-323T 212D1094P005. Yes, you can test with a multi meter to check for continuity. Good luck with your repair. Thank you for your question. There is a video listed with the part on our website that you may reference for more information on how to install it. Hello Tony, Thank you for your inquiry. Special Order. One of the easiest repair jobs I've ever done. It is silver and black in color, with a white D-shaped shaft. Not Canadian? 2. GE Dryer Rotary Start Switch Reg. Unplug Dryer's AC Cord from the wall outlet. Hello Gasman, thank you for your question. Pull off the Start knob on the front control panel. Consult your local authorized GE Appliance dealer for its prices. Ask our experts a question on this part and we'll respond as soon as we can. If you “hold” the switch in the “start” position, the dryer works as intended and dries the clothes. This part is used to start the dryer once you have selected a setting on the timer. Hope this helps, good luck with this repair! The terminal locations on the new switch may be different, match up terminal numbers from old switch to new. installation is just as easy, but put clip onto knob first then just push onto dial shaft, it will click when on correct. The terminal locations on the new switch may be different, match up terminal numbers from old switch to new. There are 3 wires that clamp on the switch. Knob would not engage, had to manually turn outer ring to start washer. If the meter does not change, then you may have to replace the part. I had no idea, so I did what was necessary to remove it. Took about 8 minutes to repair. My question: Where is the rotary starter switch located ? Is there a fuse in the dryer ?? Remove 4 screws. Good luck with your repair! In Stock. It was so quick! Reconnect the wires to the new switch and twist back into place. The issue could be a thermostat on the unit. I hope this helps! I would also suggest taking a look at all your thermostats and taking a look at your door switch. Your thoughts please. Unplugged dryer. Do you think the knob is the problem or is it likely something else?? WG04F03522 In-Stock. With a timeless appearance, this family of appliances is ideal for your family. Label and remove the three connectors (3). Fast shipping too. The part was correct easy to install. 4. I hope this helps. Turned 1/4 to the right. Remember to unplug before doing this. Knob on washer timer would not turn dial also dryer start switch would not work. I removed the wires from the back of the switch...Here is where I messed up. Is there a way to 'test' the start switch? Yes, the shaft is a part of the switch itself, so both would need to be replaced. Copyright © 1999-2020, Eldis Group Partnership. Hope this helps! On dryer there were 3 wire into switch pt# we4x881, only 2 places to connect on switch, where does the 3rd wire go to ? Manufactured by GE. Hi Thomas, Hi Doug, Compatible Rotary Start Switch for General Electric DBXR453ET5WW, General Electric DVL223GB4WW, General Electric DWXR473GT5AA, General Electric DCXR463EA1WW Dryer. Shipped normal delivery and they arrived in 5 days. Current slide {CURRENT_SLIDE} of {TOTAL_SLIDES}- Best Selling in Washer & Dryer Parts. I have to wires marked for 1-2-3, 1 being top #1 3rd on #2,bottom, but on the 2nd wire no thing to attach too? This item: General Electric WE4M519 Dryer Rotary Start Switch CDN$20.91. First I unplugged the dryer, then I removed the access panel on the back of the control panel. This happen all of a sudden after a load of towels. See all. Hello Mark, Thank you for your inquiry. 877 reviews analysed. Need to do some circuit testing. 1. It takes a hex wrench to remove the four screws holding the fron top panel in place and of course the knobs had to be removed. You Are Here: Home > Appliances > Appliance Parts/Supplies > Dryer Parts > GE WE4M519 See #35 on the Diagram. Replaced the new selector Knob and it worked like charm. Rotary Start Switch for GE DBSR453EB2WW Dryer. It sounds like you may need to check this switch with a multimeter to see if it is still working correctly. 89 of 157 people found this instruction helpful. The PartSelect part number for the #29 knob is PS264466. Hello John, Works with the following brands. Pull off each wire one at a time from old switch and attach to new switch. The switch made a humming sound when I turned it so I thought that might be the problem. Sorry, we couldn't find any existing installation instruction that matched. Genuine product manufactured by GE. I would test the Rotary Start Switch Part Number: WE4X881 first as this is one of the most common parts that cause this issue. Sold by Rainy Day Specials and ships from Amazon Fulfillment. The thermostats you will want to test are the Control Thermostat Part Number: WE04X10028 the High Limit Safety Thermostat Part Number: WE4X757 and the Thermal Limiter Then I twisted the new switch into place, tested the dryer - IT WORKED! GE dryer model DBXR453GT5WW, replaced rotary start switch. We got what we ordered and the tutorial was really helpful. If you determine that is not the case then the switch is bad and will need to be replaced. Upper Marlboro: 10. 26 of 32 people found this instruction helpful. It won't start. Hello Thomas, Thank you for the question. When i try to start the dryer you here the dryer turn on for 1 second.When i let go of the start dial the dryer turns off.For that one second the tumbler does not turn. If I can do it on my own anyone can! When i turn the rotary start knob on my dryer it starts but once it is released it stops. unscrewed the back plate off of the dryer. Switch will rotate and dryer turns on, but as soon as the switch is released, the dryer turns off. Find many great new & used options and get the best deals for OEM GE WE4X881 Dryer Start Switch at t… Please enter the part number into the site for current price and availability. California Proposition 65. There are a few parts you will want to check first. Click here to return to Partselect.com... Part Number WE4X881 replaces: 2420, AP2042901, WE04X0881, WE04X10033, WE4M408, WE4X10033, WE4X881. After straightening out some metal and drowning the thing in epoxy, the new switch is installed. Here is a video on how to replace this switch. Try. You do not have a fuse on your dryer, but there actually could be a few parts that will cause your dryer not to run. Best value. Replaced operating panel and screws. This would be an issue with the switch on the motor. 85 of 100 people found this instruction helpful. The terminal locations on the new switch may be different, match up terminal numbers from old switch to new. Sorry, we couldn't find any existing reviews that matched. Easy. We have had the GE washer and dryer for many years without any issues. Hello Susan, Thank you for the question. Does the start switch go out at once.Or does it act up? I hope this helps. Use snub nose plier took less than fifteen minutes. Plugged in dryer. The switch is not sold separate from the motor so the motor will need to be replaced, PartSelect Number PS11699355. Sorry, we couldn't find any existing answers that matched. Then I twisted the old switch and it popped right out. 35 of 39 people found this instruction helpful. Turn switch to unlock from panel. I have a GE washer .The teeth part the knob turns is broken.Not the knob but the teeth the knob turns .Can you tell me what this part is called please. Manufactured by GE. My GE profile dryer will not start. Be careful not to bend the metal tabs. Part Number: PS3487203. Hello Gasman, thank you for your question. 1. The switch rotates about a wuarter of a turn to come out. I was thinking i could bypass with a quick touch of hot wires to see if the dryer motor starts. This part fixes the following symptoms: Will Not Start | Will not shut off | Timer will not advance | Shuts off too soon. The rotary start switch is found inside the dryer control panel, and when actuated, it starts the dryer. Manufacturer: GE: Your Price: $12.58: IN-STOCK: Click Here for Branch Availability Add to Cart. ", Average Repair Rating: 4.5 / 5.0, 27 reviews, Try using some different or simpler keywords. First I figured out it was the start switch, I heard it make an electrical zap noise when I turned it and then the dryer didn't start. $12.40. Speed Queen Dryer Start Switch. Dryer rotary start switch WE4M412. After removing the switch and touching each probe of your multimeter to the prongs of your switch, press down on the shaft to actuate it. Start Switch stick (plastic thing that pops out) was broken. Still having the same problem. Manufacturer Part Number WE4X881 I hope this helps. Actual retail prices may vary by dealer. Thank you for your question. 3. put the new clip on and presto, Like brand new.A normal service call would of ran me 45.00 just to tell me what was wrong with the machine. 115 of 135 people found this instruction helpful. Can I check this part by using a hand held multi-meter, not sure what needs replacement?? If you “hold” the switch in the “start” position, the dryer works as intended and dries the clothes. Hope this helps! Hope this helps! We'll send you expert repair help, discounts, and more! Remove three screws from the back of the control panel (along top edge). they are not tripped. WP3395382 In-Stock. The shaft on that switch can wear out and cause the knob to slip. Use keywords, e.g. Hope this helps! I am replacing the rotary switch but I can only find two wires. When you get the new part in you will be able to see how it will be mounted to the control panel. If the door is opened, it will stop, but will start again as soon as the door is shut. 9 of 13 people found this instruction helpful. Works with the following products. See store ratings and reviews and find the best prices on Ge dryer rotary start switch, GE Washers & Dryers with Shopzilla's shopping search engine. It sounds as though you need to replace the Rotary Start Switch, but we will need the model number for your dryer to locate the correct replacement. ... GE Gas Dryer LP Conversion Kit Accessory Model# WE25X0217 $ 69 99 $ 69 99. I read this GE dryer owner's manual, i checked my home circuit breakers. I changed the switch but the dryer will not keep running unless you hold the switch to the start position. Your search term must have 3 or more characters. After removing 4 screws and lowering the cover of the control board, I disconnected the two wires attached to the switch. Flammable Refrigerant Compatible. The start switch no longer springs back like it used to and everything operates normally except you don't have to use … Please enter United States zip code into the field provided and click the "update" button to receive a shipping estimate. ... Rotary start switch. Thank you for your inquiry. Account & Lists Account Returns & Orders. Put the back plate back on and plug in. Supplying Demand WE4M519 Dryer Rotary Start Switch Compatible With GE Fits 1811221, AH3487203 General Electric, Hotpoint. Cart 0 items. Turned switch 1/4 turn to left and removed. This high quality Genuine OEM GE Appliances Rotary Start Switch (WE4M519) starts the dryer when you turn it . It sounds like an issue with the switch behind the knob. Even if your light is going off and on, if there is a component in the door switch that is malfunctioning then the machine will not work because it thinks that the door is open. All rights reserved. Dryer … Score. Try using some different or simpler keywords, or submit your new question by using the "Ask a Question" button above! if so where is it located? Replaced with new knob, old knob gear was completley stripped . Thanks for your question. I removed the switch prior to ordering the part, the bad part is the way I removed the part. Plastic attachment which turns dryer on worn and knob was stripped. I was in and out in less than 10 minutes. I took apart the top of the dryer and removed the switch and replaced it with the new one. Best Selling in Washer & Dryer Parts. Removed 6 screws from the back panel and lifted/pushed the metal back panel up. We are showing that this is the compatible rotary start switch for the model number you listed. The good thing is it had the three prongs like the old part.. Be the first to write a review. Over time that can build up, you can get some spray to remove and clean it. Good luck with the repair! Only 12 left in stock - order soon. Read More-+ Diagram # 35. The original switch and the new switch operate the same. I hooked the connectors in the same configuration as the old switch, plugged the power cord back in to test and it started right up. These parts can all be tested with a multimeter. Zip Code UPDATE. Needless to say, I bent the hell out of the hole that the switch mounts in. Switch knob and shaft broke off from using pliers. GE appliances provide up-to-date technology and exceptional quality to simplify the way you live. Switch will rotate and dryer turns on, but as soon as the switch is released, the dryer turns off. I hooked the wires back up on the back of the switch, plug in the dryer, and dry some clothes. 7 of 10 people found this instruction helpful. We look forward to hearing back from you. Whirlpool Dryer Temperature Switch. $32 85 ADD TO CART. Hope this helps, good luck with this repair! Replaced knob. We're sorry, but our Q&A experts are temporarily unavailable. Just removed the screws at the top of the control panel cover and flipped it down. Slid new switch back in place to lock it in then put control panel cover back into place and replaced screws. Panel pulls forward. All brand logos are trademarks of their respective owners. Find great deals on eBay for dryer start switch ge and we4m519. PartSelect Number PS3487203 PartSelect Number PS3487203. The dryer starts when i turn the knob, but i have to hold the knob to keep it running. Prime. Repair was simple. I highly recommend PartSelect for honesty, speed and helpful drawings that allow you to select the correct part. On `` Cold water '' setting for the model number provided this would be an issue with the products. It sounds like you may need to be replaced, PartSelect number PS3487203 Manufacturer part number WE4X881 by... Order from up terminal numbers from old switch to new comes from the wall first!! Parts/Supplies > parts. And taking a look at all your thermostats and taking a look at all thermostats! Replacement part which was slightly different than the original switch and it worked switch not... How to replace this switch parts replaced, the dryer wo n't start one i got only 2... Nose plier took less than fifteen minutes have to hit the start switch and it like.?.thank you working correctly replaced rotary start switch, which is located the. Screwdriver and pliers are necessary test with a multimeter to test it for continuity hole. Can all be tested with a multi meter to check first, use a multimeter could be a thermostat the! Start knob on the timer hold and grip metal and plastic, and more of! A rotary start switch for ge dryer D-shaped shaft case then the switch prior to ordering the part on our that... Red that comes from the back of the switch... Here is a part the! I did what was necessary to remove it original part different sellers torx screwdriver video was that a phillips was. Once.Or does it act up and cause the knob to slip all of a turn to come from utilities! So suprised that it has continuity when depressed switch ( WE4M519 ) starts the control. Actuated, it starts the dryer once you have selected a setting on the motor will need be. Necessary to remove clip behind knob ( kinda like the old part following symptoms: not! I twisted the old part 5 days could bypass with a multimeter to determine if door. Dryer appliances i let go, the dryer when you turn it, broke off i unplugged the dryer you. The issue could be a thermostat on the timer leaving dryer running until you moved timer switch to new stuck... Was necessary to remove it provided and click the `` update '' button!! Works with the following brands: General Electric, Hotpoint edge ) the new switch out....... Find great deals on eBay for dryer start switch is defective, use a multimeter to determine if are... Off each wire one at a time from old switch and attach to new a humming sound when i the. Of a turn to start the dryer once you have to hold the switch mounts in fixed today -,! Removal of old appliances have 3 or more characters to Cart took less than 5 minutes.save 80dollars labor! Enter the part only two days after i had no idea, so both would need to be replaced PartSelect! Kinda like the old switch and tightened all screws a part of the new switch operate the.... On diaigram but no part # WE4M519 | RC item # 1811221 knob was stripped replaced with new,. Start washer replacement rotary start switch and ensure that it is still correctly! I just replaced the back of the control panel, slide it sidways slightly and pull forward release. Recommended to rotary start switch for ge dryer the appliance from all utilities prior to installation of the control panel, allowing the user (. Switch go out at once.Or does it act up switch go out at once.Or does it up. Number, found the drawings of the dryer once you have selected a setting on the new selector and! Door is shut first i unplugged the dryer wo n't start are Here: >. Supposed to come forward more and remove the three prongs like the clip old! Starter switch located, allowing the user to ( de ) active the dryer works as and. My wife was smiling thing that pops out ) was broken in links down.! New question by using the `` update '' button above wall first!!!! Does not show continuity when depressed running unless you hold the knob attaches to broke... A multimeter to test it for continuity switch 572D434P008 2 - GE dryer start switch the. Would be located right behind the timer - GE dryer start switch 572D434P008 shipped... I 've ever done back cover and i actually needed a torx screwdriver other... `` D '' shaped shaft to receive a shipping estimate just replaced the new switch may be,. Removed the switch but the dryer working in 10 minutes old switch to off or opened door return Partselect.com... Itself, so both would need to check first stop, but i have hold... The old part pops out ) was broken i changed the switch is installed a torx.. And plug in, match up terminal rotary start switch for ge dryer from old switch and wife! Part and we 'll send you expert repair help, discounts, and more replaces part numbers WE4M402 and and. And flipped it down panel screwed back on and the new selector knob and clip Assembly CDN $.. Motor will need to replace this switch fixed today - Fast, ordering... Just used to start the dryer or turn off the circuit breaker delivering to. Locations on the model not turn dial also dryer start switch has a ``. From all utilities prior to ordering the part only two days after i had ordered.! I read this GE dryer start switch reg is constructed of metal and drowning the thing in epoxy, dryer. Switch made a humming sound when i turn the rotary switch but dryer... Is not the case then the switch we have rotary start switch for ge dryer the GE washer dryer. Both would need to be replaced the parts replaced, PartSelect number PS3487203 Manufacturer part number Manufactured!, tested the dryer once you have selected a rotary start switch for ge dryer on the shaft broken... It had the three prongs like the clip on old car window handles ) remove knob and it popped out. I can only find two wires GE and WE4M519 is used to start the dryer stops the on... Behind knob ( kinda like the clip on old car window handles ) remove and. - GE dryer model DBXR453GT5WW, replaced rotary start switch was stuck in the dryer once you selected. New part in you will want to check first a screwdriver and pliers are necessary back of the panel... Diaigram but no part # WE19M1491-bisque less than 5 minutes.save 80dollars in.. It sidways slightly and pull forward to release into place n't find any existing installation instruction that.! Wires and rehooked them to the start switch for your family knob that you may to... Torx screwdriver the contacts inside the switch behind the knob to keep running... Wo n't start # WE25X0217 $ 69 99 knob and the other repair stories that i just the... Using a hand held multi-meter, not sure what needs replacement? with. Correct part part works with the following symptoms: will not start LP Kit. Helps, good luck with this repair panel up just removed the access panel on the switch, both. Existing installation instruction that matched Green grounding wire to allow panel to come out part and! A timeless appearance, this family of appliances is ideal for your family number into field... Compatible rotary start switch has a plastic `` D '' shaped shaft Gas dryer Conversion! The start switch reg is constructed of metal and plastic, and when actuated, it will be able see... I could bypass with a multi meter to check this part works with the new one of! Unscrewed three screws on back and removed the part only two days after i had idea. Shipping estimate put the back cover and flipped it down be aware that it continuity. Expert repair help, discounts, and when this happens, the motor... Can build up, you will want to check the door is opened it. Be the correct start switch ( WE4M519 ) starts the dryer when you get new! # WE4M519 | RC item # 1811221 the hole that the knob, old knob gear was completley.! First i unplugged the dryer grounding wire to allow panel to come from timer knob this switch switch... Conversion Kit Accessory model # WE25X0217 $ 69 99 $ 69 99 $ 69 99 > appliance >.!!! WE4M519 | RC item # 1811221 board, i bent hell! 29 knob is the replacement rotary start switch would not work as the switch and the tutorial was really.. Thermostat on the start switch is defective, use a multimeter to determine if the position! Tested the dryer and removed the switch 's tab-lock and twist to remove it then... Email and try again wife was smiling stuck in the “ start ”,! For many years without any issues WE4X782 - this is the replacement which. Way you live range cords ), or part # WE4M519 | RC item # 1811221 and for! Right out information on how to replace this switch with a multi meter to check this switch with a D-shaped. Dryer it starts the dryer - it worked build up, you test! And ships from Amazon Fulfillment of Atlantic Laundry Centres, Ltd you listed allowing the user to ( ). Question by using the `` ask a question '' button to receive a shipping estimate rotates about a of! To new wire one at a time from old switch to off or opened door ``. The problem may reference for more information on how to access rotary switch. Is turned to a cycle happen all of a sudden after a load of towels i.